【Transcript】 Sue: Buying a lady a drink is romantic. Maybe he's your Don Juan? Rose: No. He's not my type. Sue: How do you know? Rose: A guy that listens to heavy metal could never be a Don Juan. Sue: We'll see. Remember, 1) Prince Charming comes

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 世博实用听力

凯迪是怎样成为一个语言学习能手的呢,会讲那么多种语言。 Maura: Thank you so much for letting us interview you. Katie: Im actually very happy to be here so thank you. Maura: OK great. So, Katie is a friend of mine that I met

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

The Red Death had long devastated the country. No pestilence had ever been so fatal, or so hideous. Blood was its Avatar and its seal --the redness and the horror of blood. There were sharp pains, and sudden dizziness, and then profuse bleeding at th

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

This water was indeed a different thing from ordinary nourishment. 这水远不只是一种饮料, Its sweetness was born of the walk under the stars, the song of the pulley, the effort of my arms. 它是披星戴月走了许多路才找到的,是在

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 小王子

On the fifth day again, as always, it was thanks to the sheepthe secret of the little prince's life was revealed to me. 第五天,还是羊的事,把小王子的生活秘密向我揭开了。 Abruptly, without anything to lead up to it, and as if

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 小王子

On a cold January morning in 1936, George V was given a kings burial. Following his coffin was his eldest son, the handsome, much loved, Prince of Wales. He was about to be proclaimed the next king of England. He was that 1)exceptional thing: a model

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 每天一点英文

Ser Jorah is now in Pentos, anxious to earn a royal pardon that would allow him to return from exile, Robert explained. 乔拉爵士现下人在潘托斯,正焦急地等着王家特赦好渡海回国。劳勃解释, Lord Varys makes good use of h

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

This is Whats Trending Today Another royal baby has arrived. 又一位王室宝贝已经诞生。 Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, gave birth Monday to a healthy baby boy. It is the third child for her and her husband, Prince William. 剑桥公爵夫人

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

影片对白 Garfield: Aha! I so knew you weren't me. Prince: And you must be Garfield. Garfield: How do you know my name? Prince: I've lived your life for the past few days. Yes, if ever a man loved a cat, it's your Jon. Return to him, Garfield. Return

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

Cinderella sat down beside her sisters and was very good to them, giving them some of the fruit and cakes that the prince had brought her. 灰姑娘坐在她的姐姐们身旁,对她们很好,而且把王子拿给她的水果和糕点送了一些给

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材3

Try it on, fair maiden, he said. Every lady may try on the slipper. 于是,他说:试试吧,美丽的女孩。每个女士都可以试试这只鞋子。 So Cinderella sat down and put the slipper on her foot. 于是灰姑娘坐下来,穿上了鞋

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材3

Their lives were shrouded in secrecy for most of their childhood, their identities a fiercely guarded secret behind masks enforced by their paranoid father. Now, Prince, 13, Paris, 12, and Blanket, eight, have now taken the next step and are going pu

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

UNICEF is working with aid groups in Haiti to try to locate the scores of children who lost their parents in the earthquake. An informal grassroots networks in the tent cities of Port-au-Prince are a major part of the effort to find vulnerable childr

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

The lovely Princess Beatrice has stayed true to her long lost prince Bertie for many a long day. But there was a time when she was seen walking in the palace gardens with another prince! Still worse, the wicked queen was determined to hold a royal we

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

Chapter 15 - Snya finds Anatoles letter On returning late in the evening Sonya went to Natashas room, and to her surprise found her still dressed and asleep on the sofa. Open on the table, beside her lay Anatoles letter. Sonya picked it up and read i

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

Chapter 19 - Pierre at Mrya Dmtrievnas From the day his wife arrived in Moscow Pierre had been intending to go away somewhere, so as not to be near her. Soon after the Rostovs came to Moscow the effect Natasha had on him made him hasten to carry out

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

Chapter 16 Well, thats all! said Kutuzov as he signed the last of the documents, and rising heavily and smoothing out the folds in his fat white neck he moved toward the door with a more cheerful expression. The priests wife, flushing rosy red, caugh

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

Chapter 4 - The bombardment of Smolnsk Bald Hills, Prince Nikolai Bolkonskys estate, lay forty miles east from Smolensk and two miles from the main road to Moscow. The same evening that the prince gave his instructions to Alpatych, Dessalles, having

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

Chapter 5 - The retreat From Smolensk the troops continued to retreat, followed by the enemy. On the tenth of August the regiment Prince Andrey commanded was marching along the highroad past the avenue leading to Bald Hills. Heat and drought had cont

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

I only wish that some of those musicians were here with us today, 查尔斯海泽伍德:我多希望他们今天也能在这儿, so you could see at firsthand how utterly extraordinary they are. 你们就能亲眼看到他们是多么非同寻常。

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇