1These are the family heads and those registered with them who came up with me from Babylon during the reign of King Artaxerxes: 2of the descendants of Phinehas, Gershom; of the descendants of Ithamar, Daniel; of the descendants of David, Hattush 3o

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 以斯拉记

20Now Abraham moved on from there into the region of the Negev and lived between Kadesh and Shur. For a while he stayed in Gerar, 2and there Abraham said of his wife Sarah, She is my sister. Then Abimelech king of Gerar sent for Sarah and took her. 3

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 创世记

I have forgotten to mention that, in many things, Queequeg placed great confidence in the excellence of Yojo's judgment and surprising forecast of things; 我忘了提及的是,在许多事情上,魁魁格非常相信他身上的这个木偶,凡事都

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

You could pretty plainly tell how long each one had been ashore. 人们可以很清楚地看出每一个人已经在岸上呆了多久。 This young fellow's healthy cheek is like a sun-toasted pear in hue, and would seem to smell almost as musky; he

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

The whaling-pike is similar to a frigate's boarding-weapon of the same name. The gaff is something like a boat-hook. With his gaff, the gaffman hooks on to a sheet of blubber, and strives to hold it from slipping, as the ship pitches and lurches abou

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

I'll get the almanack; and as I have heard devils can be raised with Daboll's arithmetic, 让我去把那本历书拿来瞧一瞧;我还听到人家说,用达波耳的数学还推算得出魔鬼来呢, I'll try my hand at raising a meaning out

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Dropping his harpoon, the brawny savage caught him in his arms, and by an almost miraculous dexterity and strength, sent him high up bodily into the air; 这个身体结实的野人,丢下他的标枪,把他一把挟了起来,用一种简直是不可思

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

In bed we concocted our plans for the morrow. 我们在床上盘算我们明天的计划。 But to my surprise and no small concern, 但是,使我吃惊而且颇为担心的是, Queequeg now gave me to understand, that he had been diligently consulti

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

We resumed business; and while plying our spoons in the bowl, thinks I to myself, I wonder now if this here has any effect on the head? 我们又吃了起来;我们的匙子在碗里掏来掏去的时候,我暗自揣思着,不知道这东西究竟可会

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

I know not that any other author has hinted of the matter; 我不知道是否有其他作家提及此事, but by inference it seems to me that the sturgeon must be divided in the same way as the whale, 不过据我推断,鲟鱼也一定是按大鲸

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

They are comparatively delicate, indeed; I dare say, not to exceed half a dozen yards round the waist. Nevertheless, it cannot be denied, that upon the whole they are hereditarily entitled to en bon point. 她们真可说是相当细巧,我敢说,她

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

But, at last, he turned to his comrade, with a final sort of look about him,Captain Bildad-come, old shipmate, we must go. 但是,最后,他以一种坚决的眼色,对他的同伴说,比勒达船长,来,老船友,咱们得走了。 Back the mainyard

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

But it was startling to see this excellent hearted Quakeress coming on board, as she did the last day, with a long oil-ladle in one hand, 但是,使人一楞的是,在最后一天,看到这个心地极好的女桂克,一手拿着一只长长的油勺子

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

In like manner, the Greenland whalers sailing out of Hull or London, put in at the Shetland Islands, to receive the full complement of their crew. 同样地,格陵兰的捕鲸船也从赫尔或者伦敦驶出来,开进设得兰群岛去招收他们的全

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

It wasn't a common pitch pine leg he kicked with, was it? No, you were kicked by a great man, and with a beautiful ivory leg, Stubb. 他踢你的可不是一种普通松木的腿呀,是吗?不,你是让一个大人物踢了,而且使的是一只美丽的

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

It wasn't a common pitch pine leg he kicked with, was it? No, you were kicked by a great man, and with a beautiful ivory leg, Stubb. 他踢你的可不是一种普通松木的腿呀,是吗?不,你是让一个大人物踢了,而且使的是一只美丽的

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Thus, then, one of our own noble stamp, even a whaleman, is the tutelary guardian of England; 那么,这样说来,哪怕是个捕鲸人,我们自己的高贵的标志之一就是英国的守护神了; and by good rights, we harpooneers of Nan

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Nor do heroes, saints, demigods, and prophets alone comprise the whole roll of our order. 这样,在我们团体的全部成员中,就不仅有英雄、圣人、神明和预言者了。 Our grand master is still to be named; 我们还得举出我们

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Chapter 81 The Pequod Meets The Virgin 第八十一章裴廓德号遇到处女号 The predestinated day arrived, and we duly met the ship Jungfrau, Derick De Deer, master, of Bremen. 命定的日子到来了,我们及时遇到了处女号,它的船

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

In short, he is what the fishermen technically call a grey-headed whale. 总之,它就是捕鱼人特称为白头鲸的东西。 Let us now note what is least dissimilar in these heads namely, the two most important organs, the eye and the ear. 现在

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(162) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记