And this is For The Record. (SOUNDBITE OF ARCHIVED RECORDING) DONALD TRUMP: We're going to stop it, and we're going to build a wall. We're going to also... (CHEERING AND APPLAUSE) TRUMP: We can't have this, folks. We don't have a country anymore. You

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Charlotte stopped. 夏洛停了下来。 A moment later a tear came to Wilbur's eye. 过了一会儿,威尔伯的眼睛里涌出了泪水。 Oh, Charlotte, he said. To think that when I first met you I thought you were cruel and bloodthirsty! 噢,夏

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

She talked kindly to us and gave us fruit and cakes that the prince himself had given to her. It was very wonderful. 她很友好地跟我们交谈。还把王子亲自给她的水果和糕点给了我们。真是荣幸极了。 Cinderella asked them

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材3

undefined undefined Why don't you come with me to the Fair Grounds and lay your eggs there? pleaded Wilbur. 你为什么不和我一起到集市,在那里产你的卵呢?威尔伯恳求着它, undefined undefined It would be wonderful fun. 那会

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Charlotte had worries of her own, 夏洛也有它自己担心的事, but she kept quiet about them. 不过它闭口不言。 One morning Wilbur asked her about the Fair. 一天早晨,威尔伯问它集市的事。 You're going with me, aren't you

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Fern! snapped her mother. 弗恩!妈妈厉声叫住她, Stop it! Stop inventing these wild tales! 住口!别胡编这些鬼话了! I'm not inventing, said Fern. 我没胡编,弗恩说, I'm just telling you the facts. 我只是告诉你一件

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

The rat entered the barn the way he always did 老鼠进谷仓照它的老样子走 - creeping along close to the wall. 贴着墙边爬。 What's up? he asked, seeing the animals assembled. 什么事?看到所有的动物聚在一起,它问道。

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Charlotte climbed to a point at the top of the left hand side of the web. 夏洛爬上网顶左边。 Swinging her spinnerets into position, she attached her thread and then dropped down. 它把它的吐丝器晃到位,伴着丝往下送。 As she

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Maybe you're right, he said gruffly. 你的话也许对,它粗声说, I'm making a trip to the dump tomorrow afternoon. 明天下午我上垃圾场去一趟。 I'll bring back a magazine clipping if I can find one. 要是能找到杂志,我啃点

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

On Sunday the church was full. The minister explained the miracle. 星期日教堂坐满了人。牧师向大家解释那个奇迹。 He said that the words on the spider's web proved that human beings must always be on the watch for the coming of wo

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Later on that morning, the animals came up from the pasture - the sheep, the lambs, the gander, the goose, and the seven goslings. 这个上午后半晌,牲口从牧场回来了大羊小羊、公鹅母鹅和七只小鹅。 There were many complaint

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Avery put one leg over the fence of the pigpen. He was just about to raise his stick to hit Charlotte when he lost his balance. 艾弗里单腿站在猪栏的围栏上。他正要举起树枝去打夏洛,一下子没站稳, He swayed and toppled

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Charlotte? he said. Yes, Wilbur? 夏洛,你能听到我说话吗?它问道。是的,威尔伯,什么事? May I go out to my trough and see if I left any of my supper? 我可不可以到外面食槽去,看看我是不是还留下一点晚饭

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Charlotte? he said. Yes? said the spider. 夏洛?它又说。什么事?蜘蛛问它。 Were you serious when you promised you would keep them from killing me? 你答应过不让他们来杀我,你这话是当真吗? I was never more serious i

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Charlotte? he said, softly. Yes, Wilbur? I don't want to die. 夏洛?它轻轻地说。什么事啊,威尔伯?我不要死。 Of course you don't, said Charlotte in a comforting voice. 你当然不要。夏洛安慰它说。 I just love it here

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Well, said Charlotte, you and I lead different lives. 这个嘛,夏洛说,你和我过的生活不同。 You don't have to spin a web. That takes real leg work. 你用不着结网。结网是真正的腿上功夫。 I could spin a web if I tried,

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

My legs are hairy for a good reason, replied Charlotte. 我的腿毛茸茸是有道理的,夏洛回答说, Furthermore, each leg of mine has seven sections, the coxa, the trochanter, 而且我的每条腿有七个节,基节、转节、 the femu

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Wilbur crouched low, with his thin, curly tail toward the rat. 威尔伯蹲低身子,让它那条细细的弯尾巴对着老鼠。 Templeton seized the string, passed it around the end of the pig's tail, and tied two half hitches. 坦普尔顿抓住绳

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

A fly that had been crawling along Wilbur's trough had flown up 一只苍蝇本来在威尔伯的食物槽上爬,这会儿飞起来, and blundered into the lower part of Charlotte's web and was tangled in the sticky threads. 撞到夏洛那个网的

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Authorities in North Carolina have declared a state of emergency and called in the National Guard after protests over a deadly police shooting turned violent for a second night. 北卡罗来纳州政府宣布进入紧急状态,并请求国民警卫队

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻