It was the royal wedding we remember best of all. 25 years ago tomorrow, Prince Charles married Lady Diana Spencer in London's St. Paul's Cathedral. CBS News correspondent Randall Pinkston looks back

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2006年

A partisan standoff over a bill to fund the Federal Aviation Administration has the agency in partial shutdown and tens of thousands furloughed. Today at the White House, Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood called on Congress to get back to Washingto

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

A partisan standoff over a bill to fund the Federal Aviation Administration has the agency in partial shutdown and tens of thousands furloughed. Today at the White House, Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood called on Congress to get back to Washingto

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Ive just returned from a few weeks in Kazakhstan, a large country between Russia and Afghanistan. Home again, I changed my phone message to: Just back from Central Asia, which isnt Bali. Yes, the trip had been disturbing, physically and emotionally.

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(156) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Andrew Marvell (1621 - 1678) How vainly men themselves amaze To win the palm, the oak, or bays, And their uncessant labours see Crowned from some single herb or tree, Whose short and narrow vergd shade Does prudently their toils upbraid, While all f

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语诗歌

为实现自己的留学之梦,无数学生默默地在GRE考试中付出自己辛勤的汗水。所有GRE高分故事背后都有值得我们学习的GRE备考经验。相信这样的一个个GRE高分故事能够在你备考GRE考试的过程中送

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(207) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

你是我生活的重心 Gravity The Whitest Boy Alive It's all fun, Fun and games until, Somebody sees what they should not see, And the innocence is killed. And not written, Certainly not shown, But eventually what's meant to be Covered up gets don

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

爵士:Madeleine Peyroux - I Must Be Saved 相关介绍 :近年来崛起流行音乐世界的年轻爵士歌手不少,Madeleine Peyroux本应该是最受瞩目的一位。生於美国乔治亚,却因为父母离异而随任职法语教师的母亲

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英文爵士乐

90年代另类摇滚打出头阵,葛莱美音乐奖於1991年初设立「另类摇滚」奖项,随即获得提名的The Replacements鼓手Chris Mars;在90年初期发表关怀失踪儿童的感人作品Runaway Train走红国际,成名於Grung

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英乐时空

The Bigger Lights 是一支来自于 Fairfax, Virginia 的五人摇滚乐队。伴随着强有力并富有感染性的音乐,自2007年成立以后,他们便在流行和摇滚舞台上取得了重大的进展。不出一年,他们与 Doghouse R

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 天籁音乐

VOICE ONE: I'm Phoebe Zimmermann. VOICE TWO: And I'm Doug Johnson with the VOA Special English program, People in America. Every week we tell about a person who was important in the history of the United States. Today, we tell about writer Edith Wha

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(六)月

人生贵在糊涂 人一生,短短数载,不够时间计较,不够时间事事明细,不必在思前想后中耗磨时间,懂得享乐,人生贵在糊涂。 We all, at one time or another, have pretended to be a rock star, singing and da

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习方法

Personally I think it was rash of Mr. Strickland, in refuting the account which had gained belief of a certain unpleasantness between his father and mother, 讲到我个人的意见,我认为思特里克兰德牧师在驳斥外间深入人心的一种

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 月亮和六便士

IVAN YEGORITCH KRASNYHIN, a fourth-rate journalist, returns home late at night, grave and careworn, with a peculiar air of concentration. He looks like a man expecting a police-raid or contemplating suicide. Pacing about his rooms he halts abruptly,

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

唐顿庄园第二季第六集_6 [INT. DOWNTON GARAGE - DAY] [A womans heels click on the garage floor and Branson stops as he hears Sybils voice from his position under the motorcar engine.] LADY SYBIL I wish I knew how an engine worked. BRANSON I c

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第二季

The sight was truly extraordinary; three dabs of person, which were Sister Agatha's face and hands, the rest white starched wimple and bib glaring against layers of blackest black, with a massive rope of wooden rosary beads dangling from an iron ring

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 荆棘鸟

16 作家沃顿·伊迪丝的一生 DATE=3-18-01 TITLE=PEOPLE IN AMERICA #1813 - Edith Wharton TYPE=Special English Feature BYLINE=Richard Thorman VOICE ONE: I'm Doug Johnson. VOICE TWO: And I'm Ray F

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 文化聚焦