So that there are instances among them of men, who, named with Scripture names,a singularly common fashion on the island, 岛上的人们还有个习惯,那就是用《圣经》中的人物为自己起名字。 and in childhood naturally imbibing t

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Until the whale fishery rounded Cape Horn, no commerce but colonial, scarcely any intercourse but colonial, 直到鲸鱼业绕过合恩角,没有通商,只是殖民地的地区,几乎没有同世界的交往,只是殖民地的地区 was carried on

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

THE WHALE NO FAMOUS AUTHOR, AND WHALING NO FAMOUS CHRONICLER? Who wrote the first account of our Leviathan? Who but mighty Job! 大概没有哪一种东西能像鲸鱼这大海兽那样,被写人《圣经约伯记》中的了吧1 And who composed t

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(363) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

I am tired of the maegi's braying, Dany told Jhogo. 我听够了巫魔女的废话。丹妮对乔戈说。 He took his whip to her, and after that the godswife kept silent. 他取出鞭子交给她,在那之后,女祭司沉默了。 Over the carc

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

I will think of it. It is easy to say this; but do you know what great things have come from thinking? 我要想一想。这话说起来容易;但是,你知道有多少伟大的事物都来源于思考吗? We can not see our thoughts, or hear,

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第三册

How old is the Earth? 地球的年龄有多大? Well, by counting the number of isotopes in a sample of rock that's undergone radioactive decay, 通过对岩石样品中正经历着放射衰变的同位素计数, geologists have estimated the Ear

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Pa won't like it 爸爸会不高兴的 It seems a farm boy accidentally overturned his wagon load of corn. The farmer who lived nearby heard the noise. Hey Willis!! the farmer yelled, Forget your troubles. Come in with us. Then I'll help you get the

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

King of the Jungle森林之王A lion woke up one morning in the jungle. 丛林里一只狮子在早上醒来。 He went out and cornered a small monkey and roared, Who is mightiest of all jungle animals?他走出去,逼住一只小猴子吼道:谁是

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

When I stand among these mighty Leviathan skeletons, skulls, tusks, jaws, ribs, and vertebrae, 当我置身在这些大鲸的骷髅、头壳、牙齿、嘴巴、肋骨和脊骨堆里时, all characterized by partial resemblances to the existing bre

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

The spoken words that are inaudible among the flying spindles; 在疾驰如飞的锭子声中,说话是听不到的; those same words are plainly heard without the walls, bursting from the opened casements. 可是这种说话,却教墙外的人听

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

But as the colossal skull embraces so very large a proportion of the entire extent of the skeleton; as it is by far the most complicated part; 不过,因为这个硕大的脑壳占着整个骷髅非常大的比例;它又是极其复杂的部分;

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Fain am I to stagger to this enterprise under the weightiest words of the dictionary. 这个壮举,我只得借助于字典中那些最有分量的词汇,勉力以赴了。 And here be it said, that whenever it has been convenient to consult one

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Oh, look. We just passed a Carvel. 快看,我们刚路过一家凯菲 What's a Carvel? 什么是凯菲啊 Carvel ice cream. You know, Fudgie the Whale, Cookie Puss. 凯菲冰激凌啊。他们的软糖鲸鱼,饼干猫没听过吗 Come on, how cou

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 打工姐妹花第一季

Cristina Kirchner (born February 19, 1953) is an Argentine lawyer and the current President of Argentina. She is the wife of former President Nestor Kirchner. Before she became president, she was a Senator for Buenos Aires and First Lady during her h

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人简介

Chapter 13 第十三章 The Greeks 希腊人 Meanwhile the Indo-European tribe of the Hellenes was taking possession of Greece 印欧语系的赫愣人占据了希腊半岛 THE Pyramids were a thousand years old and were beginning to show the first s

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生人类历史

The old bridges were gone and commerce had come to a standstill. 帝国的大道因年旧失修而塌陷,桥梁断绝,早已不堪使用。 Civilisation-the product of thousands of years of patient labor on the part of Egyptians and Babylonians a

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生人类历史

第一、迷你对话 A: Good news! 好消息。 B: What is it? 什么消息? A: The state of economy is starting to go up in our country. 我们国家的经济状况开始好转。 B: Thats just the short in the arm we need. 那正是我们需要鼓

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

I had noticed also that Queequeg never consorted at all, or but very little, with the other seamen in the inn. 我也注意到魁魁格跟客店里其他水手从来不相往来,即使稍有来往,也是十分有限的。 He made no advances whatever

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

So that there are instances among them of men, who, named with Scripture names-a singularly common fashion on the island 所以,在男人中间便有许多以《圣经》上的名字来做名字的情形...这是这个海岛特别普遍的风尚... a

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

So that there are instances among them of men, who, named with Scripture names 所以,在男人中间便有许多以《圣经》上的名字来做名字的情形, a singularly common fashion on the island-and in childhood naturally imbibing the sta

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记