夏洛的网 第124期:会议(5)
英语课
Then the oldest sheep spoke 1 up. 接着最老的那只羊发言了:
"I agree that there should be something new written in the web if Wilbur's life is to be saved. “要救威尔伯的命,我赞成在网上要有新花样。
And if Charlotte needs help in finding words, I think she can get it from our friend Templeton. 如果夏洛找新字眼需要帮忙,我想从我们的朋友坦普尔顿那里可以找到。
The rat visits the dump regularly and has access to old magazines. 这老鼠经常去垃圾场,有机会接触到旧杂志。
He can tear out bits of advertisements and bring them up here to the barn cellar, 它可以啃下一点广告,叼到仓底这儿来,
that Charlotte can have something to copy." 夏洛就有点什么字眼可以抄抄了。”
"Good idea," said Charlotte. “好主意,”夏洛说,
"But I'm not sure Templeton will be willing to help. “不过我说不准坦普尔顿肯不肯帮忙。
You know how he is - always looking out for himself, never thinking of the other fellow." 你们知道它是怎么个家伙……它一向只顾自己,从来不想别人。”
"I bet I can get him to help," said the old sheep. “我打赌我能让它帮忙,”老羊说,
"I'll appeal to his baser instincts, of which he has plenty. “我会引诱它卑劣的本能,这种卑劣的本能,它多的是。
Here he comes now. 瞧它来了。
Everybody keep quiet while I put the matter up to him!" 我跟它说话时,大家不要响。”
标签:
夏洛的网