Conseil couldn't coax a single word out of him and feared that, 康塞尔因为从加拿大人那里逼不出一句话, in a fit of delirium while under the sway of a ghastly homesickness, Ned would kill himself. 害怕他在过度颓丧中,在吓人

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

An interminable debate then broke out between believers and skeptics in the scholarly societies and scientific journals. 于是,在学术团体里和科学报刊中产生了相信者和怀疑者,这两派人无休止地争论着。 The monster qu

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

If it was a cetacean, it exceeded in bulk any whale previously classified by science. 如果这东西是鲸鱼类动物,那么它的体积:是大大超过了生物学家曾经加以分类的鲸鱼。 No naturalist, neither Cuvier nor Lacpde, neit

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

The Nautilus wasn't going to strike the double-decker where it was clad in impenetrable iron armor, 它不想攻打双层装甲战舰那难以穿透的装甲板, but below its waterline, where the metal carapace no longer protected its planking. 而是

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Dreadful to hear, Captain Nemo was even more dreadful to see. 尼摩船长的声音听起来很可怕,脸色看上去则更可怕。 His face was pale from some spasm of his heart, which must have stopped beating for an instant. 他的脸色由于心

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

I tried to intervene one last time. 我想做最后一次调解。 But I had barely queried Captain Nemo when the latter silenced me: 但我刚一喊尼摩船长,他就让我住嘴。 I'm the law, I'm the tribunal! 我就是公理!我就是正义!

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

I RUSHED UP onto the platform. 我飞跑到平台上去。 Yes, open sea! 是的!自由通行的海。 Barely a few sparse floes, some moving icebergs; a sea stretching into the distance; hosts of birds in the air and myriads of fish under the wate

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

The existence of this shore seemed to bear out Commander Maury's hypotheses. 这片陆地的存在好像证明莫利的假设是对的。 In essence, this ingenious American has noted that between the South Pole and the 60th parallel, the sea is cove

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

I also saw myriads of those northernmost sea butterflies three centimeters long, which a baleen whale can swallow by the thousands in one gulp. 我又看到有无数北方的触须贝,长三厘米;鲸鱼每一口就吞食它们一大群。 The op

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

For two days we visited these deep and deserted waters by means of our slanting fins. 两天内,在这一带荒凉无物的深水中,船都利用纵斜机板下去看过。 The Nautilus would do long, diagonal dives that took us to every level. 诺

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Chapter 16 Shortage of Air 第十六章 缺少空气 Consequently, above, below, and around the Nautilus, there were impenetrable frozen walls. 这样,诺第留斯号的四周,上面下面,都是不可通过的冰墙。 We were the Ice Bank's p

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Objects hanging in the lounge were visibly returning to their normal positions. 悬挂在客厅中的东西分明恢复了它们原来的地位。 The walls were approaching the vertical. Nobody said a word. 墙板接近垂直。我们中间没有谁说

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

I found a place near him and waited without speaking. 我站在他旁边,我等候着,不说话。 Noon arrived, and just as on the day before, the sun didn't put in an appearance. 正午到了,跟昨天一样,太阳不出来。 It was sheer

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

THE NEXT DAY, March 22, at six o'clock in the morning, preparations for departure began. 第二天,3月22日早晨六点,诺第留斯号准备开走。 The last gleams of twilight were melting into night. 清晨的最后曙光没人黑暗中去了。

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

But we ourselves hadn't severed all ties with humanity. 但我们,我们不能与人类隔绝。 For my part, I didn't want my new and unusual research to be buried with my bones. 至于我,我不愿意把我如此奇特新颖的研究和我一起埋

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

DURING THE DAY of January 29, the island of Ceylon disappeared below the horizon, and at a speed of twenty miles per hour, the Nautilus glided into the labyrinthine channels that separate the Maldive and Laccadive Islands. 1月29日,锡兰岛远在天

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Agreed, I said. And steam seems to have killed off all gratitude in seamen's hearts. 这样一个秘密要跟它的发明人一同消逝,是多么不幸:尼摩船长并不回答我的话。 But since you seem to have made a special study of this

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Surely, but of great use to the world at large, Captain Nemo said. 不错,不过对全世界很有用。船长回答, The ancients well understood the usefulness to commerce of connecting the Red Sea with the Mediterranean, but they never dreamed

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

The Chassepot rifle led to the torpedo, and the torpedo has led to this underwater battering ram, 机枪之后有水雷,水雷之后有潜水冲击机, which in turn will lead to the world putting its foot down. At least I hope it will. 然后一又

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

When the Nautilus returned to the surface of the ocean, I could take in Reao Island over its whole flat, wooded expanse. 当诺第留斯号回到海面上来的时候,我可以望见这个低洼的和多树的克列蒙瑞尼岛发展的全部过程。

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物