影视剧中的职场美语 第13期:意外情况
时间:2019-02-26 作者:英语课 分类:影视剧中的职场美语
英语课
Marc:Betty Suarez?
Betty Suarez?
Betty:Hi. That's me. Um, I have a hard copy of my resume if you need it. Should I follow you?
嗨! 我就是。如果你需要的话,我还有一份简历打印件。我应该跟你走吗?
Marc:Actually... there's been a mistake.
事实上……出了点儿差错。
Betty:A mistake?
差错?
Marc:All the entry-level positions we were hiring for... they've been filled. I'm sorry.
我们要招聘的最低级别职位...都已经招满了。抱歉。
Betty:Um, sir? While you got me here, I thought I could tell you a little about myself.
先生?既然让我来了,我想我还是该介绍一下自己。
And I can'timagine a more amazing place to start my career than Meade Publications.
我从小就醉心于杂志。我想象不到还有什么更好的地方。比Meade出版社更适合我开展事业了。
I know most of yourmagazines inside out. I try to devour as much as I can.
我对你们大部分杂志都了如指掌。能看的我都看过了。
Marc:Clearly.
知道了。
Betty:Also, I've learned so much through them. You know, stuff so beyond my world,like…likewho the up-and-comers are on the London art scene, or…And I have tons of ideas.
我通过他们学到了很多东西,和我的世界截然你不同的东西。比如谁是伦敦艺术展的新星。我也有不记其数的新点子。
I'm alwaysjotting stuff down on the subway.
我总是在坐地铁的时候做笔记,
But I'm getting ahead of myself, sir. All I really want is achance...
我就要超越我自己了,先生。我只想要一个机会...
Marc:Good-bye!
再见!
Betty:In any position or publication…I can type 100 words a minute!
能得到出版社的一个职位我一分钟能打100个字!
标签:
职场美语