核心句型: She'd kill the client with kindness. 她那股热情劲儿会让客户受不了的。 kill someone with kindness字面意思是:用温柔杀死某人,这只是一种夸张说法,其真正含义为:热情得让人受不了。打个

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松日记商务职场篇

核心句型: We have a poor connection. 我们的电话线路不好。 We have a poor connection.直译过来就是:我们之间的连接状况很差,这个短语的正确意思是:我们的电话线路不好。因此,当美国人说We hav

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松日记商务职场篇

Lulu didnt want to go to the play. This Wednesday was going to be very busy. She had realty meetings and clients to drive around. Called Narnia, the play was based on the novel by C.S. Lewis. It was a musical. You know that I dont like musicals, she

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

It was late. His wife wasn't home yet. He was worried. She was a real estate agent. She showed apartments to clients. She showed apartments day after day. She showed apartments all over the city. She showed apartments in uptown Manhattan. She showed

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

now the ball is in your court to start the ball rolling 美国人非常喜欢运动。凡是在各种运动中出类拔萃的人都成了人们心目中的大明星。这些明星的收入每年可以高

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

By Brian Padden Paris 20 June 2007 The 47th International Paris Air Show is running this week. It is a showcase of aviation and aerospace technology. And as VOA's Brian Padden reports, this is big, big business with more than 2,000 exhibitors from 42

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(六月)

turn in 提出,返还,睡觉,告密 Please turn in your papers by tomorrow. 请你明天把论文交上来。 You didn't even read it before you turned it in? 在你提交之前,连读都没读过? She went to the police to turn in a client

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

Julia was 12 years old. Her best friend Betsy was 13. Summer was almost over. School was about to start. Julia and Betsy were having lunch at BurgerBoy. Betsy had decided that Julia needed a boyfriend. But why? asked Julia. Im okay without one. What

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Instead of saying 'Please send me the file' you could say 'Could you possibly send me the file?' or 'Would you mind sending me the file?' 与其说请把文件发我,你应该说你能不能把文件发给我?或者你介意把那份文件发我吗

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英文口语

That is strange we all seem to be losing our pens. 奇怪了,我们的笔好像都没了。 Here, use this old pencil. 先用这杆旧铅笔吧。 Thanks. 谢谢。 Anna. Are you happy complaining officially about Rachel? 安娜,你乐意这样正式

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英文口语

This may lead to disciplinary action but it may be for the best. 这可能会导致惩罚性的措施,但这是出于好意。 Oh it's all very serious but I suppose I've got to do it. 这太严肃了,但我想我不得不做。 Good luck! 祝你好

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英文口语

Hosting Visitors in the Office 在办公室接待客户 陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他正在跟美国同事Amy讲话。 (Office ambience) CH:Amy, 你有时间吗? 我又遇到了点儿为难的事。 A:Well, tell me what the prob

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Voice MailLeaving and Receiving 语音邮件的发出和接收 陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他跟美国同事Amy约好一起吃午饭。 (Office ambience) C: 对不起Amy,让你久等了,办公室有点事。 A: Nothing big, I hope.

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

今天我们要讲的两个习惯用语都是跟钱有关系的。钱在英文里有各种说法。一个用得最普遍的就是:Money. 我们首先要给大家介绍的一个习惯用语恐怕是许

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

A: Hi, I haven't seen you in a while. B: Yes, it has been a long time! A: How long has it been since we last saw each other? B: I think that we last saw each other two years ago. A: What have you been doing for the past two years? B: I have been goin

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 社交英语

13. We would like to make advance arrangements for client conferences. 我们希望事先安排与客户洽谈相关事宜。 还能这样说: We want to make an arrangement for the client conference in advance. We are desirous of arranging for the

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

13. Could you tell me how to fill the form? 你能告诉我怎样填这个表格吗? 还能这样说: What should I do to fill the form? Tell me how to fill out the form, please. 应用解析: form into line 排成队; in great form 精神焕发

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

Make a claim 提出索赔 A:Three boxes of your product didn't coincide with your sample last time. 上次你们的货物中有三箱品质规格与样品不符。 B:I've no idea of what is happening. There hasn't been such a thing with us. Maybe the

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸英语一点通

Defenselawyers use the term Duress to describe the use of force, coercion,or psychological pressure exerted on a client in the commission of a crime. Whenduress is applied to the emotionally unstable, the result can be as violent asit is unpredictabl

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

EMILY: Iseverything okay? Daniel: It soundslike my parents are finally getting a divorce. EMILY: Oh, myGod. I'm so sorry, Daniel. They seemed...so perfect together. Daniel: Yeah,maybe a long time ago. EMILY: Well,maybe they'll work it out. I mean, wh

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音