Meanwhile Captain Bildad sat earnestly and steadfastly eyeing Queequeg, 比勒达船长自始至终在旁边凝视着魁魁格的一举一动, and at last rising solemnly and fumbling in the huge pockets of his broad-skirted drab coat, took out a b

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

I don't know anything about Deacon Deuteronomy or his meeting, said I; all I know is, 面对比勒达咄咄逼人的嚎叫,我不慌不忙地说:我不知道什么德多罗诺米科尔曼执事。 that Queequeg here is a born member of the First

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

I told him, too, that he being in other things such an extremely sensible and sagacious savage, 我告诉他,他在别的方面都很出色, it pained me, very badly pained me, to see him now so deplorably foolish about this ridiculous Ramadan of

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

But as soon as the first glimpse of sun entered the window, up he got, with stiff and grating joints, but with a cheerful look; limped towards me where I lay; 阳光透过窗棂,射进了屋里。魁魁格动了!他挣扎着站起来,骨头节嘎

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Queequeg, said I, let's go; this fellow has broken loose from somewhere; he's talking about something and somebody we don't know. 魁魁格,走吧,这家伙一定是什么鬼地方逃出来的,颠三倒四地说些个鬼话! Stop! cried the s

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Holloa! he breathed at last, who be ye smokers? 嗨,你们,你们是谁? Shipped men, answered I, when does she sail? 水手。船什么时候开? Aye, aye, ye are going in her, be ye? She sails to-day. The Captain came aboard last night. 噢,

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Shan't see ye again very soon, I guess; unless it's before the Grand Jury. 不过,咱们再见得好长时间了,除非是在大陪审团面前 And with these cracked words he finally departed, leaving me, for the moment, in no small wonderment a

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

If I had been downright honest with myself, I would have seen very plainly in my heart that I did but half fancy being committed this way to so long a voyage, 噢,我心里多少有点忐忑了,试想一下,你就要和这条船一起扬帆入海

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Look here, friend, said I, if you have anything important to tell us, out with it; but if you are only trying to bamboozle us, 够了。请你直截了当地把你要说的话说出来吧!这么神头鬼脑地说些不着边际的话, you are mis

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

As Queequeg and I are now fairly embarked in this business of whaling; 捕鲸这个行业似乎并不大为人们所理解, and as this business of whaling has somehow come to be regarded among landsmen as a rather unpoetical and disreputable pursu

Nevertheless, not three days previous, Bildad had told them that no profane songs would be allowed on board the Pequod, particularly in getting under weigh; and Charity, his sister, had placed a small choice copy of Watts in each seaman's berth. 水手

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Aye, aye, said Stubb, the second mate, Starbuck, there, is as careful a man as you'll find anywhere in this fishery. 啊,像斯达巴克这样的细心人,在捕鲸业中可以说是屡见不鲜的。这是二副斯塔布的评论。 But we shall

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Ever since young Stiggs coming from that unfort'nt v'y'ge of his, when he was gone four years and a half, with only three barrels of ile, 自从那位可怜的小伙子斯替格死在客房里以后,唉,他出海四年半,只带回三桶鱼杂碎

Our appetites being sharpened by the frosty voyage, and in particular, 我们的食欲被寒冷的航行消耗殆尽,特别是, Queequeg seeing his favourite fishing food before him, 魁格看到他最钟爱的海味食物摆在他面前, and the cho

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

so that Queequeg in his own proper person was a riddle to unfold; a wondrous work in one volume; 因此,在魁魁格本人身上就是一个难解的谜;一大部神妙的作品; but whose mysteries not even himself could read, though his own l

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Presently a rioting noise was heard without. Starting up, the landlord cried, That's the Grampus's crew. 不多一会,就听到外边一阵喧闹声.店老板蓦地跳将起来,嚷道,那是'戟鲸号的水手。 I seed her reported in the offing thi

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

What a pity they didn't stop up the chinks and the crannies though, and thrust in a little lint here and there. 然而,可惜人们都不去塞住那些大小缝隙,却在这里那里塞着一点棉花。 But it's too late to make any improvements no

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

But I stood irresolute; when looking at a clock in the corner, he exclaimed I vum it's Sunday-you won't see that harpooneer to-night; 但是,正当我站在那里犹豫不决的时候,他望望角落里那只钟,喊了起来,我打赌,现在已交礼拜

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

The liquor soon mounted into their heads, as it generally does even with the arrantest topers newly landed from sea, and they began capering about most obstreperously. 不久,那伙人便发起酒疯来,因为刚上岸的水手,哪怕是酒量十足的

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Yes, here were a set of sea-dogs, many of whom without the slightest bashfulness had boarded great whales on the high seas-entire strangers to them-and duelled them dead without winking; 不错,这儿是一群老练的水手,其中有许多人都曾在

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记