Indiana police are reporting a hostage crisis in the northwestern city of Valparaiso. According to the Associated Press, a gunman is holding an unknown number of people captive inside a real estate office. So far, there are no known injures. Local me

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

AS IT IS 2015-02-02 South Korea Wants Japan to Apologize to WWII Sex Slaves Every week, protesters gather in front of the Japanese embassy in the South Korean capital. They want Japan to apologize for forcing thousands of Korean women to have sex wit

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Support and defend the Constitution. I will support and defend the Constitution. Congratulations! And I think the NTSB has been frustrated throughout the duration of this investigation by the inadequacy of PGE's record-keeping. What we found out in t

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(九)月

W: Can you help me do an internet search? M: Sure. What do you want to find? W: I want to find information on World War Two. M: Well, can you be more specific? There are a lot of websites about that. W: Yes, I want to know about the Normandy Landing

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 想聊就聊

Topics: Famous Americans-James Fenimore Cooper; The Farmer's Almanac; in favor of versus in (one's) favor; feat of strength, raw human strength, and to be forced against table's edge; to multitask Words: frontier pioneer to be expelled from prank to

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Explanation: When Europeans began to live in the United States, they had a lot of work to do. They needed to make farms so that people would have enough to eat, build towns and cities, and build roads so that people could go between the towns and cit

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 美国精神

Robyn Williams: If you read about ancient Greece it's uplifting to recognise how free and egalitarian they were, and how this enlightenment was the basis for the rise of culture for drama, philosophy, the growth of natural science and an understandin

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

MTV is perhaps the most famous music video TV channel in the world. It started life as Music Television on August 1, 1981. The first words spoken on the channel were, ladies and gentlemen, rock and roll. The first music video shown on MTV was Video K

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

Grammar Girl here. The grammar authorities are going to battle it out today. For they all have a different opinion about our topics: the merits of using the word for to mean because, and whether its OK to start a sentence with the word for. Now, gues

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

They feasted on the supplies they captured. Genghis Khan turned Beijing into a prison. Within the walls, thousands starved to death. The survivors resorted to cannibalism. Finally, Genghis Khan's army

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 成吉思汗

Aid Groups: Syrian Refugees Face danger if Forced to Return Home International aid groups are warning countries with refugees from the Syrian conflict against forcing them to return to Syria. Humanitarian groups, including the Norwegian Refugee Counc

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

589 、 受迫振动 forcedvibration 590 、 受迫振荡 forcedoscillation 591 、 和谐 harmony 592 、 周转齿轮;行星齿轮 epicyclicgear 593 、 固定夹;台夹 benchholdfast 594 、 固定

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

Iraqs parliamentary election is scheduled to officially start Wednesday. This will be the first of its kind since the withdrawal of US forces from the country. More than 20 million people nationwide are eligible to vote. The government has taken meas

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年04月

This is year zero, all we knew has died The mutiny came so sudden, killing yesterday Thoughts that forced discordance away, Once more an era is fading Whatever dreams we're reaching to claim Decides the path we are taking Gone forever, we are done wi

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

AS IT IS 2015-04-15 A Look Back at the Chibok Kidnapping 回顾Chibok绑架 One year ago, Boko Haram militants kidnapped 276 schoolgirls from their dormitory in the northeastern Nigerian town of Chibok. The kidnapping came as a shock to people around

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(四)月

AS IT IS 2015-12-07 Fisherman's Death Is Example of Labor Abuses 渔民死亡是虐待劳工的典型示例 A Vietnamese fisherman was killed last week while working in the contested waters of the South China Sea. His boat and the 13 surviving crew m

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

A: Did you ever take History 231? B: Yeah. Last semester. A: Who was the professor? B: It was Professor Johnson. A: I have him this semester. What do you think about him? B: He's a terrible instructor and demands a lot, but fortunately, he's an easy

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 对话类英语听力

Good morning from the CNN Center in Atlanta, I'm Reggie Aqui. Thanks for checking in. Here's a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. A levee break this morning in Illinois near the swollen Mississippi River has forced the closure of the Great Ri

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(六)月

EXPLORATIONS - As Long as It Remains Profitable, Child Trafficking Will Continue By Jill Moss Broadcast: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith Lapidus w

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

Jimmy Kimmel Live! asked children on the street the age-old question: Who do you love more, your mom or dad? 《吉米鸡毛秀》在街头向孩子们问了一个非常古老的问题:爸爸和妈妈,你更喜欢谁? Youre not supposed to have

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间