One day, after her husband had died, she was traveling on a train to visit her daughter, 她的丈夫去世后,她乘火车前往女儿家探望, and she met and took an interested in a light-skinned man in the same railway car. 她在火车上遇见

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 异类:不一样的成功启示录

By Lisa Schlein Geneva 01 October 2007 The U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees, Antonio Guterres, is calling for new strategies and greater international commitment to deal with increasing numbers of people fleeing their homes. At the start of the UN

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

Demonstrators across Asia are renewing demands that Japanese leaders give justice to women forced into sexual slavery during World War II. Hundreds of people have protested in front of the Japan Interchange Association in Taipei, demanding the Japane

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

M: Good afternoon, Miss. What can I do for you? W: Could you tell me my account balance? My account number is... M: Just a moment, please. Your name? W: Emily Smith. M: Here is your balance. W: Thank you. I want to make a withdrawal of 150 dollars.

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 想聊就聊

讲解文本: talk into 说服某人做某事 making concessions 做让步 concession 让步 I talked him into making concessions on the question. 我说服他在这个问题上作出让步。 疯狂练习吧!

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

(BBC News)Dennis Tito is the world's first ever space tourist. (英国国家广播公司报道)丹尼斯.提多是世界上第一位到太空旅游的观光客。 He spent 20 million dollars for the 8-day trip to space. 为期八天的太空之旅花

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄英语新闻听力通

A Father Vows To Save His Daughter From A Marriage He Forced Her Into AUDIE CORNISH, HOST: Child marriage is illegal in India, but it still happens to girls in rural areas. NPR has been following one family in northern India over the past year. There

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

今天分享的是结婚用语。 重点词汇 on-to-off-screen lovers 戏里戏外的情侣们 on screen 在荧幕上 off screen 在生活中(不在荧幕上) fake vt.假装; n.骗子; 冒牌货,赝品 When two people are forced to fake a roma

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

Cicero, a public-spirited lawyer, had discovered the plot, had warned the Senate, and had forced Catiline to flee. But there were other young men with similar ambitions and it was no time for idle talk. 一个颇具公众精神的律师西塞罗察觉了

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生人类历史

Google has agreed to make some changes to its business practices as a result of a 20-month investigation by the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The FTC accused the search giant of unfair conduct in the use of its Motorola patents and ordered it to

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

The video, captured by a private drone, shows a Chinese fighter jet making a landing while the drone attempts to keep pace with the aircraft. It's still unclear when or where the video was shot. However, analysis of the video suggests the drone and t

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

十一、The + ~er + S + V, ~~~ the + ~er + S + V ~~~ The + more + Adj + S + V, ~~~ the + more + Adj + S + V ~~~(愈...愈...) 例句:The harder you work, the more progress you make. 你愈努力,

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

By Noel King Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo 17 October 2007 Prospects for children in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo are darkening, as fighting continues between forces loyal to dissident General Laurent Nkunda and the Congolese army. Prote

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

I had so much fun visiting my family for the New Year. Now I'm back on campus and I really miss them! 我新年回家的时候特别开心。现在我回到学校了,真的好想他们啊! I wanna go back so bad! I really miss my parents and my l

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 OMG美语

Traveling the world and exploring new places can change your life. It exposes you to new cultures and can help shape your mindset. 游览世界、探索新天地,可以改变你的生活。它使你有机会接触新文化,而且有助于你的思维

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(156) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Ruby Jones. Voice 2 And Im Ryan Geertsma. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 3 It was very difficult to disput

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

今天我们要学的词是wreak havoc。 Wreak, 动词,在这里是造成的意思,havoc, 指混乱破坏,连在一起,to wreak havoc, 意思是造成严重破坏。美国东岸很多地区周末遭遇暴风雪天气。 The blizzard conditio

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

9. How many people are there in your party? 请问你们共有几位? 还能这样说: How many people do you have? How many people will go for the dinner? 应用解析: be a party to sth. 与某事发生关系,参与某事; make one's part

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

My Story, Your Song来自于孙燕姿和仓木麻衣。歌曲开头给我们抛出了很多问题:Is your smile genuine 你是真心的微笑吗?Are you that really kind 你是真的那么善良吗?Do you like money what it can bring?你喜欢财

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

这首歌的英文版由美国著名歌手 Christina Aguilera演唱。这种中式寓意深刻的词藻,西方流行歌手特殊的音质,中西结合,再加上对精神自由的执着追求,让这首《Reflection》成为迪斯尼电影经典主

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(198) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲