赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第18期:服务台 Information Desk
时间:2019-03-18 作者:英语课 分类:赖世雄旅游观光英语通
英语课
Information Desk
服务台
Evan approaches an Information Desk at Schipol Airport. An agent offers help.
艾凡走到席波机场的服务台,一名柜台人员帮忙他们。
E:Hi, miss. May I trouble you for a moment?
艾凡:嗨,小姐,我可以打扰你几分钟吗?
A:Of course. How may I help you?
柜台:当然。我可以帮你什么忙?
E:First, I need to know where the car rental 1 places are. I want to rent a car.
艾凡:首先,我需要知道哪里可以租车。我想要租车。
A:They're down this hall to your left, just before you see the exit sign.
柜台:从这条信道直走,就在你看到出口指示前的左手边。
E:OK. Thanks. And I also need a map of Amsterdam. In fact, I'd prefer a map of the whole country with a detailed 2 map of the Amsterdam city center.
艾凡:好的,谢谢。我还需要一张阿姆斯特丹地图。实际上,我比较喜欢一张含阿姆斯特丹市中心详图的全国地图。
A:We have a special map for tourists here. You can also select any of these advertisements on this rack 3. They introduce places of interest to tourists, and they're free. Help yourself. Anything else?
柜台:我们这里有一种特别给观光客的地图。你也可以在这个架子上挑选任何广告简介,里面介绍观光客有兴趣参观的地方,全都是免费的。请自行取用。还有别的事吗?
E:Yes. Is there a money changer here at the airport? I need to cash a traveler's check.
艾凡:有。机场这里有没有兑换货币的地方?我需要兑现一张旅行支票。
A:Of course. The closest one is down the same hall I told you to go down, but it's on the right side.
柜台:当然有。最近的就在我刚告诉过你走下去的那条信道,但它是在右手边。
E:Oh, great! That's really convenient 4. Thanks for your help.
艾凡: 哦,太棒了!真是方便。谢谢你的协助。
A:Don't mention it.
柜台:别客气。
1.approach 接近
2.May I trouble you(with. . .能不能麻烦你?
例:Excuse me May I trouble you with a question
打扰一下。能不能麻烦问你一个问题呢,!)
3.car rental place 租车处
rental租金
例:Car Metal places canalways be found at airports.
(在机场都可以找到出租汽车的地方。)
4.exit sign 出口指示
5.prefer 比较喜欢,宁愿
例:Aften dinner,I pefer tea to coffee.
(晚餐后,我比较喜欢喝茶而不喜欢喝咖啡。)
I pefer diving to snorkeling,but my wife prefers lying on the beach.
(我比较喜欢跳水而不喜欢潜水,但我太太比较喜欢躺在沙滩上。)
6.detailed 洋细的
例:Mrs scott won't acce},t anv ideas for pojects unless thev are both detailed and written down.
(斯科特先生不会接受任何企划的点子,除非有洋细的书面报告。)
n.租赁,出租,出租业
- The yearly rental of her house is 2400 yuan.她这房子年租金是2400元。
- We can organise car rental from Chicago O'Hare Airport.我们可以安排提供从芝加哥奥黑尔机场出发的租车服务。
adj.详细的,详尽的,极注意细节的,完全的
- He had made a detailed study of the terrain.他对地形作了缜密的研究。
- A detailed list of our publications is available on request.我们的出版物有一份详细的目录备索。
n.挂架,搁架;vt.折磨;使紧张,使努力
- He went over and took his jacket from the coat rack.到衣架上取外套。
- The old house soon went to rack and ruin.这所旧房子很快就毁坏了。
adj.便利的,方便的
- I have to find a convenient location for the shelves.我得找一合适的地方放这些书架。
- Come at any time that is convenient to you.你哪会儿方便就哪会儿来吧。