赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第45期:完美的野餐地点
时间:2019-03-18 作者:英语课 分类:赖世雄旅游观光英语通
英语课
The Perfect Picnic Spot
完美的野餐地点
Kathy and Evan decide to finish Mrs. Van Helsing's lunch as a picnic rather than stop in a restaurant.
凯西和艾凡决定以野餐的方式解决凡?赫尔辛太太准备的午餐而不上餐馆。
K:Gee, we've been driving for a few hours. It's past lunch time. What do you say we stop for lunch?
凯西:啊,我们已经开了好几个钟头的车了。现在都过了午餐时间。我们停车吃午餐,你认为如何?
E:You mean in a restaurant?
艾凡:你是说在餐馆用餐?
K:Well, of course! What else is there?
凯西:嗯,当然!还有哪里可以去呢?
E:I've got an idea. Why don't we finish off Mrs. Van Helsing's delicious sandwiches and potato salad and have a picnic?
艾凡:我有个主意。我们何不来一次野餐吃掉凡?赫尔辛太太准备的美味三明治和马铃薯沙拉呢?
K:That sounds like a great idea, but we don't have any drinks.
凯西:好点子,但是我们没有饮料?
E:Oh yes, we do. I bought some extra cans of soda 1 and a bottle of beer at the gas station.
艾凡:哦,有的,我们有。我在加油站另外买了几罐汽水和一瓶啤酒。
K:You sneak 2! You didn't ask me what I wanted.
凯西:你这个偷偷摸摸的小人!你没有问我我要什么。
E:I didn't need to. I know what you like.
艾凡:我不需要问。我知道你喜欢什么。
K:Oh? Is that so?
凯西:哦?是吗?
E:Yes, that's so. So let's start looking for a nice place to have our picnic, OK?
艾凡:是的,没错。那么,咱们开始找个野餐的好地点,好吗?
K:I can't argue with that. We don't have a blanket, do we?
凯西:这我同意。我们没有毛毯,不是吗?
E:I have a beach towel. That's big enough.
艾凡:我有一条海滩浴巾。够大的了。
K:Fine. Come to think of it, where can't we have a picnic? Every place around here in Germany is beautiful!
凯西:太好了。再说,这里哪有不能野餐的地方?德国这个地方到处都很美!
E:How about by that pond down there?
艾凡:那边那个池塘边如何呢?
K:That looks fine. Let's go for it.
凯西:看起来不错。咱们走吧。
单词短语精讲:
1. What do you say+(that)从句?……你认为如何呢?
What do you say to+Vine? 你有什么看法呢?
例What do you sav we go see a movie tonight
(我们今晚去看场电影,你认为如何呢,!)
What do you sav to oun daughter's mmnying Jose},h}
(我们的女儿嫁给约瑟夫,你有什么看法呢,!)
2. sneak 偷偷摸摸的小人&vi鬼鬼祟祟而行
例:Mason has shifty eyes. I don't trust that little sneak.
(梅森眼神不定,我不信任那样的小人。)
Jack 3 doesn't like cats because they sneak around the house and you never know where thev are.
(杰克不喜欢猫,因为它们在屋内鬼鬼祟祟地出没,而你永远不知它们的行踪。)
3 .I can't argue with that. 我不会争一论这点的。我同意。
例:A:Gee,Peter is quite a reliable 4 person.
B:I can't argue with that.
(甲:嗯,彼得是一个相当可靠的人。)
(乙:我同意。)
4. blanket 毛毯
5. Come to think of it,S+V...提醒厂我,·…
=Now that you mention it,S+V...
=That reminds me,S+V...
例:A:Well, I'd better go now. I have to wash my father car.
B:Come to think of it,maybe I should wash my car too
(甲:嗯,我最好现在就走,我得洗我老爸的车子。)
(乙:你提醒厂我,也许我也该把我的车清洗一下厂。)
n.苏打水;汽水
- She doesn't enjoy drinking chocolate soda.她不喜欢喝巧克力汽水。
- I will freshen your drink with more soda and ice cubes.我给你的饮料重加一些苏打水和冰块。
vt.潜行(隐藏,填石缝);偷偷摸摸做;n.潜行;adj.暗中进行
- He raised his spear and sneak forward.他提起长矛悄悄地前进。
- I saw him sneak away from us.我看见他悄悄地从我们身边走开。
n.插座,千斤顶,男人;v.抬起,提醒,扛举;n.(Jake)杰克
- I am looking for the headphone jack.我正在找寻头戴式耳机插孔。
- He lifted the car with a jack to change the flat tyre.他用千斤顶把车顶起来换下瘪轮胎。