As with all sinners among men, the sin of this son of Amittai was in his wilful disobedience of the command of God-never mind now what that command was, or how conveyed-which he found a hard command. 跟人类一切犯罪者一样,这个亚米太的儿

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

To trail the genealogies of these high mortal miseries, carries us at last among the sourceless primogenitures of the gods; 要追溯这种无穷无尽的不幸的渊源,最后就会使我们走进那无源无主的神鬼阵里去, so that, in th

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Chapter 97 The Lamp 第九十七章 灯 Had you descended from the Pequod's try-works to the Pequod's forecastle, where the off duty watch were sleeping, for one single moment you would have almost thought you were standing in some illuminated shrine

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Convulsively my hands grasped the tiller, but with the crazy conceit that the tiller was, somehow, in some enchanted way, inverted. My God! what is the matter with me? I thought. Lo! in my brief sleep I had turned myself about, and was fronting the s

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Any way, for the present, I'll quit Pip's vicinity. 总之,我暂时还是跟比普隔得远些好。 I can stand the rest, for they have plain wits; but he's too crazy-witty for my sanity. 其他的人我还受得了,因为他们都有清楚的神

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

No, I don't, said the captain, but his mother did; he was born with it. 不,我没数,那个船长说,不过,他母亲准有数;他生下来就有这个洞洞。 Oh, you solemn rogue, youyou Bunger! was there ever such another Bunger in the

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

And he took that arm off, did he? asked Ahab, now sliding down from the capstan, and resting on the Englishman's shoulder, as he did so. 那么,它把这只手臂膀给搞掉了,是么?亚哈问道,这时,他搭着那英国人的肩膀,从绞

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

In both cases, the stranded whales to which these two skeletons belonged, were originally claimed by their proprietors upon similar grounds. 这两只搁浅了的鲸骷髅,本来就是出自同一个理由而成它们的物主的所有物的。 Kin

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

There now came a lull in his look, as he silently turned over the leaves of the Book once more; 这时,他的脸色平静下来了,他再次悄悄翻着《圣经》; and, at last, standing motionless, with closed eyes, for the moment, seemed communin

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

And now the time of tide has come; the ship casts off her cables; and from the deserted wharf the uncheered ship for Tarshish, all careening, glides to sea. 现在,潮水上来了;船一解缆,这只不愉快的船就离开那冷落无人的码头,船身

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

The poor fellow whom Queequeg had handled so roughly, was swept overboard; 可怜那个吃了魁魁格的苦头的小子已给刮到海里去了; all hands were in a panic; and to attempt snatching at the boom to stay it, seemed madness. 大家都象发

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

In short, like many inland reapers and mowers, who go into the farmer's meadows armed with their own scythes 总之,正象许多割草者和割稻者一样,他们总是随带自己的镰刀上农民的草场去干活的... though in no wise obliged t

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Scorning a turnstile wheel at her reverend helm, she sported there a tiller; 它不屑在受人尊敬的船舵上装只旋轮,却开玩笑似地装上一只舵柄; and that tiller was in one mass, curiously carved from the long narrow lower jaw of he

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Because it's dangerous, says she. 因为这是很危险的,她说。 Ever since young Stiggs coming from that unfort'nt v'y'ge of his, when he was gone four years and a half, with only three barrels of ile, 打那回,打那个叫做斯梯格的小伙子

Perhaps I was over sensitive to such impressions at the time, but I could not help staring at this gallows with a vague misgiving. 我当时这种想法也许是过于敏感些,可是,我仍不禁心神微感不安地瞪眼望着这只绞架。 A sor

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

I say, Queequeg! why don't you speak? It's I-Ishmael. But all remained still as before. 喂,魁魁格,你为什么不说话?是我呀...以实玛利。但是,还是跟刚才一样,毫无声响。 I began to grow alarmed. I had allowed him such abunda

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

As Queequeg's Ramadan, or Fasting and Humiliation, was to continue all day, I did not choose to disturb him till towards night-fall; 因为魁魁格的斋戒,或是断食。禁欲得做一整天,所以非到傍晚时分,我不想去打扰他; for I c

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

It's an all-fired outrage to tell any human creature that he's bound to hell. Flukes and flames! 这真是一种恶毒的侮辱,随便骂人该入地狱。该死的东西! Bildad, say that again to me, and start my soulbolts, but I'll-I'll-yes, I'll

Seven hundred and seventy-seventh, again said Bildad, without lifting his eyes; 七百七十七分之一,比勒达眼也不抬地说过后,又继续喃喃下去。 and then went on mumbling--for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. 因

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

No, said Peleg, and he hasn't been baptized right either, or it would have washed some of that devil's blue off his face. 不,法勒说,他还没有正式受过洗呢,不然的话,他脸上该不会显得这么毫无神气吧(指魁魁格做了一天一

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记