Armed DRC Militias Pose Risk for Children A family seperated When rebels attacked their village, siblings Imani, Anicet, Baraka and Kibonge - who is just four years old - were forced to flee into the surrounding forests. Their parents were out gettin

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十二月)

If you scold him, you are like a nanny to him; If he scolds you, it is because he cares for you. If you break your promise, you cannot be trusted; If he breaks his, he is forced to do so. If you smoke, you are a bad girl; If he smokes, he is a gentl

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

介绍: waist length hair 及腰的长发 Your waist-length hair might be shorter if you're shorter. 你的及腰长发可能会短,如果你身高矮的话。 shampoo /??m?pu?/ 洗发水 conditioner /k?n?d??.?n.?/ 护发素 I've been sick and tire

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

A: OK, now let's go on to talk about initial deposits. 好了,现在让我们来谈谈首次存款吧。 B: Good idea. How much do I need to deposit? 好主意。我需要存多少钱? A: For Agreement Savings, we ask for 100,000 RMB. 对协定存款

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 银行英语情景口语

Sea World is one of the most famous parks in the world. Thousands of people visit each year. Most of them go to see the dolphins and whales perform tricks. This is something they could never see in the wild. Sea World has been under a lot of pressure

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第4级听力-English Level 4

A: Can I ask you some questions about the in-flight instructions? B: I would be happy to help you clarify anything you need help with. A: Could you help me find out where my nearest exit is? B: There is a card in your seat pocket that shows you where

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语对话

It was a chilly spring night. He was staying at a hotel. He was a runner. He had been running for 20 years. It was good for his health. He was 38 years old. He had two young sons. They often went running with him. But they were at home. He put on his

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

The UN refugee agency and 10 other partners are launching a nationwide campaign to help the victims of forced displacement in Colombia. The campaign will use the Internet to make the public aware of the displacement crisis and to provide practical i

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(七月)

Syrian and Kurdish sources say a small group of Syrian rebels entered the besieged town of Kobani to fight Islamic State extremists there. Kurdish forces are also on their way in. Lava from Hawaii's Kilauea volcano destroyed an empty shed. A two-stor

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2014(十一)月

Each year since two thousand one, the American State Department has published a Trafficking in Persons Report. It measures efforts by countries to fight human trafficking. This year's report, out Monday, adds the United States for the first time. The

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(六)月

By Cache Seel Cairo 29 August 2007 Smoke from burning cars rise after clashes broke out in the streets of Shiite holy city of Karbala, south of Baghdad, Iraq, 28 Aug 2007 Iraqi authorities say they have restored calm to the Shi'ite holy city of Karba

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(八月)

Senegalese authorities have arrested seven Koranic teachers for forcing children to beg in Dakar. Senegalese police arrested the seven Koranic teachers, also known as marabouts, after the government announced a crackdown on begging in the capital. Hu

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(九)月

School Shootings Shock Connecticut Town Residents of Newtown gathered Friday evening for religious services amid a prevailing mood of shock and horror. Alex Ortner is the father of two toddlers and says his heart goes out to the victims. At think tha

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十二月)

Major Powers to Take Bigger Role in Syria Talks LONDON Senior U.S. and Russian officials are to take a bigger role in the U.N.-sponsored talks on Syria's future that reconvened in Geneva Monday. The move comes as the Syrian government and opposition

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(二月)

Russia, China Downgraded in US Trafficking Report Modern-Day Slavery Human trafficking is a worldwide problem, with an estimated 27 million people trapped in modern-day slavery. Only a small fraction of them, about 46,000, were identified last year,

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(六月)

Good morning, everyone. Concerns over the global mining industry continue to grow after shares in one of the worlds biggest miners Anglo American fell by more than 10% overnight after the company announced a major restructuring plans. Now Anglo Ameri

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2015年

今天我们要学的词是discrimination。 Discrimination, 歧视。大家都知道, racial discrimination, 是种族歧视; gender discrimination, 是性别歧视,不过,歧视不仅局限于此,比如说,还有age discrimination年龄歧

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Germany'closes chapter'on Nazi past 德国欲给纳粹历史划上句号 2.3m people may have survived Nazi slave camps 纳粹集中营可能有230万人幸存了下来 A fund to compensate people forced into slave labour by the Nazi regime during th

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

今天我们要学的词是about-face。 About-face, 是改变方向的意思。华盛顿邮报说,就在财政部长盖特纳公布解决不良资产的相关计划的几天前, Treasury Secretary Geithner and his team made a sudden about-face, 财

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是interstate. Interstate 做为名词,有州际高速公路的意思。A bridge collapsed in Southern California, and forced the indefinite closure of Interstate 10. 美国加州南部的一座桥梁倒塌,迫使十号州际

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃