antique 古董,古玩 Antique shops exert a peculiar fascination on a great many people. 古玩店对许多人来说都有一种特殊的魅力。 He kept his library there,his antiques, 他在那里收藏图书、古玩、 and his collection of ne

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(1179) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语词汇随身听手册3

In a small village, there lived two friends Papabuddhi and Dharmabuddhi. Their friendship was extraordinary. Their characters were opposite yet they were close friends. Papabuddhi was very dishonest at heart while Dharmabuddhi was a very honest man.

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(141) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

[Verse 1:] I'm breakin' down Gonna start from scratch Shake it off like an etch-a-sketch My lips are saying goodbye My eyes are finally dry I'm not the way that I used to be I took the record off repeat It killed me but I survived And now I'm coming

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 舞曲狂欢

From NPR News in Washington, I'm Jack Speer. Lawmakers are digging into details of President Obama's plan to overhaul financial regulation today. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner was on Capitol Hill answering questions about the plan. NPR's Scott

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

The man who claimed he planned the 9/11 attacks is before a military tribunal at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba today. But Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four co-defendants would not answer the judge's questions and even refuse to listen to them by taking off the

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

The High Cost of Winning People Weekly 2004 Time Inc. All rights reserved 1 Jay Sommers, 36, Won: $5.8 million, Outcome: Lost it all, delivered pizza Jay Sommers was 20 when he won a $5.8 million lott

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 彭蒙惠英语

The Catcher in the Rye 麦田守望者 Banned by many schools and libraries when first published in 1951, “The Catcher in the Rye” has been courting controversy for half a century. J.D. Salinger’

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Long ago, in the very olden time, there lived a powerful king. Some of his ideas were progressive. But others caused people to suffer. One of the kings ideas was a public arena as an agent of poetic justice. Crime was punished, or innocence was decid

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(203) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

自GRE改革以来,填空部分的难度有所加大,面对新GRE填空,许多考生总是不知所措。那么,有没有什么新GRE填空方法呢?应该如何准备新GRE填空呢?下面,新东方网小编搜罗了几个填空题,并给大

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

-1孩子需要肯定之雨中奔跑 Run Through the Rain She had been shopping with her Mom in Wal-Mart. She must have been 6 years old, this beautiful brown haired, freckle-faced image of innocence. It was pouring outside. The kind of rain that gush

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

12月7日是英国国家书信日(National Letter Writing Day),鼓励大家回归传统书信。今年的这一天,卷福本尼迪克特?康伯巴奇给圣诞老人写了一封信 本身英国就有浓厚的文学传统,2013年出现了一个

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Autopsy results that we have from these today are that the bodies of the children show no sign of having undergone violence. We have done, we will be making various other DNA analysis and other types of analysis, and we will give you the news of this

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(八)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Members of the jury have you reached verdict? When it comes to making decisions about innocence and guilt, the human brain acts as both judge and jury. N

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

When we lie, our brains work hard to make sure we get the story right and come off as truthful. Law enforcement officials try to tap into that effort, for example with polygraphs, to find out if a suspect is telling the truth. But such stress tests a

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(九)月

Mirrors reflecting The broken illusion of one lost And sinful Mind's eye protect me While caught in this dark world of fear And fading hope My soul is worn The sun lonely woes Of innocence lost In the shades now revealed By a fate never told A sea of

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

英文歌词: Step one you say we need to talk He walks you say sit down it's just a talk He smiles politely back at you You stare politely right on through Some sort of window to your right As he goes left and you stay right Between the lines of fear

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

他是四届格莱美奖得主,是RB音乐教父级人物;他拥有超过两千万张的唱片销售记录, 被他魔力嗓音所征服的听众数以亿计;他就是Luther Vandross,美国最伟大的黑人男歌手之一。 Dance with My F

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 天籁音乐

beautiful and dearest child morning comes soon, sleep awhile fly away to trees that sway in dreams peaceful and green of the happiness you bring, I will sing oh I will sing my love goes following you into your dreams by lo, by lo my love goes with yo

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

The Lady, or the Tiger? by Frank R. Stockton 《美女还是老虎?》 By 弗兰克.R.斯托克顿 Today's story is The Lady, or the Tiger? by Frank R. Stockton. Here is Barbara Klein with the story. Long ago, in the very olden time, there lived a po

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十)月

I protested my innocence of these things. 我坚决声明我从来没有干过这些事情。 I saw that under the mask of these half humorous innuendoes, this old seaman, 我看出,在这些半幽默的讽刺话底里,这个老水手, as an insulate

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记