文本: Power, it's the type of thing most people don't think about, until it's taken away.Whether it's the political power of the many, or a lover's influence over just one.We all want some sort of power in our lives, if only to give ourselves cho

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

AS IT IS 2016-03-01 American College Student Detained in North Korea 美国大学生被朝鲜扣押 An American college student detained in North Korea last month has appeared in public in North Korea. Otto Warmbier appeared at a North Korean press c

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(三)月

能言善辩 ☆Shall we sign the agreement now? 我们现在签协议好吗? ★OK, the agreement is ready for signature. 好的,协议已经拟好准备签字了。 ★We both want to sign an agreement, and we have to make some concessions to d

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸英语一点通

win最常见就是用做动词表示赢和获胜。例如: Their team won the game.他们队赢得了比赛。 但也要注意,win后面可加比赛表示在比赛中获胜,但不能直接加人来表示打败某人。 如果说打败某人而获胜可说: I beat him down.我击败他。 但如果说: I won her.意思就不是我

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 蒋健棠一词多意

今天学的词是scandal。Scandal就是丑闻,丢脸的事。你肯定会说,噢,这个词我熟悉,听多了。报导说,最近两年来, ...national and local scandals have polluted the political atmosphere for GOP candidates, 全国和地

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! Thank you!

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

In Australia, its not just livestock hit hard by draught, but the next generation of farmers. At 24, Robert Watt, a farmer from Alectown, a region of Australia, has had seven seasons on the farm, but not one year of profit. He says the draught, plus

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2008年

ILO Warns of Sanctions Over Burma's Forced Labor Practices The International Labor Organization has warned the Burmese military junta to end forced labor or risk triggering sanctions from ILO member s

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--国政军事聚焦

A: How are you? B: Im fabulous. A: What can I help you with? B: I need to make a withdrawal. A: How much are you withdrawing today? B: I need $300. A: What account would you like to take this money from? B: Take it from my checking account. A: Heres

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-银行

A: Will you be voting? B: I cant wait to vote. A: Who are you voting for? B: The person Im voting for is the best. A: What do you like about him? B: He is very intelligent. A: You think so? B: Thats right. Plus, I agree with his policies. A: Im glad

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

The hot season is rapidly approaching. 畅销季节马上要到来了。 What can I do for you? 我能为您做什么吗? The hot season is rapidly approaching. We hope you will send the air-conditioners as soon as possible. 畅销季节马上要到来

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 玩转商务英语900句

Hello, I am Mellisa Long here at the CNN Center at Atlanta with a look at some of the stories that are happening NOW IN THE NEWS on this Thursday, December 4th. The Big Three CEOs are back in Washington two weeks after lawmakers lectured them and mo

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2008年(十二)月

White House Rejects Allegations that Aristide was Kidnapped Paula Wolfson The Bush administration is rejecting allegations Jean-Bertrand Aristide was forced to resign as president of Haiti and left th

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻

模仿句子:From there he told me through an interpreter that he was forced to drop out of school after taking part in anti-government protests at the beginning of the uprising. 翻译:在那里,他通过翻译告诉我,在暴动之初他参加

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

besiege,v (被敌人)包围;(被询问等)纠缠,强求=overwhelm=harass=beset 【例】I was besieged by problems 我为难题所困Troy was besieged by the Greeks 特洛伊城被希腊人围攻。 【记】be被动,siege(n 围攻

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 不择手段背单词

Hello, I am Naamua Delaney at the CNN Center in Atlanta, and here is a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. A Tennessee high school student shot and killed another student in their school cafeteria this morning. Knoxville police say they have t

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(八)月

听歌学英语:韩国动听抒情Camilla(Broken) Artist:Camilla Song:Broken Waking again Don't know why it's far too still tonight Round my bed shadows fall Thinking of you, where you are And how it got this far Wondering when you might call Tir

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

今天我们要学的词是U-turn。 U-turn, 是180度转弯,掉头的意思,经常用来指彻底转变。 He made a U-turn on his campaign promise of lowering taxes after being elected, 他当选后,彻底改变了减税的竞选誓言。 He

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

JAKARTA, Nov. 22 (Xinhua) -- Two fans died in a stampede at the Southeast Asian Games football final in Jakarta, a report said on Tuesday. The two men, wearing Indonesian red-and-white football team T- shirts were taken to hospital at 8:30 p.m., arou

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Her navy had been sunk. She had been forbidden to make war without Roman permission. 迦太基的全部军舰被沉入海底,从此失去了海军;不经罗马人的许可它没有发动战争的权力; She had been condemned to pay the Romans

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生人类历史