There sponges grew in every shape, globular, stalklike, leaflike, fingerlike. 在这一带海水里面,生长着各种形状的海绵,脚形海绵、卅状海绵、球形海绵、指形海绵。 With reasonable accuracy, they lived up to their ni

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

I stood up and could clearly observe the Canadian's adversary. This dugong--which also boasts the name halicore--closely resembled a manatee. 我站起来,很清楚地看见加拿大人的对手。这海马又名为儒良,很像海牛。 Its oblo

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

It took pulleys of great strength to hoist this dugong onto the platform. 把这条海马拉到大船的乎台上,必须使用力量很大的起重滑车。 The beast weighed 5,000 kilograms. 它重五千公斤。 It was carved up in sight of the C

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

And what thinks our friend Conseil? Ned Land asked. 康塞尔朋友怎样想呢?尼德兰问。 Your friend Conseil, the fine lad replied serenely, has nothing to say for himself. 康塞尔朋友,这个老实人安静地回答,康塞尔朋友没有

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

That's also well put, the Canadian replied. 您这些话很正确,加拿大人回答说, But your proviso applies to any escape attempt, whether it happens in two years or two days. 但您提出的这一点可以应用到所有逃走的计划上面

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

No, but I can back away from the fireplace producing it. 不能,不过我们可以离开这产生热力的地方。 So it's outside? 那么,这热是外来的。 Surely. We're cruising in a current of boiling water. 不错。我们现在在滚沸的

If, on the other hand, we do know every living species. 这说法还是比较今人情服的。 We must look for the animal in question among those marine creatures already cataloged, and in this event I would be inclined to accept the existence of a

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

All right then! Imagine this weapon to be ten times stronger and the animal ten times more powerful, launch it at a speed of twenty miles per hour, multiply its mass times its velocity, and you get just the collision we need to cause the specified ca

For the past ten years, Conseil had gone with me wherever science beckoned. 十年来,直到现在,凡我为科学而去的地方,康塞尔都跟我去。 Not once did he comment on the length or the hardships of a journey. 他自己从不想到旅

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

The hotel elevator dropped us off in the main vestibule on the mezzanine. 旅馆的升降机把我们送到二楼下的大厅中。 I went down a short stair leading to the ground floor. 我步行数级,到了地面一层。 I settled my bill at th

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

This magnificent radiance had to come from some force with a great illuminating capacity. 这种特别灿烂的光芒必定是从什么巨大的发光动力发出来的。 The edge of its light swept over the sea in an immense, highly elongated oval,

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Right your helm! Engines forward! Commander Farragut called. 法拉古舰长喊:舵向右,向前开! These orders were executed, and the frigate swiftly retreated from this core of light. 以上命令执行了,战舰很快离开了发光的中心。

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Then it reappeared on the other side of the ship, either by circling around us or by gliding under our hull. 不久它又在战舰的另一边出现了,可能是绕过来的,也可能是从船底下潜水过来的。 At any instant a collision co

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Infuriated, Commander Farragut kept twisting the thick tuft of hair that flourished below his chin. 法拉古舰长心里很烦躁,拈着那下巴下面蓬蓬的一撮浓须。 Ned Land! he called. 尼德兰呢?他喊。 The Canadian reported at

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Eyes and spyglasses didn't remain at rest for an instant. Day and night we observed the surface of the ocean, 真的,眼睛和望远镜好象被二千美元奖金的远景所眩惑,一刻也不愿休息。 and those with nyctalopic eyes, whose ab

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Commander Farragut felt, and with good reason, that it was best to stay in deep waters and keep his distance from continents or islands, 法拉古舰长想得对,驶到深水的地方, whose neighborhoods the animal always seemed to avoid No doub

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

For three months, during which each day seemed like a century, the Abraham Lincoln plowed all the northerly seas of the Pacific, 三个月来,林肯号跑遍了太平洋北部所有的海面, racing after whales sighted, abruptly veering off cour

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

With his eye and his throwing arm, he was worth the whole crew all by himself. 这个人,单单他一人,从手和眼两点来看,就相当于全体的:船员。 I can do no better than to compare him with a powerful telescope that could doub

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Professor Pierre Aronnax? he said to me. 彼埃尔,阿龙纳斯先生吗? The same, I replied. Commander Farragut? 对,我答,您是法拉古司令吗? In person. Welcome aboard, professor. Your cabin is waiting for you. 是。欢迎欢迎,

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Voluntary watches from the crosstrees of the topgallant sail were self-imposed by more than one who would have cursed such toil under any other circumstances. As often as the sun swept over its daily arc, the masts were populated with sailors whose f

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物