Once a snake who had grown weak with old age came across a pond where many frogs lived with their king, queen and little prince. The snake had not eaten for many days. He tried to catch some of the frogs, but was too weak to catch any of them. I will

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

preserve -保护,维持 pressure -压力,压迫 presumably -大概,可能 prevail-流行,胜行 previous -在先的,以前的 priest -神父,牧师 primarily -主要地,首先 prime-首要的,最好的,壮年 primitive -原始的,早期的,简单的 prince -王子 princess -公主 principal-最重要的,

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 用mp3背四级单词

[00:01.34]Whatever Love Means [00:03.01]Although neither of them remembered the occasion, [00:07.16]Diana first met her future husband when she was just a baby. [00:11.10]It happened during the winter of 1961, when twelve-year-old Charles, [00:16.46]

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 英语专业晨读美文

Prince Harry calls for return of military service 哈里王子要求恢复兵役 Britain's Prince Harry wants military service to return. This is when people spend time in the army before work or university. Many countries still have it. Harry was in

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语科技新闻

With the late winter storm bearing down on Massachusetts, one group of plucky individuals in Milton, Massachusetts, got together to help out their neighbors across the road. From PBS station WGBH, Cristina Quinn has the story. What happens when the c

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈娱乐系列

[00:03.06]Evildoers of our kingdom... - 王国里行凶作恶的人们啊 [00:05.74]we're always the losers, the bad guys. - 我们总是失败者,坏蛋 [00:10.10]Starting tonight... Is that fair? No.- 这公平吗?不 [00:10.98]I give you happi

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-邪恶新世界

The Golden Boot Once upon a time there was a little girl named Ella. She lived in a little cottage with her stepmother and her three step-sisters. They were known as Sister Attila, Sister Etta, and Sister Ina. Their dear mother was named Anna. All i

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 世界上最伟大的演讲

CINDERELLA-THE REAL STORY By Yvonne Augustin I'm sure you have all heard the story of Cinderella. You know the beautiful girl with the two mean step-sisters, and wicked step-mother. Well you already know the ending, the beautiful girl marries the han

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(218) / 评论(0) 分类 英语精美散文22篇

French Rightist Says Nazi Occupation Wasn't Brutal The French government says it is trying to determine whether veteran far-right leader Jean-Marie Le Pen broke the law by saying that the Nazi occupat

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--国政军事聚焦

影片对白 Gaq: Cinderella's back! Grand Duke: Oh, dear, they're back! Prudence: They're back! Prudence Grand Duke: They're back! Prudence: They're back! Cinderella: We're back! Prince: Welcome home. Cinderella: I still can't believe I'm going to live

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

ur beautiful, loved and blessed feel me? (i think i do) when u found me i was just a piece of clay i was 4mless, u gave me a new name with the breath of life i now live abundantly all i needed was the potter's hand and the blood on calvary (that's ri

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英文特辑精选

This is AP News Minute. The 2 frontrunners in the polls in New York ending their party's races so far have cast their ballots in today's New York primary. Hillary Clinton voted with her husband in Chappaqua, New York while Donald Trump voted at a syn

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2016(四)月

Britains Prince Harry is in Australia to open the fourth-ever Invictus Games. The international competition is for military members and veterans wounded in battle. Prince Harry, also known as the Duke of Sussex, helped start the event in 2014 after a

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Top 5 Songs for Week Ending May 14 These are the five most popular songs in the Billboard Hot 100 Pop Singles chart, for the week ending May 14, 2016. U.S. author William Faulkner once wrote, The past is not dead. Its not even past. He could have bee

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(五月)

That's a Brandon, the tall one with the dreamy face, he was Brandon the Shipwright, because he loved the sea. 那个个子很高,一副做梦模样的国王也叫布兰登,造船者布兰登,他很喜欢海洋。 His tomb is empty. He tried to

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

Last week, the newspapers and television told us about an engagement. An engagement is when two people decide to get married. We say that the couple are engaged to be married, or simply that they are engaged. The engagement which was announced last w

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

When taken, it will turn round upon the hunters, and attack them furiously, till it is brought down. 被抓住时,鸵鸟会掉头愤怒地攻击猎人,直到猎人将其杀死。 Dr. Moffat, in his book called Missionary Labours in South Africa,

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英国语文第三册

SEVEN Chapter 15 AFTER the guests had gone Kitty told her mother of her conversation with Levin, and in spite of all her pity for him she was pleased by the thought that she had had a proposal. She did not doubt that she had acted rightly, yet for a

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

Rarely has a man been more comfortable with his own greatness. 很少有人像他那样心安理得地对待自己的名气。 He spent much of his leisure time penning long and flattering portraits of himself, 他花了很多业余时间来绘制和美

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

The tall, white-haired knight seemed to shrink as he stood there, scarcely breathing. 高大的白发骑士站在原地,整个人仿佛顿时小了一圈,喘不过气来, Your Grace, he said at last. 陛下,最后他终于开口, The Kingsg

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》