I will persist until I succeed. In the Orient young bulls are tested for the fight arena in a certain manner. Each is brought to the ring and allowed to attack a picador who pricks them with a lance. The bravery of each bull is then rated with care

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 羊皮卷

The Trumpeter Swan was almost extinct, said the game warden. 号手天鹅也快灭绝了,这个执法官说, People kept shooting them, like this crazy storekeeper. But now they are making a comeback. 因为人们不断地朝他们开枪,就像这

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 吹小号的天鹅

But Benjamin was watching the movements of the men intently. 但本杰明仍在急切地注视着那些人的活动。 The two with the hammer and the crowbar were drilling a hole near the base of the windmill. 拿着钢钎和大铁锤的两个人,正

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 动物农场 Animal Farm

[00:08.00]Why don't you try again? A little harder. 再试一下 打重点 [00:15.36]How's that? 怎么样? 哇 [00:27.52]That hurts. 好疼 [00:34.56]This will be easier than l thought. 要赶走他好像并不难 [00:37.48]I'm feeling a little naus

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-功夫熊猫

At the end of the 13th century, what was the effective range of an archer, and what was the effective range of a trebuchet. The historical reports differ.

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 中世纪攻城战

It has been more than two decades since I entered the workforce, and so much is still the same. 我参加工作已经20多年了,情况依旧没有什么改变。 It is time for us to face the fact that our revolution has stalled. 是时候面对现实

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 向前一步

他是漫威之父,也是最受欢迎的龙套演员,因为他,我们才有了如此精彩的漫威宇宙。今天的节目就来聊一聊Stan Lee的一生。 Stan Lee, Marvel Comics' Real-Life Superhero, Dies at 95 漫威之父斯坦李去世,

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

4King Nebuchadnezzar, To the peoples, nations and men of every language, who live in all the world: May you prosper greatly! 2It is my pleasure to tell you about the miraculous signs and wonders that the Most High God has performed for me. 3How great

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 但以理书

8 The Storm 风暴 As we struggled on, nearer and nearer to the sea, from which this mighty wind was blowing dead on shore, its force became more and more terrific. Long before we saw the sea, its spray was on our lips, and showered salt rain upon us

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 陈冠商英语背诵文选合集

Julianna: Ha ha! The wicked witch is dead! Hugo: What are you talking about? Julianna: Bettina is stepping down as chairperson of the committee. I thought this day would never come. Hugo: Thats a big surprise. I never thought Id live to see the day w

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

They began by analyzing the strain of farmed wheat that goes into our food and extracting its DNA. They did the same to several varieties of wild wheat. Then they compared their genetic makeup . And w

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 人、艺术、世界

Anon Ye little snails, With slippery tails, Who noiselessly travel Along this gravel, By a silvery path of slime unsightly, I learn that you visit my pea-rows nightly. Felonious your visit, I guess! And I give you this warning, That, every morning,

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 英语诗歌

AS IT IS 2013-11-16 Improving Breast Cancer Care Through Theater 通过戏剧提高人们对乳腺癌的认识 Hello again and welcome back for more As It Is. Im June Simms with Mario Ritter in Washington. Theater has been used over the years to help

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

It was a dark and stormy night. The officer on the bridge came to the captain and said, Captain, Captain, there is a light in our sea lane and they won't move. What do you mean they won't move? Tell them to move. Tell them starboard right now. The si

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

On your guard as you lurk along the sand. A paper face won't mask your fear. Unrelenting consequences for this inquisition. Venture forth and give yourself away with the scent of unfamiliarity. For razor teeth love their human silk, they long to savo

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

Insect exoskeletons also work like body armor, 昆虫的外骨骼就像保护身体的盔甲一样 protecting insects against the outside world and helping them cope with habitats that other creatures can't. 抵御外部环境的伤害,帮助它们应

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

7My son, keep my words and store up my commands within you. 2Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye. 3Bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart. 4Say to wisdom, You are my sister, and

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 箴言

1Praise the Lord . Praise the name of the Lord ; praise him, you servants of the Lord , 2you who minister in the house of the Lord , in the courts of the house of our God. 3Praise the Lord , for the Lord is good; sing praise to his name, for that is

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 诗篇

1O Lord , remember David and all the hardships he endured. 2He swore an oath to the Lord and made a vow to the Mighty One of Jacob: 3I will not enter my house or go to my bed- 4I will allow no sleep to my eyes, no slumber to my eyelids, 5till I find

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 诗篇

PSALM 24 1The earth is the Lord 's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; 2for he founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters. 3Who may ascend the hill of the Lord ? Who may stand in his holy place? 4He who has clea

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 诗篇