This is the VOA Special English Education Report. An old problem is getting new attention in the United States: bullying. Recent cases included the tragic case of a fifteen-year-old girl whose family moved from Ireland. Phoebe Prince hanged herself i

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(四)月

With Haiti still in a state of emergency after last week's terrible earthquake, many residents of Port-au-Prince are leaving the city, trying to get out any way they can. The exodus from Port-au-Prince has begun. With food and water scarce, thousands

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates flew out of Bahrain Saturday afternoon after meeting with the king and crown prince about political reforms, and just ahead of another demonstration in Manama. There was a large protest on Friday in Manama and on S

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

A story about Bertie the Frog Bertie looked longingly at the lovely Princess Beatrice, remembering how he used to stroll with her down to the edge of the pond, and how she would always bring some bread for the Sadie the beautiful black swan and for a

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

Happy 12 everyone ! We are starting 2012 with a Bertie story this week, and a Katie story next and look out for the final chapters of the Wizard of Oz and a spectacular Greek Myth. Just in case you are new to Bertie and his stories let us explain the

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(319) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

Sadie is a beautiful black swan who lives on the pond with Prince Bertie the Frog. She finds a crown and puts it on her elegant head. Prince Boris sees her, and believes that she is a princess who has been turned into a swan in the same way that Prin

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

Chapter 14 - Natsha receives two letters Morning came with its cares and bustle. Everyone got up and began to move about and talk, dressmakers came again. Marya Dmitrievna appeared, and they were called to breakfast. Natasha kept looking uneasily at

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

Chapter 25 - Prince Andrey's opinions on war. The spirit of the army The officers were about to take leave, but Prince Andrey, apparently reluctant to be left alone with his friend, asked them to stay and have tea. Seats were brought in and so was th

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

哪里有问题? 小宝听妈妈说床边故事,听到后来睡着了,第二天他跑去问妈妈:「公主后来有找到王子吗?」 Did the princess find her prince at last? 这个句子讲错了。但你知道毛病出在哪里吗? 答

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

G: Seems you're a hero. M: Hard to believe, isn't it? G: No. I knew from the moment I met you. You saved my life, remember? M: But... That was magic. G: And now it seems we've finally found a use for it. M: What do you mean? G: I saw how you saved Ar

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

今天要学的词是toast,t-o-a-s-t,toast不就是烤面包吗,对啦,但是今天说的是喝酒,不是面包。cheers日本王妃生了一个男孩,全国上下一片欢腾,报纸说Thousands of Japanese dance and drink to toast the ar

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

I know the part of the handsome prince. And I know it by heart! 我知道英俊王子的部分,而且我已经牢记于心了。 Really, Dexter? said Miss Moon. 真的吗,德克斯特?月亮老师说。 The night of the play everyone was excite

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 小狐外传

There was a loud crack as the wood split against the back of the prince's head, and then everything happened at once before Sansa's horrified eyes. 朝王子后脑狠狠一敲,只听喀啦一声,棍子应声开裂。 Joffrey staggered and whirled

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

New Zealand PM sends nation's congratulations on pregnancy to royal couple

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Candlelight vigils for victims of the devastating earthquake in Haiti have been taking place in the United States. In Washington, a crowd gathered at the Haiti's Embassy Wednesday night to offer prayers and appeal for international support. Haiti's E

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

Chapter 32 Seven days had passed since Prince Andrey found himself in the ambulance station on the field of Borodino. His feverish state and the inflammation of his bowels, which were injured, were in the doctors opinion sure to carry him off. But on

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

So how did scientists confirm that it was hemophilia that plagued the royals? By analyzing the DNA of Victorias great grandson, Prince Alexei Romanov. He was murdered along with his entire family during the onset of the Russian Revolution in 1918. Us

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Parents must register the name of their baby before the child is 2 months old. Each year, we learn the most popular names for girls and boys. Last year the most popular girls name was Ruby. This is quite an old name, popular in the time of our grand-

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

It was an exactly quiet little wedding--- 800 guests at Royal Palace and seemingly the world supply of red carpet. Prince Albert of Monaco and his bride Charlene Wittstock came to the palace of Monte Carlo for their marriage blessing, the South Afric

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

Septa Mordane spoke up. Princess Myrcella will be there, my lord, and her younger than Lady Sansa. 茉丹修女开口:老爷,届时弥赛 公主也会出席,而她年纪比珊莎小姐还小。 All the ladies of the court will be expected at a

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》