时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:影视剧中的职场美语


英语课

  Daniel:She wants me.

丹尼尔:她是冲着我来的。

Betty:Excuse me?

贝蒂:什么?

Daniel:Well, you were there. You saw it, right?

丹尼尔:你在那的。你看见了,对吧?

Betty:I didn't really pick up on it.

贝蒂:我不是很懂。

Daniel:Come on. Sexaholics? That was clearly a jab at me.

丹尼尔:性爱狂?那分明就是针对我。

She gave you the article because she knew I'd see it.

她把文章给你因为她知道我会看的。

Betty:Daniel, you think maybe you're reading just a little bit too much into this?

贝蒂:丹尼尔,你不觉得你有点太代入角色了吗?

Daniel:No, no, no, no, no. Trust me. I know women.

丹尼尔:不,不,不。相信我。我了解女人。

She's playing games.

她在耍花招。

But you know what?

但是你知道吗?

It's fine. I'll just play games right back.

没关系。我打算奉陪到底。

Betty:Daniel do you actually have something for me to do?

贝蒂:丹尼尔,你真的有事让我做吗?

Daniel:Yeah. I, I need you to pick up my dry cleaning.

丹尼尔:有,我,我想让你去帮我把干洗的衣服拿回来。

I need you to buy me a new sliding plastic thingy for under my chair.

再去帮我的椅子买一个新的塑料的圆圆的东东。

That one's worn 1 out.

那个已经磨坏了。

Betty:"Sliding plastic thingy".

贝蒂:“塑料的圆圆的东东”。

Coming right up.

马上就来。

Daniel:Betty! I'll tell you what.

丹尼尔:贝蒂!我告诉你。

I do have something more important for you.

其实我还有更重要的事要给你做。

You know I need a writer for that hotel review.

我需要一个作者给我些那篇酒店的评论。

Why don't you do it?

要不你写吧?

Betty:What? What, I can write the review?

贝蒂:什么?我能写评论?

Shut up. Really?

不会吧。真的?

Daniel:Yeah, it'll be fun. The hotel is 50 Prince in Shoo.

丹尼尔:没错,会很有趣的。酒店式在Soho 区的50 Prince。

You can just change the reservation 2 to your name, if you want.

你可以把预留房间的名字改成你的,如果你想的话。



1 worn
adj.用旧的,疲倦的;vbl.wear的过去分词
  • The child's trousers have worn through at the knees.孩子裤子的膝盖处磨破了。
  • My shoes are worn out.我的鞋子穿坏了。
2 reservation
n.保留条件,限制条件;预订座位
  • The instruction should be carried out without any reservation.应当不折不扣地执行这个指示。
  • I accept your statement without reservation.我完全相信你的话。
标签: 职场美语 口语