Todd: OK, Charlotte. You've been a teacher for quite a while. Charlotte: Yeah, I started about three years ago, and my first job was in Jessif, in the east of Poland. I was promised that I wasn't going to have to teach any beginners, or any little ch

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Charlotte, said Wilbur. 夏洛,威尔伯说, We're all going home today. The Fair is almost over. 我们今天都要回家了。这集市差不多结束了。 Won't it be wonderful to be back home in the barn cellar again with the sheep and the g

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

CHAPTER 21Last Day 第二十一章 最后一天 Charlotte and Wilbur were alone. 夏洛和威尔伯单独待着。 The families had gone to look for Fern. 那两家人去找弗恩了。 Templeton was asleep. 坦普尔顿在睡大觉。 Wilbur lay res

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Tell me another story! begged Wilbur. 再给我讲一个故事吧!威尔伯求它。 So Charlotte told him about another cousin of hers 于是夏洛给它讲另一个堂姐的故事, who was an aeronaut. 这堂姐是只飞天蜘蛛。 What is an

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

How much did the fish weigh? asked Wilbur eagerly. 那条鱼有多重?威尔伯问道。 I don't know, said Charlotte. There was my cousin, 不知道,夏洛说,再回过来说我堂姐, slipping in, dodging out, 它滑进滑出, beaten merc

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

So Charlotte, although she, too, was tired, did what Wilbur wanted. 于是,尽管夏洛也很累,它还是做威尔伯要它做的事。 Once upon a time, she began, 从前,它讲起来, I had a beautiful cousin 我有一个堂姐, who mana

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

The rat looked disgusted. 老鼠似乎很厌烦。 But he sneaked away to the dump and was back in a while with a strip of cotton cloth. 不过它还是溜回到垃圾场去了。过了一会儿,叼着一块布条回来。 How's this? he asked. 这个

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Then the oldest sheep spoke up. 接着最老的那只羊发言了: I agree that there should be something new written in the web if Wilbur's life is to be saved. 要救威尔伯的命,我赞成在网上要有新花样。 And if Charlotte needs he

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Chapter 13 Good Progress 第十三章 进展顺利 Far into the night, while the other creatures slept, Charlotte worked on her web. 深夜,当其他动物睡觉时,夏洛还在它的网上干活。 First she ripped out a few of the orb lines nea

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Now that the broken egg was buried, the air cleared and the barn smelled good again. 现在破蛋已经埋掉,臭气没有了,谷仓的气味又好起来。 The afternoon passed, and evening came. Shadows lengthened. 下午过去,傍晚来临。影

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

And Lurvy dragged Wilbur's trough across the yard and kicked some dirt into the rat's nest, 勒维把威尔伯的食槽拖过猪栏,踢了点土到老鼠洞里, burying the broken egg and all Templeton's other possessions. Then he picked up the p

Wilbur walked into his yard just at that moment. What are you thinking about, Charlotte? he asked. 就在这节骨眼上,威尔伯走进它的猪栏。你在想什么啊,夏洛?它问道。 I was just thinking, said the spider, that people are

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Well, replied Charlotte, you must try to build yourself up. 好的,夏洛回答说,你必须尽力打起精神来。 I want you to get plenty of sleep, and stop worrying. 我要你睡得足足的,不要担心。 Never hurry and never worry! Che

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

That's wonderful, said Wilbur. How is the plan coming, Charlotte? 那太好了,威尔伯说,盘算得怎样啦,夏洛? Have you got very far with it? Is it coming along pretty well? 盘算得差不多了吗?盘算得顺利吗? Wilbur was

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Charlotte? said Mrs. Arable. Who's Charlotte? 夏洛?阿拉布尔太太说,夏洛是谁? She's Wilbur's best friend. She's terribly clever. 是威尔伯最好的朋友。它聪明极了。 What does she look like? asked Mrs. Arable. 她是什么样

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Wilbur hesitated a moment, then jumped out into the air. 威尔伯犹豫了一下,接着悬空往下跳。 He glanced hastily behind to see if a piece of rope was following him to check his fall, 它赶快往身后瞧,看后面是不是有根绳子

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Stop! screamed Wilbur. 别说了!威尔伯尖叫, I don't want to die! Save me, somebody! Save me! 我不要死!救救我,你们哪一位!救救我! Fern was just about to jump up when a voice was heard. 弗恩正要跳起来,听见了一

It was on a day in early summer that the goose eggs hatched. 在初夏的一天,那些鹅蛋终于孵出小鹅来了。 This was an important event in the barn cellar. 在仓底这儿,这可是一件大事。 Fern was there, sitting on her stool,

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

The Princess of Cambridge has finally been revealed to the world as Charlotte Elizabeth Diana - in a touching nod to her grandfather, her grandmother and her great-grandmother. 剑桥公主终于对外宣布她取名为夏洛特伊丽莎白戴安娜名

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

All winter Wilbur watched over Charlotte's egg sac as though he were guarding his own children. 整个冬天,威尔伯一直盯住夏洛的卵袋看,像是护卫它自己的孩子。 He had scooped out a special place in the manure for the sac, n

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网