No, Ned, I replied, it isn't worth more. 不,尼德,我回答,我的生命不是更有价值。 Nobody could be better than a kind and generous man like yourself! 谁也不能比善良仁爱的人们更优秀,而您正是这种人! All righ

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

After two hours of energetic work, 经过两小时的努力工作, Ned Land reentered, exhausted. 尼德兰疲倦不堪地回来。 He and his companions were replaced by new workmen, 他的同伴们和他,由别的人员替代, including Conse

Captain Nemo had picked an odd time to philosophize. 尼摩船长选择这时候来作这种哲学思考,真是太离奇了。 All in all, this reply told me nothing. 总之,他的答复对我没有什么帮助。 May I learn, sir, I asked him, w

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Noon arrived without the orb of day appearing for a single instant. 中午到了,日光仍是一瞬也没有现出。 You couldn't even find its hiding place behind the curtain of mist. 人们甚至不可能认出它在这雾幕后面所在的位置。

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

The next day, March 20, it stopped snowing. 第二天,3月20日,风雪停了。 The cold was a little more brisk. 天气比较寒冷一些, The thermometer marked -2 degrees centigrade. 温度表是零下二度。 The mist had cleared, and on t

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

In the water, their ideal element, I must say these animals swim wonderfully thanks to their flexible backbones, narrow pelvises, close-cropped hair, and webbed feet. 我得说,它们在海水里面生活环境优越,这些脊骨活动,骨盘狭窄

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Made of solid ivory, without striations, harder than elephant tusks, and less prone to yellowing, these teeth are in great demand. 是人们争求的珍品。因此这些海马受到意外过度的猎龋不久就要被消减到最后阶段了, Acco

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

It was an arduous climb over sharp lava and pumice stones in the midst of air often reeking with sulfurous fumes from the smoke holes. 我们是在充满喷火口所发出的流磺气体的大气中,沿着尖利的火石和浮石的石层,作艰苦

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

DURING THE NIGHT of March 13-14, the Nautilus resumed its southward heading. 在8月13日至14日夜间,诺第留斯号航行的方向还是往南。 Once it was abreast of Cape Horn, I thought it would strike west of the cape, make for Pacific sea

I stared at Ned Land, whose motives were easy to guess. 我眼光盯着尼德兰,他的意图很容易了解。 Because, I said, if I can trust my hunches, if I truly understand the captain's way of life, his Nautilus isn't simply a ship. 因为,我

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Gives us the quotient of 625. 所得的数是六百二十五。 Which is tantamount to saying that the air contained in the Nautilus would be exactly enough for 625 men over twenty-four hours. 这就是说,诺第留斯号所有的空气可以供应六

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Aristotle put the dimensions of one squid at five cubits, or 3.1 meters. 亚历士多德曾经确证过一条长3.1米的枪乌贼。 Our fishermen frequently see specimens over 1.8 meters long. 我们现在的渔夫也经常看到一些长超过1.8米

Yet, Conseil asked me, doesn't master believe in gigantic devilfish? 那么,康塞尔问我,先生也不相信有大型章鱼吗? Yikes! Who in Hades ever believed in them? the Canadian exclaimed. 哎!鬼才相信呢!加拿大人喊道。 M

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Aristotle put the dimensions of one squid at five cubits, or 3.1 meters. 亚历士多德曾经确证过一条长3.1米的枪乌贼。 Our fishermen frequently see specimens over 1.8 meters long. 我们现在的渔夫也经常看到一些长超过1.8米

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Chapter 18 The Devilfish 第十八章 章鱼 For some days the Nautilus kept veering away from the American coast. 几天来,鹦鹉螺号船只总是一直避开美洲海岸, It obviously didn't want to frequent the waves of the Gulf of Mexico or

DURING THE PERIOD in which these developments were occurring, 这些事件发生的时候, I had returned from a scientific undertaking organized to explore the Nebraska badlands in the United States. 我正从美国内布拉斯加州的贫瘠地区做

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Rifles! What for? Don't your mountaineers attack bears dagger in hand? And isn't steel surer than lead? Here's a sturdy blade. Slip it under your belt and let's be off. 枪支:有什么用?你们山中人不是手拿短刀去打熊吗?钢刀不比

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

On February 9 the Nautilus cruised in the widest part of the Red Sea, measuring 190 miles straight across from Suakin on the west coast to Qunfidha on the east coast. 2月9日,诺第留斯号浮出在红海最宽阔的一部分海面上,海面的西

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Surely, but of great use to the world at large, Captain Nemo said. 不错,不过对全世界很有用。船长回答, The ancients well understood the usefulness to commerce of connecting the Red Sea with the Mediterranean, but they never dreamed

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

AT SUNRISE the next morning, February 12, the Nautilus rose to the surface of the waves. 第二天,2月12日,天一亮的时候,诺第留斯号就浮出水面。 I rushed onto the platform. The hazy silhouette of Pelusium was outlined three mil

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物