英语听书《白鲸记》第105期
英语课
Queequeg, said I, let's go; this fellow has broken loose from somewhere; he's talking about something and somebody we don't know. 魁魁格,走吧,这家伙一定是什么鬼地方逃出来的,颠三倒四地说些个鬼话!
Stop! cried the stranger. Ye said true—ye hav'n't seen Old Thunder yet, have ye? 别走!船友,你说得不错,你还没见到老雷公吧?
Who's Old Thunder? said I, again riveted 1 with the insane earnestness of his manner. 什么老雷公? 我几乎要肯定他是个疯子了。
Captain Ahab. 亚哈船长。
What! the captain of our ship, the Pequod? 谁?亚哈船长!
Aye, among some of us old sailor chaps, he goes by that name. Ye hav'n't seen him yet, have ye? 没错了,在老水手里,人们都这么叫他。你还没见过他,是吧?
No, we hav'n't. He's sick they say, but is getting better, and will be all right again before long. 没有,听说他病了,可能快好了吧?
All right again before long! laughed the stranger, with a solemnly derisive 2 sort of laugh. 快好了!哈哈哈! 陌生人放肆地大笑起来。
Look ye; when Captain Ahab is all right, then this left arm of mine will be all right; not before. 他要是好了,我的这条左胳膊也就能好了!
What do you know about him? 你了解他?
What did they TELL you about him? Say that! 关于他,他们没跟你说些什么?
They didn't tell much of anything about him; only I've heard that he's a good whale-hunter, and a good captain to his crew. 没说什么,只说他是个好人,好船夫,捕鲸好手。
铆接( rivet的过去式和过去分词 ); 把…固定住; 吸引; 引起某人的注意
- I was absolutely riveted by her story. 我完全被她的故事吸引住了。
- My attention was riveted by a slight movement in the bushes. 我的注意力被灌木丛中的轻微晃动吸引住了。
标签:
白鲸记