I have it, I have it, cried Stubb, with delight, striking something in the subterranean regions, a purse! a purse! 我搞到了我搞到了斯塔布喜形于色地说道,同时在那底里戳一样东西,一只荷包,一只荷包! Dropping hi

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

While the Frenchman's boats, then, were engaged in towing the ship one way, 于是,在那法国船的几只小艇把船往旁边拉时, Stubb benevolently towed away at his whale the other way, ostentatiously slacking out a most unusually long to

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

The Pequod had now swept so nigh to the stranger, that Stubb vowed he recognized his cutting spade-pole entangled in the lines that were knotted round the tail of one of these whales. 裴廓德号现在已跟这艘陌生船靠得很拢,所以斯塔布

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

in more and more contracting orbits the whales in the more central circles began to swim in thickening clusters. Yes, the long calm was departing. A low advancing hum was soon heard; and then like to the tumultuous masses of block-ice when the great

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

This lucky salvation was cheaply purchased by the loss of Queequeg's hat, who, while standing in the bows to prick the fugitive whales, 这一个庆幸生还的代价真便宜,只损失了魁魁格的一顶帽子,当时,他正站在艇头戳那些

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

and while yet drawing mortal nourishment, be still spiritually feasting upon some unearthly reminiscence; 一边在吸取肉体的滋养,一边又在精神上饱享一些神秘的追怀; even so did the young of these whales seem looking up towar

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

If it be made in the unobstructed air, especially if it descend to its mark, the stroke is then simply irresistible. 如果容它自由发挥一下,尤其是在它袭击它的目的物时,那么,那种打击简直是叫人吃不消的。 No rib

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

These eyes of mine look into the very eye that is even now beholding him; 我这双眼睛在紧瞪着的那只大眼睛,甚至此刻也正在看着它呢, aye, and into the eye that is even now equally beholding the objects on the unknown, thithe

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

It was curious and not unpleasing, how Peleg and Bildad were affected at this juncture, especially Captain Bildad. 看到法勒和比勒达(特别是比勒达船长),在这当儿竟动起情感来,倒是希奇而且不是不愉快的。 For loath to

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Very dim, very dim, said Elijah. Morning to ye. 很模糊,很模糊,以利亚说。祝你们早上好。 Once more we quitted him; but once more he came softly after us; and touching my shoulder again, said, See if you can find 'em now, will ye?Find

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(214) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

It was nearly six o'clock, but only grey imperfect misty dawn, when we drew nigh the wharf. 我们走近码头的时候,已经快六点钟了,天还只蒙蒙亮。 There are some sailors running ahead there, if I see right, said I to Queequeg, it can

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

But the only thing to be considered here is this--what kind of oil is used at coronations? 但是,这里得加考虑的一件事情是...加冕时用的是哪一种油? Certainly it cannot be olive oil, nor macassar oil, nor castor oil, nor bear's oi

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Stubb was the second mate. He was a native of Cape Cod; and hence, according to local usage, was called a Cape-Cod-man. 斯塔布是二副。他是科德角人;因此,按照当地的习惯,人家都管他叫科德角佬。 A happy-go-lucky; neither c

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Some days elapsed, and ice and icebergs all astern, the Pequod now went rolling through the bright Quito spring, which at sea, almost perpetually reigns on the threshold of the eternal August of the Tropic. 过了几天,冰块和流冰都撇在后面了

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

You would almost as soon have expected him to turn out of his bunk without his nose as without his pipe. 你简直别想在他下床的时候,会先看到他的鼻子而看不到他的烟斗。 He kept a whole row of pipes there ready loaded, stuck i

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

It is chiefly with his name that I now have to do. 我现在所要做的,主要是解释它的名字。 Philologically considered, it is absurd. 从哲理上看来,这是荒唐可笑的。 Some centuries ago, when the Sperm whale was almost wholly un

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Strictly speaking, this horn is but a lengthened tusk, growing out from the jaw in a line a little depressed from the horizontal. 严格地说,这只角不过是一只打从嘴里稍微向下生出来的伸长的牙齿而已。 But it is only found o

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

OCTAVOES.These embrace the whales of middling magnitude, among which at present may be numbered: 八开型(原注:本篇所指的鲸为什么不称为四开型是很明白的。包括那些体积中等的鲸,在这里可以列举出来的,有如下几种

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Chapter 85 The Fountain 第八十五章 喷泉 That for six thousand yearsand no one knows how many millions of ages before, 六千年来谁也不知道在以前还有几百万年, the great whales should have been spouting all over the sea, and sp

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

However, Starbuck, who had the ordering of affairs, hung on to it to the last; hung on to it so resolutely, indeed, 尽管负责指挥全盘工作的斯达巴克,想坚持要干到底,想非常坚决地坚持下去, that when at length the ship

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记