No longer was it an ice stream, patch, or field--it was an endless, immovable barrier formed by ice mountains fused to each other. 在周围的不是冰流、冰圈、冰田,而是接合在一起、无穷无劲屹立不动的一片冰山。 The Ice

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

So the Nautilus had to halt in its venturesome course among these tracts of ice. 所以,诺第留斯号就在冰场中间停止了它的冒险行动。 Sir, Ned Land told me that day, if your captain goes any farther.Yes? 先生,那一天尼德兰对

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Indeed, despite its efforts, despite the powerful methods it used to split this ice, the Nautilus was reduced to immobility. 的确,不管它怎样努力,不管它用来冲破冰块的力量有多强大,诺第留斯号终归弄得纹丝不动。

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Equipped with picks, some ten men climbed onto the Nautilus's sides and cracked loose the ice around the ship's lower plating, which was soon set free. 十来个船员走到诺第留斯号两旁,他们拿着尖镐,凿开船身周围的冰,船身不

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

The Nautilus adopted an average speed of twenty-six miles per hour, the speed of an express train. 诺第留斯号这时的速度是每小时二十六海里的中常速度,即特别快车的速度。 If it kept up this pace, forty hours would do it

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

So the Ice Bank was higher here than we had found it on the outskirts. 这时冰层所有的高度,是超过我们在它边岸所记录的高度。 A circumstance less than encouraging. 情形有些使人不安呢。 Several times that day, the Nau

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

During this period the fish Conseil and I observed differed little from those we had already studied in other latitudes. 康塞尔和我在这个期间所观察到的鱼类,跟我门在别的纬度下研究过的,并没有多大差别。 Chief am

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

THE NAUTILUS didn't change direction. For the time being, then, we had to set aside any hope of returning to European seas. 诺第留斯号行驶的方向没有改变。所以,再回到欧洲海岸去的所有希望暂时都要抛弃了。 Captain

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Yes, sir. Our propeller is jammed. 是的,先生。推进器不动了。 I think the horn-covered mandibles of one of these squid are entangled in the blades. That's why we aren't moving. 我想是一条枪乌贼的下颚骨绞进了轮叶中,使我

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

As discovered by Commander Maury, the true source of the Gulf Stream, its starting point, if you prefer, is located in the Bay of Biscay. 如果你愿意知道的话,海湾暖流的真正源头,也就是说,它的出发点是莫里船长发现的

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

toadfish covered with a crosswise yellow band in the shape of a Greek t, 纹着一条条形如希腊字母t的黄绑带的两栖鱼; swarms of little freckled gobies stippled with brown spots, 身上长着许多小褐点的小虾虎鱼; lungfish

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

In short, I can admire you and comfortably go with you while playing a role I only partly understand; 一句话,我很佩服您,您可以毫无顾忌地扮演您的角色,那个我在某些方面了解的角色; but I still catch glimpses of

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

But my companions and I would be willing to safeguard this manuscript, and if you give us back our freedom... 但我,我的同伴,我们随时准备着保护这本手稿,如果您让我们自由的话 Your freedom! Captain Nemo put in, standing

The Canadian and I sat him up; we massaged his contracted arms, 我和加拿大人赶紧把他扶起来,用力给他按摩。 and when he regained his five senses, that eternal classifier mumbled in a broken voice: 当他缓过神时,这位永远的

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

These were manatees, which belong to the order Sirenia, like the dugong and Steller's sea cow. 这些海牛像海马和大海马一样,属于人鱼目。 Harmless and unaggressive, these fine animals were six to seven meters long and must have weig

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Above, because the Ice Bank's underbelly spread over us like an immense ceiling. 船上面,因为冰山的下层冰面遮起来,像宽阔的天花板。 Below, because the somersaulting block, shifting little by little, had found points of purcha

We must confer with Captain Nemo, Conseil said. 需要问一下尼摩船长。康塞尔说。 But where do we find him? Ned Land asked. 到哪里去找他呢?尼德兰问。 Follow me, I told my two companions. 你们跟我来。我对我的两个同

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

I sat up in bed, listening in the darkness, and then was suddenly hurled into the middle of my stateroom. 我立即起来坐在床上,黑暗里细心听,这时候,我突然被抛到房子中间去。 Apparently the Nautilus had gone aground, th

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Breakfast over, I made my way ashore. 早餐完了,我就到地上去。 The Nautilus had gone a few more miles during the night. 诺第留斯号在夜间又向上前进了好几海里。 It lay well out, a good league from the coast, which was cro

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

As a precaution, the panels in the lounge stayed closed, because the Nautilus's hull could run afoul of some submerged block of ice. 为了谨慎起见,客厅的嵌板完全关闭起来。这是因为诺第留斯号船壳可能碰到一些沉在水中

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物