绿箭侠第一季 第54期:劳蕾尔出庭
时间:2019-01-29 作者:英语课 分类:绿箭侠第一季
英语课
Laurel.
劳蕾尔
Mrs. Queen! What are you...It's oliver.
奎恩夫人,你怎么... 是奥利弗
Something's happened.It's been all over the news.
他出了点事,新闻里全在播
These charges are ludicrous.
那些指控太荒唐了
I know.
我知道
Can I ask you, who's representing him?
请问一下,是谁为他辩护呢
Well, that's why I'm here.
我就是为这个来的
He wants you to represent him.
他想让你为他辩护
Me? Yes. I told him it was a mad idea,
我?对,我说过这太疯狂了
but to be frank, I am desperate.
不过老实说,我是没办法了
He says if you don't represent him,
他说如果你不为他辩护
then he doesn't want any attorney.
他就不请律师了
Mrs. Queen, my father is the arresting officer.
奎恩夫人,逮捕他的人就是我爸爸
Yes.
我知道
And I don't think it's a good idea
而且我觉得
for me to represent someone who I've been involved with.
为前男友辩护也不是个好主意
Listen, I am sorry
我很抱歉
for what your family is going through
对于你们家现在所经历的...
No apologies.
不用道歉
Your idealism, I think, is why my son,
正是你的理想主义,才让我儿子
for all his mistakes, is so smitten 1 with you.
犯下这么多错之后,还对你痴心不改
Regardless, it was a bad idea on his part,
不过,这件事的确不是个好主意
and I am sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable.
抱歉我刚刚的请求让你不舒服了
Docket 81941,
编号81941
People vs. Oliver Queen.
奥利弗·奎恩的公诉案件
Murder, aggravated 2 assault,
罪名有谋杀,重大人身伤害罪
assault with intent, menacing and trespassing 4.
蓄意伤害罪,恐吓和非法侵入民宅罪
Where's your attorney, Mr. Queen?
你的辩护律师呢,奎恩先生
I'm representing myself, judge.
我为自己进行辩护,法官大人
I'm not sure that's the wisest course, Mr. Queen.
我不觉得那是个明智的选择,奎恩先生
I think it is.
我觉得是
I'm innocent.
我是无辜的
Then we'll consider that your plea.
我们会把这句话当成你的抗辩
Thank you.
谢谢
Now, as to bail 5
保释方面...
Your honor, Mr. Queen's family
法官大人,奎恩先生家
owns a pair of private jets,
拥有不止一架喷气式飞机
and, well, on the subject of their wealth,
基于他们拥有的财富之多
I would point out that there is virtually no bail amount
我要指出,没有任何保释金额足够
that can guarantee his presence at trial.
保证他到时会出庭受审
So then I guess it's a good thing
幸运的是
that the people's case is so circumstantial.
每个案件的情况都不同
Dinah Laurel Lance, your honor.
黛娜·劳蕾尔·兰斯,法官大人
I'd like to file my appearance
我请求成为
on behalf of the defendant 6.
被告的辩护律师
Mr. Queen's wealth should not deprive him
由于无罪推定
of the right to be released on bail
奎恩先生的财富不应该剥夺
while under the presumption 7 of innocence 8.
他拥有的合理保释权利
He is a flight risk.Then minimize the risk.
他很可能潜逃,那就降低这种可能性
The defendant is willing to submit to home confinement 9
被告愿意接受家中监禁
and electronic monitoring through the wearing
并在脚踝上佩戴UKG45型脚环
of a UKG45 administrated ankle device.
接受电子监控
No, he wouldn't.Sold.
不,他不愿意,就这么定了
Your honor...
法官大人
Bail is set at $15 million. $5 million bond.
保释金为一千五百万,五百万债券
Defendant to see probation 10
判被告缓刑
for the fitting of a GPS device.
安装GPS设备
I knew you couldn't resist saving my ass 3.
我就知道你会忍不住来救我
You're going to make me regret this, aren't you?
你是在让我后悔吗
No. It's going to be like old times.
不,会像以前一样
Fortunately for you with the legal case,
你很幸运,有了这件案子
There's no way that you're this vigilante.
你就不可能是那位义务治安员了
I agree.
没错
Because he's actually trying to make a difference.
因为他实际上是想改变世界的
We both know that's not really your style.
你我都知道,那不是你的作风
猛打,重击,打击( smite的过去分词 )
- From the moment they met, he was completely smitten by her. 从一见面的那一刻起,他就完全被她迷住了。
- It was easy to see why she was smitten with him. 她很容易看出为何她为他倾倒。
使恶化( aggravate的过去式和过去分词 ); 使更严重; 激怒; 使恼火
- If he aggravated me any more I shall hit him. 假如他再激怒我,我就要揍他。
- Far from relieving my cough, the medicine aggravated it. 这药非但不镇咳,反而使我咳嗽得更厉害。
n.驴;傻瓜,蠢笨的人
- He is not an ass as they make him.他不象大家猜想的那样笨。
- An ass endures his burden but not more than his burden.驴能负重但不能超过它能力所负担的。
[法]非法入侵
- He told me I was trespassing on private land. 他说我在擅闯私人土地。
- Don't come trespassing on my land again. 别再闯入我的地界了。
v.舀(水),保释;n.保证金,保释,保释人
- One of the prisoner's friends offered to bail him out.犯人的一个朋友答应保释他出来。
- She has been granted conditional bail.她被准予有条件保释。
n.被告;adj.处于被告地位的
- The judge rejected a bribe from the defendant's family.法官拒收被告家属的贿赂。
- The defendant was borne down by the weight of evidence.有力的证据使被告认输了。
n.推测,可能性,冒昧,放肆,[法律]推定
- Please pardon my presumption in writing to you.请原谅我很冒昧地写信给你。
- I don't think that's a false presumption.我认为那并不是错误的推测。
n.无罪;天真;无害
- There was a touching air of innocence about the boy.这个男孩有一种令人感动的天真神情。
- The accused man proved his innocence of the crime.被告人经证实无罪。
n.幽禁,拘留,监禁;分娩;限制,局限
- He spent eleven years in solitary confinement.他度过了11年的单独监禁。
- The date for my wife's confinement was approaching closer and closer.妻子分娩的日子越来越近了。
标签:
绿箭侠