Myanmar Drops in US Human Trafficking Report The American State Department says Myanmars human trafficking situation has worsened. It lowered the countrys position on the State Departments yearly human trafficking report. 美国国务院称,缅甸人

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: Atia Abawi is used to looking at war as a journalist. She covered war in Iraq and in Afghanistan, which is the country her own family fled in the early 1980s. But when the stories she wanted to tell pushed up against the limits o

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

被伊斯兰国掳获的妇女儿童命运凄惨 The Islamic State militant group, also known as ISIS or ISIL, has captured hundreds of women and girls over the last few months. The very few who have been able to escape tell stories of rape, forced m

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年10月

Slavery is officially illegal in every nation on earth. But that hasn`t stopped it from happening. We`ve reported that there have been more slavers worldwide in recent years than there have been at any time in human history. 世界上所有国家,奴

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2017年11月

警方赶到了本杰明家。发现他家的锁被砸坏了,屋内被翻得一片狼藉。这真的是小偷干的吗?来看看吧。 Listen Read Learn Policeman: What's the matter here? Benjamin: Somebody broke into my house in the morning. Policeman: When did you find out? Benjamin: Abou

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

迷你对话: A:Its really terrible! B:What are you talking about? A:Dont you see many parents areforcing there childrens handsto learn something they think important to their children. But the children are not interested in it at all. B:You said i

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

Model 2 My house has been robbed! Operator: Colchester Police Station. Can I help you? Jane: I hope so. My house has been robbed. Operator: Where do you live? Jane: 2B Southbank Road. Operator: When did you discover the burglary Jane: When I got home

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 2

By Kari Barber Goma 02 January 2008 Much effort is made to stop the recruitment of child soldiers in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, but aid agencies say thousands of children still fight on the front lines of the rebel war. United Nations offi

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(一月)

This is the VOA Special English Development Report. Adults drink tea as a child laborer works in Bangalore, India, last June. A new report estimates the cost of forced labor. Millions of workers worldwide are denied more than twenty billion dollars

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(六)月

People from Latin America, Asia trafficked to the US for sex, labor Elizabeth Lee | Washington, DC 24 May 2010 A study by The Human Smuggling and Trafficking Center finds nearly 83 percent of suspected human trafficking incidents involve the sex trad

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

Amnesty warns of M23 Rebel Abuses Amnesty international says the displacement of thousands of people in the eastern DRC has created both a humanitarian and a human rights crisis. Amnesty International researcher Theo Boutruche says the M23 rebels hav

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十一月)

加州加紧打击人口贩卖活动 A recent U.S. State Department report says 27 million people worldwide are subject to forced labor and sexual slavery. A major effort is under way in California to fight the problem. 人口贩卖是当今国际社会

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2012年7月

The Australian share market has tumbled close to 1.5-month low with commodity prices like cooper and gold hit multi-year lows, and fears grow about the impact of a likely interest rate rise next month. Right now, the All Ords is down 1.6%. The ASX 20

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2015年

School bullying is a growing problem in China. The education authorities have launched a campaign to curb it. School bullying is happening more frequently in China. Many students even record and post the incidents online. Professor Zhang Jing has bee

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

By Nico Colombant Dakar 07 April 2008 A woman once forced into a life of sexual slavery and domestic labor has filed suit against the government of Niger. The case is being heard by the court of the Economic Community of West African states. The cour

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(四月)

介绍: 1. Nothing wrong with a parent trying to set their kids up, so long as the kid is receptive to it. And at times it works out and a happy ending follows. 父母给孩子安排婚事没有错,只要小孩能接受。有时候这样也行得通,

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

地点:莫妮卡和钱德勒公寓 人物:莫妮卡,钱德勒 事件:钱德勒请钟点工来家里打扫,并劝说莫妮卡给人家一个机会。 Monica: Oh my God! You cleaned! Look at these floors! You did the windows! Oh, I have been

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

A man shot by police after his 12-year-old son was killed at a sports field near Melbourne has now died in hospital. The boy was found dead from head injuries at the oval in Tyabb yesterday. Police tried to subdue his father with capsicum spray(辣椒喷

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2014年

Making news this morning, Jetstar has been forced to cancel a number of flights in and out of Bali because of a volcanic eruption. Jetstars flights on their way to Denpasar from Sydney and Melbourne were forced to turn around after Mount Raung erupte

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2015年

今天我们要学的词是 intruder. intruder 的意思是侵入者,不速之客。When drones buzzing over the runway forced London's busy Gatwick Airport to shut down, many travelers wondered why it is so hard for authorities to stop such intrud

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃