时间:2019-01-29 作者:英语课 分类:夏洛的网


英语课

   "Maybe you're right," he said gruffly. “你的话也许对,”它粗声说,


  "I'm making a trip to the dump tomorrow afternoon. “明天下午我上垃圾场去一趟。
  I'll bring back a magazine clipping if I can find one." 要是能找到杂志,我啃点纸片带回来。”
  "Thanks," said Charlotte. “谢谢你,”夏洛说,
  "The meeting is now adjourned 1. “现在散会。
  I have a busy evening ahead of me. 我要忙一个晚上了。
  I've got to tear my web apart and write 'Terrific'." 我得把网拆散。织上‘了不起’几个字。”
  Wilbur blushed. 威尔伯脸都红了。
  "But I'm not terrific, Charlotte. I'm just about average for a pig." “可我并不了不起,夏洛。我只是普普通通一只猪。”
  "You're terrific as far as I'm concerned," replied Charlotte, sweetly, “可我觉得你很了不起,”夏洛甜甜地回答说,
  "and that's what counts. “这就行了。
  You're my best friend, 你是我最好的朋友,
  and I think you're sensational 2. 我觉得你了不起。
  Now stop arguing and go get some sleep!" 现在别争了,去睡你的觉吧!”

(使)休会, (使)休庭( adjourn的过去式和过去分词 )
  • The court adjourned for lunch. 午餐时间法庭休庭。
  • The trial was adjourned following the presentation of new evidence to the court. 新证据呈到庭上后,审讯就宣告暂停。
adj.使人感动的,非常好的,轰动的,耸人听闻的
  • Papers of this kind are full of sensational news reports.这类报纸满是耸人听闻的新闻报道。
  • Their performance was sensational.他们的演出妙极了。
标签: 夏洛的网