Wk 03 (16 January 1979) Shah Of Iran Flees UprisingThis Week in HistoryAfter many years of autocratic rule, the Shah of Iran flees the country amid growing opposition. In 1979, Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlevi and his wife, Empress Farah, were forced to fl

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻与报道—News and Reports

(BBC News) Siberia has had a biting cold winter with temperatures dropping to minus 60 degrees Celsius. (英国国家广播公司报道)西伯利亚今年寒冬刺骨,气温降至摄氏零下六十度。 One of the casualnes has been the rare S

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄英语新闻听力通

北京奥运28大项 参与,竞争,分享,进步 Baseball 棒球 英文原文 The batter's legal position shall be with both feet within the batter's box. The lines defining the box are within the batter's box. A batter has legally completed his time at bat when he

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(188) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运28大项比赛

AS IT IS 2014-05-23 US House Members Take Action to Limit Human Trafficking 美国众议院议员称需采取行动打击贩卖人口 Human trafficking exists in almost every area of the world. Children, young women, and even men can become trapped,

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Examinations are an important part of every student's life. Students must,ther- fore, know how to deal with them. There are three important things a student must do to get ready for an exam. First, he

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(574) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄初级美国英语

The Japanese whaling fleet has denied that a ship deliberately hit protest ship the Ady Gil. The Institute for Cetacean Research says the Ady Gil was steaming towards the Japanese boat to try to cut it off when the crash occurred. But the captain of

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2010年

No Relief for Kalash in Pakistans Valley of Infidels ISLAMABAD Years of economic pressures and alleged forced conversions to Islam continue to pose a threat to Pakistans tiny Kalash minority, the only pagans in the Islamic republic. Once a large comm

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(292) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(八月)

The Raindrops Ride 小水滴的旅程 Some little drops of water 有些小水滴, Whose home was in the sea, 住在大海里, To go upon a journey 一天邀请去旅行, Once happened to agree. 碰巧都同意 A white cloud was their carriage; 赶

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英国学生科学读本

必背句型: A:They reached an agreement resolving differences by mutual concessions. 他们各自让步,协商一致,达成协议。 B:They just want to end the lawsuit. 他们只想终结诉讼。 They concluded an agreement resolving differen

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语就该这么说

Today, the partial government shutdown over. The possible US debt ceiling crisis averted. For now, late Wednesday night, Congress voted on the deal and approved it. Early Thursday morning, President Obama signed it. As the day moved forward, things i

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2013年(十)月

Nations around the world had been watching and debating solutions for years to the bloody civil war in Syria. It started in 2011. Hundreds of thousands have lost their lives. The war has involved different rebel groups and some terrorist groups who a

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年9月

文本: Edward, who needed no tutorials on the connectionsbetween ceremonies and power, immediately took this as a slap in the face, anact of virtual rebellion. In 1276, a huge army, the biggest seen in Britain since the Norman Conquest, invaded Gw

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

Edward, who needed no tutorials on the connections between ceremonies and power, immediately took this as a slap in the face, an act of virtual rebellion. In 1276, a huge army, the biggest seen in Britain since the Norman Conquest, invaded Gwynedd ,

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

Edward, who needed no tutorials on the connectionsbetween ceremonies and power, immediately took this as a slap in the face, anact of virtual rebellion. In 1276, a huge army, the biggest seen in Britain since the Norman Conquest, invaded Gwynedd, pen

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

Archaeologists have found cavities that they can fill with plaster to create molds. They are able to see, hundreds of years later, exactly how the dead lay when the volcano struck. They have also found bones. So far, the remains of 1100 people have b

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2015年

Welcome to IBJ. What can I do for you today? 欢迎光临IBJ银行。今天我能为您做些什么吗? I'd like to pay some money in using my card, please. 我想请你帮我用我的卡存一些钱。 No problem. Could you let me have your card a

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 银行英语情景口语

Study: North Korea, Eritrea Have Highest Levels of Modern Slavery The Global Slavery Index estimates that more than 40 million people around the world were subject to conditions similar to slavery. The report said North Korea and Eritrea had the high

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Next weeks US Open has lost some star power as Maria Sharapova has pulled out of the years final Grand Slam of the season citing a right shoulder injury. The U.S. Tennis Association announced the withdrawal of the 2006 champion. 下周的美国网球公

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年08月

Californians Target Human Trafficking Virginia Isaias was forced to marry at 15 in her native Mexico, and later kidnapped with her six-year-old daughter and forced into prostitution. Her story is told in a documentary now being produced, called Sands

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

A: What can I do for you? B: I would like to cancel one of my accounts. A: Is there a problem with your account? B: I only need one. A: What about all your money in that account? B: Could you please transfer that money to my remaining account? A: Tha

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-银行