夏洛的网 第96期:威尔伯说大话(17)
英语课
"Charlotte?" he said. "Yes, Wilbur?"
“夏洛,你能听到我说话吗?”它问道。“是的,威尔伯,什么事?”
"May I go out to my trough and see if I left any of my supper?
“我可不可以到外面食槽去,看看我是不是还留下一点晚饭?
I think I left just a tiny bit of mashed 1 potato."
我想我还留下了一点儿土豆泥。”
"Very well," said Charlotte. "But I want you in bed again without delay."
“很好,”夏洛说,“不过我要你马上回来睡觉。”
Wilbur started to race out to his yard.
威尔伯赶紧起来,跑着上外面它的猪栏去。
"Slowly, slowly!" said Charlotte. "Never hurry and never worry!"
“跑慢点,跑慢点!”夏洛说,“永远不要急急忙忙,永远不要担心!”
Wilbur checked himself and crept 2 slowly to his trough.
威尔伯停了下来,然后慢慢走到它的食槽那里。
He found a bit of potato, chewed it carefully, swallowed it, and walked back to bed.
它找到一点土豆,小心地嚼烂,吞下去,又走回来睡觉。
He closed his eyes and was silent for a while.
它闭上眼睛,沉默了一会儿。
a.捣烂的
- two scoops of mashed potato 两勺土豆泥
- Just one scoop of mashed potato for me, please. 请给我盛一勺土豆泥。
标签:
夏洛的网