As untold numbers lay dead and or buried in the rubble of Haiti's worst earthquake ever, the impoverished nation is calling on the world to help. It was a nation already vulnerable, the poorest in the Western hemisphere, with a history of lax constru

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

He never turns down a challenge, and Prince Harry looked to be in fine form as he took part in an event with England Rugbys All Schools Program in Manchester on Monday (October 20). 哈里王子从不拒绝挑战。当地时间周一(10月20号),

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A 2,000-strong unit of U.S. Marines began moving ashore west of Port-au-Prince at dawn on Tuesday to help deliver relief to victims of last week's earthquake. Some U.S. troops landed by helicopter at the presidential palace, where crowds of Haitians

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

TheOnceandFutureQueeArthur怀疑自己所获得的胜利都是虚假的,仅仅因为他是Prince,所以和Merlin乔装了身份去参加JoustingTournament。Arthur为了不被人发觉,在Merlin的安排下偷偷住进Guinevere的小屋,试图以

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 梅林传奇第二季

Are the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge fighting over rumors of Kate Middleton pregnant, again? 剑桥公爵夫妇又要忙着澄清怀孕传言了? Trouble may be brewing in paradise for the worlds most talked about royal couple. After the birth of

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

International aid agencies report emergency operations for earthquake victims in Haiti are slowly gathering steam. But, they say they are working under severe constraints and it will take time before essential, critical needs are met. The United Nati

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

WASHINGTON - US President Barack Obama on Monday extended his congratulations to British Prince William and his wife Kate for the birth of their first child. (First lady) Michelle and I are so pleased to congratulate the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

图片1 More than 1,000 soldiers took part in the annual Trooping the Colour ceremony to mark the Queen's official birthday. Thousands of spectators also watched the annual meticulous display of army drill, music and horsemanship. The Queen and Duke

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

My oh my, do you wanna say goodbye - to half a kingdom Baby tell me why 告诉我你为什么要离开,为什么要离开,离开半壁江山 My oh my, do you wanna say goodbye - to rule a country Baby you and I 为什么要离开,为什么不在我

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Carly Rae Jepsen是一位来自加拿大的女歌手,生于1985年11月20日。Carly Rae Jepsen有自己独有的风格,有自己味道,专辑中的歌曲非常的顺畅,都带着该歌手那种女孩的爱情世界观,显示出Carly Rae Je

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英乐时空

The Queen is in line for a 6.5% payrise and could net a cool ?45.6 million from the taxpayer next year if the way she is funded stays the same. 英国女王可能将加薪6.5%。如果拨款方案不变,明年她将从纳税人手中获得4560万英镑

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

IT was a hot afternoon, and the railway carriage was correspondingly sultry, and the next stop was at Templecombe, nearly an hour ahead. The occupants of the carriage were a small girl, and a smaller girl, and a small boy. An aunt belonging to the ch

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

英国伦敦杜莎夫人蜡像馆近日展示了威廉夫妇翻新的蜡像。这对王室夫妇的蜡像在落成两年之后,又重新打扮一番,换上了漂亮的新装。 凯特蜡像上的衣服由两年前宣布订婚时穿的宝蓝色裙子

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

英国威廉王子与凯特王妃24日带着儿子乔治和女儿夏洛特来到加拿大访问,加总理贾斯廷特鲁多在机场亲自迎接。令特鲁多始料未及的是,或许是因为时差原因,3岁的乔治小王子在特鲁多面前

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The excitement of a visit from Father Christmas is all-consuming for every toddler... even one whos third in line to the Throne. 每一个幼童都会为圣诞老人的到访兴奋不已即使是第三顺位的英国王位继承人也不例外。 Geo

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The media have gathered outside the hospital. 媒体们早已守候在医院门前。 The baby - who is fourth in line to the throne - was safely delivered at 08:34 BST, Kensington palace said in a statement. 英国夏令时8时34分(约合北京时间

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

There was once a Prince who wished to marry a Princess;but then she must be a real Princess. He travelled all over the world in hopes of finding such a lady;but there was always something wrong. Princesses he found in plenty; but whether they wer

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

莱妮露(Lainey Lou)是一名美国歌手,住在华盛顿中的一个小镇,除了是一名歌手外,她还是一名作曲人。她是一名多才多艺的简单得复杂得独立音乐制作创作型歌手,音乐风格与元素也十分丰

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英乐时空

讲解: Today's key word is Freshmeat. Freshmeat 小鲜肉 看见自家男神,应该用什么词来形容呢? 什么样的形容才能配的上小鲜肉,fresh meat 呢? 一起Get起来,妹纸们请备好纸巾擦口水~ Mr. Muscle 肌肉男

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语悠选脱口秀

Turing again to the Prince, he added, Young man, you will one day be King. 转向王子,法官又补充道:年轻人,有一天你会成为国王, How can you expect your subjects to obey you then, if you yourself thus disobey the King's laws

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英国语文第三册