Confessing to a crime usually is not enough to throw you behind bars. Many states require independent evidence to corroborate a confession. But if a suspect confesses and forensic investigators know, it can cause them to favor evidence in support of

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

12 Angry Men is a 1957 American drama film. It was adapted from a teleplay of the same name by Reginald Rose and directed by Sidney Lumet. The film tells the story of a jury made up of 12 men. They must decide the guilt or innocence of a defendant on

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美电影简介

Of course fairies exist. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise. They must exist because there is a World Fairy Day. Its on June the 24th. This is the official day for us to celebrate the little fairies that bring some magic to our lives. We can also cel

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

Unit 3 DIALOGUE I Farewell to Rude Manners A: How do you come to school every day? B: By bike. A: So you're lucky. You're not bothered by rude people with their rough behaviour. B: I don't get it. A:

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 新编大学英语教程

Death by Katherine Bilsborough Neanderthals There is evidence to suggest that even as far back as prehistoric times, Neanderthal man buried their dead with flowers. This suggests a certain emotional concern for the well being of the dead and might in

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语音频杂志

Iran is largely cut off from global commerce after a banking hub severed ties. The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication or Swift is reinforcing sanctions the EU imposed in a bid to make Iran stop its nuclear development. Swift'

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

Dance with my father 与父亲共舞 Back when I was a child, 小时候, Before life removed all the innocence, 天真懵懂。 My father would lift me high, 父亲会把我高高举起, And dance with my mother and me, 跟我和母亲一起翩翩起

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

The very brightest candle of all has been extinguished Smothered by those who could not bear to face reality Every beat of your heart tore the lies all apart Made foundations quiver Every wave in the lake caused the porcelain to break And I shiver...

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

法国美女歌手Cherie首张英文同名大碟于2004年发行. 其中的歌曲Betcha Neva为英国歌手Natasha Beddingfield参与创作,收录于动画电影Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman《蝙蝠侠:蝙蝠女之谜》之中,并被泰国歌手

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 天籁音乐

I'd follow if I could. A thing that's hard to bear, to see you going down the road somewhere. To blink and then you're gone, the scene is rolled away. It makes another mile from me. Wherever you go, it's too far, you're a shooting star.

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

AS IT IS 2016-02-21 South Dakota Governor To Consider 'Bathroom' Bill The South Dakota Senate passed a bill this week that orders people in public schools to use restrooms that align with their gender at birth. Lawmakers in the midwestern American st

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

The sun has sunk behind the hills, 太阳,藏到山后了, The shadows o'er the landscape creep; 影子,蠕动在寥廓霜天, A drowsy sound the woodland fills, 森林里,响起长短不一的哈欠, As nature folds her arms to sleep: 大地

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

Once upon a time, there lived a man who had a terriblepassion for baked beans. He loved them, but they alwayshad an embarrassing and somewhat lively reaction on him. One day, he met a girl and fell in love. When it was apparent that they would marry,

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

Oh, I do want you to be happy, it began, with a yearning earnestness. I do so want you to be good! Please, please be good and 啊,我真希望你们幸福,那声音又开始了,带着真心诚意的渴望,我多么希望你们善良!我求你

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

I protested my innocence of these things. I saw that under the mask of these half humorous innuendoes, this old seaman, 我竭力否认着他半认真半玩笑的话。我听出来了, as an insulated Quakerish Nantucketer, was full of his insular

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Laurel. 劳蕾尔 Mrs. Queen! What are you...It's oliver. 奎恩夫人,你怎么... 是奥利弗 Something's happened.It's been all over the news. 他出了点事,新闻里全在播 These charges are ludicrous. 那些指控太荒唐了 I know. 我知

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

Attorney for shipping magnate, Martin Somers, has confirmed his client has no intention of testifying maintaining his innocence in the wrongful death of Victor Nocenti. 航运大亨的律师 马丁萨默斯已经确认他的委托人无意出庭作证,

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

小编在此与大家分享GRE句子填空的相关内容,希望对各位备考2015年的新GRE填空有所帮助。 1.判断句子之间的逻辑关系 新GRE填空考察的就是整体逻辑语言的能力,考生的任务就是找出句子成分间

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

My country has taught me the capacity for a human being to love is akin to godliness. 我的国家教给我,一个人拥有爱的能力,就像是对神灵万物的敬畏。 It shines forth in a world which civilization, I think, already has tampe

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

If I could I'd protect you from the sadness in your eyes Give you courage in a world of compromise Yes, I would If I could I would teach you all the things I've never learned And I'd help you cross the bridges that I've burned Yes, I would If I could

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲