二十六、救济(Remedy) 1.If the contract is null and void,the remedy is to rescind and to put the parties in the position in which they were prior to the attempted agreement. 2.If the statute of limitations has run,the plaintiff is without re

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语基础听说900句

Dialog 2 In this dialog, Peter,the non-dealer, is talking with Paula. He remained firm. Peter needs the deal as much as Paula and after several hours of stalled talks, he sees Paula won't give any more,so he makes a counter offer. 接下来这个对话中,

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 谈判英语

Dialog 3 This dialog is a continuation of the above. Bob,Brenda's attorney tries to argue Gail into agreeing a compromise is possible. 此对话是上一个对话的延伸.鲍伯是布兰达的律师,他试着要说服嘉儿妥协. Bob: Huh! You know that just isn't true. A roof

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 谈判英语

Twizzler? 来根Twizzler软糖? No, I prefer my candy coated in chocolate. 不了,我更喜欢我的外面包着巧克力的糖果。 Oh, if you're looking for malt balls, we're out. 要是你在找麦丽素,都没有了。 I have some back here.

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 影视剧中的职场美语

Connie always kept an umbrella in her desk drawer. A sunny morning could always turn into a rainy afternoon. Her emergency umbrella always kept her dry. One day it started raining at noon. She had to meet a client on the Upper East Side. She opened h

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

No. Grandpa Palmer is dead to me. It's like ______2______ . Sounds complicated. I should go with you. Trust me, nobody wants to go to Carlinville, Indiana. Oh, God. Here we go. We can barely stand the sight of each other. Henry. Judge. Hank, thanks f

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英文电影预告片填空

by Michael W. Flynn Today, I will answer the most common question I have received since I began this podcast: why do I include the following annoying disclaimer at the beginning of every episode: Although I am an attorney, the legal information in th

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

核心句型: It's on tip of my tongue. 我一时想不起来了。 on tip of one's tongue直译过来就是:在某人的舌头尖上,这个短语的正确意思是:就在嘴边一时想不起来。因此,当美国人说It's on tip of my to

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松日记商务职场篇

核心句型: Keep your fingers crossed. 祝你好运! Keep your fingers crossed.直译过来就是:使你的手指保持交叉的状态,因为手指交叉会形成X形,与十字架的形状特别相像。美国人信奉基督教,十字架是

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松日记商务职场篇

核心句型: Sit tight, please. 请耐心等待。 sit tight这个说法是来自扑克牌游戏,有的时候,一个参加游戏的人本可以继续玩,但是他放弃叫牌的机会而选择观望的态度,形容不采取任何行动,耐

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松日记商务职场篇

How could I get my clients to take me seriously if their boss was constantly reminding everyone that I was his son's ageoh, and that I should date him? 如果客户们老是听到自己的老板提到我和他儿子同岁(噢,所以我还应该跟他

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 向前一步

But, while he viewed his wealth increase, 但是,当他发现自己的财富累增, While thus along life's dusty road, the beaten track, content he trod, 就这样沿着生活那条坎坷路,精疲力竭地前行,他对自己的跋涉心满又

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第六册

Hello I'm Anna from Tip Top Trading. 你好,我是Tip Top Trading的安娜。 How are you today? 今天过得怎么样? I hope you have received our order and are happy with it. 我希望你收到了我们的订单,并对订单感到满意。 W

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英文口语

You've made some serious mistakes. 你犯了严重的错误。 You need to consult me before you contact any of our clients. 在你联系任何客户之前,你应该询问我。 These mistakes cannot happen again otherwise I will have to refer the

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英文口语

A: Can you show me how to use this phone? B: Yes, I can help you with that. Pick up the receiver and hit one of the buttons. Do you hear a tone? A: No, I don't hear anything. B: Next you dial 9 on the keypad. You should hear the tone change. Did you

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

to brainstorm egghead 美国人在面临难题的时候往往会坐在一起交换意见,找出解决问题的方案。不管是在私营公司,或是在政府机构里,这种现象是常见的。

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

Harvard trivia, the lightning round. 哈佛知识问答,抢答环节 Go. 开始 Pulitzer Prizes. 46. 普利策奖个数, 四十六 Nobel peace prizes. Five. 诺贝尔和平奖,五个 What is the oldest book in the Harvard library collection? 哈佛

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 诉讼双雄第一季

Meet the extra costs 负担额外成本 Would you be willing to meet the extra cost if we additional requirements? 如果我们满足你额外的要求,你愿负担额外的成本吗? Well,if you can meet our deadline. 嗯,如果你们能赶上我

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸英语话题王

A: Um, orry to bother you, um... my name is Rachel. Im new here. Can I ask you a favor? B: Hi Rachel, welcome on board. Im afraid I cant help you right now. Im getting ready for a very important meeting. A: Excuse me, but can I bother you for a sec?

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语播客-EnglishPod

Auntie was Betty's client. Betty invited Auntie over and made a Chinese dinner for her. Auntie loved it. She said, This is the best Chinese meal I've ever eaten in Manhattan. She even asked to take all the leftovers home. During the meal, Betty had,

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)