VOICE ONE: I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with Explorations in VOA Special English. We continue the series about how older Americans are keeping their minds active. Today we tell about some of the adult education programs offered b

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(一)月

狂野与性感燃烧你的耳朵,拉丁情歌小天王 Prince Royce 献唱即将上映的电影《速度与激情7》原声新单《My Angel》! Within seconds you stole my attention 刹那间 你带走了我的心跳 Skin so perfect, a golden c

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 电影英文歌曲

模仿文本: But George's attempts to pass on his ideas of morality and modest living failed. Perhaps it's hardly surprising that the King's eldest son rebelled. Whereas George III was frugal to the point of stinginess, his son, the future George

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

Daniel:She wants me. 丹尼尔:她是冲着我来的。 Betty:Excuse me? 贝蒂:什么? Daniel:Well, you were there. You saw it, right? 丹尼尔:你在那的。你看见了,对吧? Betty:I didn't really pick up on it. 贝蒂:我不是很懂。

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 影视剧中的职场美语

03 Ending a Bad Date GLOSSARY from hell horrible; as bad as something can possibly be; extremely unpleasant * Ive had a day from hell: I ran out of gas in my car,I spilled my coffee on my pants, I lost my keys, and my wallet was stolen. creep an unpl

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之就医和人际交往

04 June 2014: Kilkeel, Co. Down Wed, 4 Jun 14 Duration: 7 mins In the last week of May 1918, a German U-boat lay in wait as a small fleet of fishing boats sailed out of Kilkeel harbour.

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

06 Aug 2014: Andrew's Mill, Comber Wed, 6 Aug 14 Duration: 6 mins Finest quality linen yarn from Comber in County Down covered the wooden frames of fighter planes, inspiring the assertion that the war was won on Ulster wings.

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

News Report Prince William in Chile Script What goes into a princes education today? For Britains Prince William, nature played an important role in his education this last winter, as the future king went on a 10-week expedition in Chile with Raleigh

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 3

今天要学的词是toast。Toast不就是烤面包吗?对,但是今天说的是喝酒,不是面包。日本王妃纪子生了一个男孩,全国上下一片欢腾。报纸说:Thousands of Japanese...dance and drink to toast the arrival of

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

14.Brooke Shields: Speech at Michael Jackson's Memorial Service 14.波姬. 小丝在MJ追悼会上发言 MJ's laugh was the sweetest and purest laugh of anyone's that I had ever known. 迈克尔的笑声是我听过的最甜美,最纯净的笑声。

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 历史英雄名人演讲

059 A Princess and the Green Pea A long time ago, there was a prince of a country. When he grew old enough to marry, he decided to find a princess who was going to be his queen. So he started to travel all around the world. The prince visited many co

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(224) / 评论(0) 分类 100个儿童英语小故事

070 Rapunzel Once upon a time, there lived an old couple in a village. The old couple prayed every day that they might have a baby. One day, an old woman moved into the house next door. The Old woman raised lettuce that looked very tasty and deliciou

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(314) / 评论(0) 分类 100个儿童英语小故事

Lady Diana Spencer was born in 1961. She had a normal, quiet upbringing. It could never have prepared her for the fame and glamour of being a British princess. Within a few years, she changed from being a shy teenager to the most photographed person

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

You remember the first day at school? I don't think it got quite the attention that Prince George's first day of school as perceived. Absolutely not. Well, you know, the third in line for the throne, he went to preschool on Wednesday. And this is lik

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2016年

Joffrey said nothing, but a man strange to Arya, a tall knight with black hair and burn scars on his face, pushed forward in front of the prince. 乔佛里没答腔,却有一个身躯高大,半边脸有着明显灼烧痕迹的黑发男子推开旁边

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

Right now, a plan is underway in Saudi Arabia to make sure that there is a prayer service that happens on Tuesday. This will happen at a mosque in Riyadh. Mourners from across the country will be able to attend to pray for the late Crown Prince. This

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2011年

AS IT IS 2016-10-14 Thailands Long Serving King Dies 全球在位时间最长的君主泰国国王逝世 King Bhumibol died Thursday in Bangkok. He was 88 years old. In recent years, the king suffered from a series of age-related health problems that

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十)月

United Nations aid agencies report they are making progress in getting crucial relief to hundreds of thousands of survivors of Haiti's devastating earthquake. The agencies say they are increasing efforts to try to reach people in areas outside the ca

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

This is AP News Minute. In Minnesota, family and friends gathered for the funeral of Philando Castile. A horse-drawn procession ended at the Cathedral of St. Paul. The 32-year-old was fatally shot by a police officer last week during a traffic stop.

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2016(七)月

This is AP News Minute. The governors of New York and New Jersey say it's too soon to know whether a safety system, known as Positve Train Control, would have helped prevent Thursday's crash in Hoboken. The system is designed to automatically slow or

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2016(十)月