LESSON 14 1.Amaze v.使惊讶 同:surprise They were all amazed at the mighty power of nature. 2.Bargain n. 1.协定 同:contract 2.廉价货 The boys made a bargain with one another to exchange baseball gloves. These good shoes are a real bargain at

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(753) / 评论(0) 分类 刘毅词汇 5000

Don't Step Out of Character BY VIRGINIA SAL! ON A PLANE flying from Chicago to New York, my seat companion was a young girl who gave me a friendly smile as I sat beside her, but whose young face showed great sadness. Hesitantly, she told me she was o

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

Commas are tricky things, especially when subordinates and conjunctions are involved. 逗号的运用是很讲究技巧的,尤其是当从属关联词和连词也一并参与其中的时候。 If you can remember a few basic rules, a simple law of

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

苏珊因为参加朋友的婚礼去了哥斯达黎加,让我们听听她对哥斯达黎加的印象吧...... Andrew: Today, were gonna do a Chatterbox episode. And this is where we have a natural conversation about a topic that we find very intere

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

1Woe to the city of oppressors, rebellious and defiled! 2She obeys no one, she accepts no correction. She does not trust in the Lord , she does not draw near to her God. 3Her officials are roaring lions, her rulers are evening wolves, who leave noth

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 西番雅书

1Ask the Lord for rain in the springtime; it is the Lord who makes the storm clouds. He gives showers of rain to men, and plants of the field to everyone. 2The idols speak deceit, diviners see visions that lie; they tell dreams that are false, they

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 撒迦利亚书

22Then Joshua summoned the Reubenites, the Gadites and the half-tribe of Manasseh 2and said to them, You have done all that Moses the servant of the Lord commanded, and you have obeyed me in everything I commanded. 3For a long time now-to this very

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 约书亚记

1Praise the Lord . How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him! 2The Lord builds up Jerusalem; he gathers the exiles of Israel. 3He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. 4He determines the number of

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 诗篇

30The sayings of Agur son of Jakeh-an oracle : This man declared to Ithiel, to Ithiel and to Ucal: 2I am the most ignorant of men; I do not have a man's understanding. 3I have not learned wisdom, nor have I knowledge of the Holy One. 4Who has gone up

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 箴言

For as the mightiest elephant is but a terrier to Leviathan, so, compared with Leviathan's tail, his trunk is but the stalk of a lily. 因为在大鲸看来,最大的象也不过是条狗罢了,所以跟鲸尾比较起来,象鼻就不过是一支

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Don't Go Home Without Me - Lights This is the song I will sing to you When you're old and tired I will sing it to remind you That I'm old beside you And if you're tired Of hearing my voice I'm gonna sing it to you anyway Cause I know That if we made

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

剧本与台词 1. 神鹰:Mighty Eagle! 无敌神鹰! 2. 神鹰:I see all and know all. 我无所不见 我无所不知 What are yours names? 你们叫什么名字? 3. 黄鸟:If you know all, why don't you know who we are? 如果你无所不知

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Until the whale fishery rounded Cape Horn, no commerce but colonial, scarcely any intercourse but colonial, 在合恩角的捕鲸业发达之前,欧洲与丰饶连绵的西班牙各地间在太平洋沿线的交往, was carried on between Europe and

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

If, then, to meanest mariners, and renegades and castaways, I shall hereafter ascribe high qualities, though dark; weave round them tragic graces; 那么,如果我以后将把高尚的品质(虽然并不明显)归之于那些最卑贱的水手。背教

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

And brave as he might be, it was that sort of bravery chiefly, visible in some intrepid men, which, while generally abiding firm in the conflict with seas, 不过,如果他有勇气的话,那种勇气主要的也是一般勇猛的人常见的勇气:通

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

The whale never figured in any grand imposing way? 大鲸本身从来就没有被当做什么大了不起的么? In one of the mighty triumphs given to a Roman general upon his entering the world's capital, the bones of a whale, brought all the way f

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

The whale no famous author, and whaling no famous chronicler? Who wrote the first account of our Leviathan? Who but mighty Job? 写鲸的并没有产生什么著名的作家,捕鲸业也没有出过什么著名的编史家么?那么,是谁首先记载我

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

A nice spot, cried Flask; just let me prick him there once. 嗳,一个好地方,弗拉斯克叫道,让我在这地方戳它一下吧。 Avast! cried Starbuck, there's no need of that! 住手!斯达巴克嚷道,不必这样啦! But humane

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

It is plain, then, that phrenologically the head of this Leviathan, in the creature's living intact state, is an entire delusion. 于是,很明白,从骨相学上说来,在大鲸活着而毫无损伤的时候,它的头就全然是一种使人迷

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Nevertheless, Leviathan is of so mighty a magnitude, all his proportions are so stately, 不过,大鲸是属于一种巍然大物的,它的身体各部都非常雄伟, that the same deficiency which in the sculptured Jove were hideous, in him i

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记