夏洛的网 第138期:进展顺利(11)
英语课
The rat looked disgusted. 老鼠似乎很厌烦。
But he sneaked 1 away to the dump and was back in a while with a strip of cotton cloth. 不过它还是溜回到垃圾场去了。过了一会儿,叼着一块布条回来。
"How's this?" he asked. “这个怎么样?”它说,
"It's a label off an old shirt." “是从一件旧衬衫上咬下来的标签。”
Charlotte examined the label. 夏洛把那标签仔细看了看。
It said PRESHRUNK. 上面写着:防缩。
"I'm sorry, Templeton," she said, "but 'Pre-shrunk' is out of the question. “很抱歉,坦普尔顿,”它说,“‘防缩’根本不能用。
We want Zuckerman to think Wilbur is nicely filled out, not all shrunk up. 我们要朱克曼先生想的是威尔伯好好长大而不是缩小。
I'll have to ask you to try again." 我只好求你再去找找。”
"What do you think I am, a messenger boy?" grumbled 2 the rat. “你把我当什么了,一个差来谴去的听差吗?”老鼠抱怨说,
"I'm not going to spend all my time chasing down to the dump after advertising 3 material." “我可不要把我的时间花到跑垃圾场找广告上面去。”
"Just once more - please!" said Charlotte. 就再去一次吧……谢谢你!”夏洛说。
v.潜行( sneak的过去式和过去分词 );偷偷溜走;(儿童向成人)打小报告;告状
- I sneaked up the stairs. 我蹑手蹑脚地上了楼。
- She sneaked a surreptitious glance at her watch. 她偷偷看了一眼手表。
抱怨( grumble的过去式和过去分词 ); 发牢骚; 咕哝; 发哼声
- He grumbled at the low pay offered to him. 他抱怨给他的工资低。
- The heat was sweltering, and the men grumbled fiercely over their work. 天热得让人发昏,水手们边干活边发着牢骚。
n.广告业;广告活动 a.广告的;广告业务的
- Can you give me any advice on getting into advertising? 你能指点我如何涉足广告业吗?
- The advertising campaign is aimed primarily at young people. 这个广告宣传运动主要是针对年轻人的。
标签:
夏洛的网