All our arguing with him would not avail; let him be, I say: 愿上天保佑,保佑基督徒和异教徒们吧, and Heaven have mercy on us allPresbyterians and Pagans alikefor we are all somehow dreadfully cracked about the head, and sadly need

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

He hain't been a sittin' so all day, has he? said the landlady. 你这么坐了一天了? 老板娘问。 But all we said, not a word could we drag out of him; I almost felt like pushing him over, so as to change his position, 魁魁格不回答任何

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Go for the locksmith, there's one about a mile from here. 离这儿一英里有个锁匠,把他叫来不,等一等! But avast! putting her hand in her side-pocket, here's a key that'll fit, I guess; let's see. 她把手伸进自己的口袋,迅

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

I was surprised to behold resting against the wall the wooden shaft of Queequeg's harpoon, which the landlady the evening previous had taken from him, before our mounting to the chamber. 对,那是昨天让老板娘收走的标枪!这是怎么回事

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

CHAPTER 17.The Ramadan. 第17章 斋戒 As Queequeg's Ramadan, or Fasting and Humiliation, was to continue all day, I did not choose to disturb him till towards night-fall; 魁魁格的斋戒大概要做一天,所以我不急于回旅店。 for I c

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Arter that,Sal said it would not do.Come along here, I 'll give ye a glim in a jiffy;and so saying he lighted a candle and held it towards me,offering to lead the way. But I stood irresolute;when looking at a clock in the corner, he exclaimed I vum i

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Thinks I,Queequeg,under the circumstances,this is a very civilized overture;but,the truth is, these savages have an innate sense of delicacy,say what you will;it is marvellous how essentially polite they are. I pay this particular compliment to Queeq

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

he never moved his lips.All these strange antics were accompanied by still stranger guttural noises from the devotee, who seemed to be praying in a sing song or else singing some pagan psalmody or other,during which his face twitched about in the mos

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

But New Bedford beats all Water Street and Wapping.In these last mentioned haunts you see only sailors; but in New Bedford,actual cannibals stand chatting at street corners;savages outright;many of whom yet carry on their bones unholy flesh.It makes

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

CHAPTER 9.The Sermon. Father Mapple rose,and in a mild voice of unassuming authority ordered the scattered people to condense. Starboard gangway,there!side away to larboard larboard gangway to starboard!Midships!midships! There was a low rumbling of

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

As sinful men,it is a lesson to us all,because it is a story of the sin,hard heartedness,suddenly awakened fears, the swift punishment,repentance,prayers,and finally the deliverance and joy of Jonah.As with all sinners among men, the sin of this son

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

How being an anointed pilot prophet,or speaker of true things,and bidden by the Lord to sound those unwelcome truths in the ears of a wicked Nineveh, Jonah,appalled at the hostility he should raise,fled from his mission,and sought to escape his duty

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

CHAPTER 15. Chowder. 第15章 鳘鱼与蛤蜊 It was quite late in the evening when the little Moss came snugly to anchor, and Queequeg and I went ashore; 暮色之中,摩斯号靠了岸。 so we could attend to no business that day, at least none

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Our appetites being sharpened by the frosty voyage, and in particular, 我们的食欲被寒冷的航行消耗殆尽,特别是, Queequeg seeing his favourite fishing food before him, 魁格看到他最钟爱的海味食物摆在他面前, and the cho

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Ever since young Stiggs coming from that unfort'nt v'y'ge of his, when he was gone four years and a half, with only three barrels of ile, 自从那位可怜的小伙子斯替格死在客房里以后,唉,他出海四年半,只带回三桶鱼杂碎

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Chapter 16. The Ship. 第16章 裴廓德号 In bed we concocted our plans for the morrow. But to my surprise and no small concern, 在床上,我们开始商量具体的出海计划。 让我吃惊的是, Queequeg now gave me to understand, that h

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Bildad, cried Captain Peleg, at it again, Bildad, eh? Ye have been studying those Scriptures, now, for the last thirty years, to my certain knowledge. 嗨,比勒达,又念上啦!研究你的圣书都三十年了, How far ye got, Bildad? 如今研

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Nor will it at all detract from him, dramatically regarded, if either by birth or other circumstances, 他身上有与大自然相谐的宁和与恬美, he have what seems a half wilful overruling morbidness at the bottom of his nature. 也有自然斗

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Have ye shipped in her? he repeated. 是不是,当上了那只船的水手? You mean the ship Pequod, I suppose, said I, trying to gain a little more time for an uninterrupted look at him. 你说的是裴廓德号吗? 我争取着时间,又注意

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Something of the salt sea yet lingered in old Bildad's language, heterogeneously mixed with Scriptural and domestic phrases. 比勒达的口音中夹杂着水手腔、家乡土语和《圣经》上的话,显得有几分刺耳。 Avast there, avast

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记