赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第38期:整理行囊
时间:2019-03-18 作者:英语课 分类:赖世雄旅游观光英语通
英语课
Packing
整理行囊
Kathy and Evan prepare to leave the hostel 1 in Amsterdam.
凯西和艾凡准备离开阿姆斯特丹的青年旅社。
K:Aw, I don't want to leave, Evan.
凯西:噢,艾凡,我不想走。
E:Nor do I, but we have to get going. Can you believe it's been three weeks here already?
艾凡:我也不想啊,但是我们还是得走。你相信我们已经在这里待了三个礼拜了吗?
K:Correction: three wonderful weeks.
凯西:更正一下:非常棒的三个礼拜。
E:I'm glad you had a good time. I did, too. Did you enjoy going out with my relatives?
艾凡:我很高兴你玩得很愉快,我也一样。和我亲戚外出时你玩得愉快吗?
K:Did I? Are you kidding? I think I made a fool of myself laughing all night at Uncle Peter's jokes. His son Jacob speaks English perfectly 2.
凯西:我玩得愉快吗?你在说笑?我想我一整晚被彼得叔叔的笑话逗得都笑成呆瓜了。他儿子雅各的英语讲得无懈可击。
E:I'm glad you enjoyed meeting them. So did I.
艾凡:我很高兴你和他们相谈甚欢。我也有同感。
K:I can't wait to meet my relatives in Sweden when we get there.
凯西:我恨不得我们马上到达瑞典去和我的亲戚见面。
E:Well. Can you get everything into your suitcase?
艾凡:嗯。你的东西都可以放进行李箱吗?
K:I'm going to try. I'm sure some things will have to go into my carry-on bags. What should I do with these plastic bags?
凯西:我试试看。我确信有些东西得放到我随身的行李袋中。这些塑料袋我该怎么处理呢?
E:I'll ask Mrs. Van Helsing if she can use them. Otherwise, just throw them into the wastepaper basket.
艾凡:我会问一下凡?赫尔辛太太看她是否会用到它们。不然,就把它们丢到废纸筐里去好了。
K:We walked so much I nearly wore out this pair of sandals.
凯西:我们走了这么多路,因此我这双凉鞋快磨坏了。
E:Toss them. I'll buy you another pair in Denmark.
艾凡:把它们扔掉算了,我会在丹麦买另一双送给你。
K:Aw, how sweet!
凯西:噢,你真好!
E:You're welcome. Now, come on, let's get moving.
艾凡:不客气。来吧,现在咱们快动手整理行李吧。
单词短语精讲:
1.have to get going必须离开
例:A:What time is it now? We’二。been talking all night!
B:It's almost 11:00.
A:Whoops!I have to bet 3 }oin}. I have work tomorrow.
(甲:现在几点?我们已经聊一整个晚上了!)
(乙:快11点了。)
(甲:啊!我得走了,明天要工作。)
2. correction改正
例:The newspaper printed the wrong stony 4 anc the next day made a correction on page 1.
(那家报纸报导错误,因此隔天在头版上刊登厂更正启事。)
3.make a fool of oneself出丑,弄出笑话来
例:After Brad drinks a couple of beers,he starts to make。fool of himself by talking too much.
(布莱德喝厂儿杯啤洒后,开始话多起来让自己闹笑话。)
4. plastic 塑料的
wastepaper basket 废纸篓/筐
n.(学生)宿舍,招待所
- I lived in a hostel while I was a student.我求学期间住在青年招待所里。
- He says he's staying at a Youth Hostel.他说他现住在一家青年招待所。
adv.完美地,无可非议地,彻底地
- The witnesses were each perfectly certain of what they said.证人们个个对自己所说的话十分肯定。
- Everything that we're doing is all perfectly above board.我们做的每件事情都是光明正大的。
v.打赌,以(与)...打赌;n.赌注,赌金;打赌
- I bet you can't do this puzzle.我敢说,你解决不了这个难题。
- I offered to bet with him.我提出与他打赌。