日语和韩语比法语好学。真的是这样吗? Maura: Now, weve also had a little bit of experience with other languages, right? How much Korean did you learn when you lived there? Harp: When I was there, I knew a lot. I could not have a basi

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

毛拉和哈皮讨论的是,英语中有很多与地点有关的英文表达。 Harp: Lets look at some space-related idioms. Maura: So, the first one is Are you from Mars? Harp: No, Im not from Mars. Im from Earth. Maura: So, you might get asked i

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

去朋友家了,想去卫生间,正确的表达应该是什么呢 Maura: And when youre in someones home, you wanna use only washroom or bathroom. You wouldnt say restroom in someones home. It just doesnt work. Harp: Its really only for public sp

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

怎样才能讲好一个故事呢,都有哪些技巧,听听哈皮和毛拉是怎么说的。 Sample Dialogue Maura: Yes. So todays topic is storytelling, or telling stories. I love to tell stories! Harp: Me too. I love listening to your stories,

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Health care providers are thinking a lot more about the end of life and trying to emphasize the quality of that life. Lahey Hospital outside of Boston is taking a musical approach to make their patients a little more comfortable. P

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

19Saul told his son Jonathan and all the attendants to kill David. But Jonathan was very fond of David 2and warned him, My father Saul is looking for a chance to kill you. Be on your guard tomorrow morning; go into hiding and stay there. 3I will go o

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(145) / 评论(0) 分类 撒母耳记

This episode is all about forgetting the negative things that happened to us in the past and moving forward with our lives. This is always a good idea, so weve got a few expressions to remind us of this. If you had an argument with someone, or if som

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Work! Love it or hate it, most of us have to do it. In this episode, Harp and Maura talk about the corporate world and what its like nowadays. Almost everyone hopes to make as much money as they can, and some people work to climb the corporate ladder

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

The idea for this episode came from a Culips listener, Igor, who thought this might be an interesting topic. He was late to meet his friend, and his friend said, Im getting old here! So heres your episode, Igor. In it, Maura and Harp talk about the i

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Eating is something people do every day, so there are tons of expressions about it. In this episode, we talk about the amount that people eat. Sometimes we have big appetites and other times we dont want to eat much. Sometimes our eyes are bigger tha

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

《小美人鱼》插曲:Under the sea在海底 中英歌词: The seaweed is always greener In somebody else's lake You dream about going up there But that is a big mistake Just look at the world around you Right here on the ocean floor Such wonder

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 电影歌曲

Deck the hall with boughs of holly, Fa la la la la la, la la la la. Tis the season to be jolly, Fa la la la la la, la la la la la la Don we now our gay apparel, Fa la la, la la la, la la la. Troll the ancient Yuletide carol, Fa la la la la la, la la

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 电影英文歌曲

put the squeeze on someone对某人施加压力 The new situation is putting the squeeze on all companies engaged in this business. stand up to someone与某人大胆对抗 The soldier stood up to the officer and was place in confinement. thank one's

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

Under the SeaThe Little Mermaid (1989) 《在海底》,选自《小美人鱼》 (Ariel, listen to me. The human world, it's a mess. Life under the sea is better than anything they got up there.) The seaweed is always greener In somebody else's lake

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

PSALM 98 1Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous things; his right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him. 2The Lord has made his salvation known and revealed his righteousness to the nations. 3He has remembered his love

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 诗篇

23An oracle concerning Tyre: Wail, O ships of Tarshish! For Tyre is destroyed and left without house or harbor. From the land of Cyprus word has come to them. 2Be silent, you people of the island and you merchants of Sidon, whom the seafarers have en

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 以赛亚书

文本: TOMMY: _____(1)_____... Get the damn cash. SONNY: You know, Tommy? I did what I could for you, I pulled strings, called in favors. I was your friend, Tommy. I hoped you'd see sense, see what's good for business. I trusted you, Tommy, and yo

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 小龟乐游记英语短文

16The Lord said to Samuel, How long will you mourn for Saul, since I have rejected him as king over Israel? Fill your horn with oil and be on your way; I am sending you to Jesse of Bethlehem. I have chosen one of his sons to be king. 2But Samuel said

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 撒母耳记

By the Rivers of Babylon We Sat Down and Wept (1815) 在巴比伦的河边我们坐下来哭泣 by Lord Byron (1788-1824) 1 We sat down and wept by the waters Of Babel, and thought of the day When our foe, in the hue of his slaughters, Made Salem's h

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Poppy cultivation(栽培) and production in Afghanistan has decreased sharply, according to a United Nations report. The UN Office on Drugs and Crime says opium(鸦片) cultivation has dropped by 22% in a year and production by 10%. The biggest falls

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(339) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻