AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster, we meet an English teacher who plays our program to his students, much to our delight. RS: What's surprising is that Brian Backman teaches right here in America, and his students

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

In this episode, we are Cleaning Up, or making ourselves clean. 在这故事中,我们在清洁,或者说使自我变得洁净。 I go into my bathroom, I begin the story, sometime around 6:45 a.m. 故事开始,我去卫生间,在早上6点45分

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 ESL杰夫的一天

Chapter 1 The World Through a Spy-Glass 第1章 透过小望远镜看到的世界 You may never have seen your own face. 你从来都没看过你自己的脸。 This may surprise you and you may say it isn't so but it is so. 这样说可能让你惊讶

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

Todd: OK. Hello! Can I have your name please? 你好!请问你叫什么? Cat: Cat. 卡特。 Todd: Cat! Uh, is that short for something? 卡特!这是简称还是? Cat: Short for Kathryn. 凯瑟琳的简称。 Todd: Kathryn. OK, Kathryn. What

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: No, you don't wanna go anywhere. And that's why the same shit is gonna keep happening to you, because you want it to. 不,是你太不长进了。所以这些衰事才会找上你,这都是你自

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

He was standing a few feet away from me, arms folded, looking at me curiously. There was no menace in his face or stance. 他站在离我只有几英尺远的地方,交叠着双臂,好奇地看着我。他的表情和站姿没有透露出半点威胁

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

It's your choice if you wanna learn For learning is available anytime and anywhere You just have to find time Even your experiences can teach you lesson about life 如果你想学习 你可以做出选择 学习在任何时间、任何地方都可以进

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 瞬间秒杀听力

On February 1, 1831, the Englishman Biscoe discovered Enderby Land at latitude 68 degrees 50', Adelaide Land at latitude 67 degrees on February 5, 1832, and Graham Land at latitude 64 degrees 45' on February 21. 1831年2月1日,英国人比斯哥在南

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

What's the first thing yout do when your family gets to your hotel room? Several recent studies suggest it might be a good idea to pull out a package of antibacterial wipes and give your room a quick once-over. 当你和家人入住酒店时,第一件

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

to rub elbows elbow room 今天我们要给大家介绍和elbow这个字有关的常用语。Elbow就是胳膊肘儿。许多诗人喜欢描写漂亮的脸或美丽的身材,可是没有人描写胳膊

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

今天要学的俚语是七十年代开始出现的说法:fat farm。farm原意是农场或者牧场,可是fat farm绝对不是牛肥马壮的牧场;正相反,fat farm是减肥兼度假的地方。 人们去fat farm住上一些日子,是为了寻

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

Almost heaven 就像是天堂 West Virginia 西维吉尼亚州 Blue ridge mountain shenandoah river 有蓝色山脊的群山和雪纳杜河 life is old there 在那儿生命是古老的 older than the trees 比森林更古老 younger than the mountai

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英乐时空

A couple of years ago, I went travelling around Europe and I think my favorite country was Turkey. I didn't see a lot of the country as such. I think we spent about 7 days in Istanbul, which was an amazing place. It was really, really interesting bec

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

A new day brings a new challenge.There's another island ahead. 新的一天又有新的挑战 前方又有一个小岛 I can see land over there,where the current's taking me. 我看到陆地了 洋流正把我带过去 But between me and the sanctua

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 荒野求生

听歌学英语:心的地方,新的模样 New Kid in Town New Kid In Town,镇上新来的小子,来自于The Eagles 老鹰乐队。喜爱英文歌曲的人没有几个不知道Hotel California(加州旅馆)和Take It Easy,这两首空前绝后

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

套路Ⅰ:假装离开 既然是套路,那我们要怎么说呢? Fine, Ill go look around then. 行吧。我再转转。 如果你演技不错,练习得当, 在熟练应用后,可以适当加戏: I saw it before for 5 bucks, I could go

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

We're at the bottom.Here something is definitely warmer.Let's get go. 我们已经到山脚了 这里明显的比较暖和 继续前进 You can walk here for days and see no evidence of civilization. 你即便在这徒步几天也未必能碰到人烟

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 荒野求生

Well,that shouldn't have been hooked up.Anyway somebody.You ok?Yeah! 好吧 这个本应该被拔掉电源的 你还好吗? 还好 Ok,Well,here,this is really interesting.I don't think you've seen this. 好吧 这里 这真的很有趣 我认为你们

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀

Over the rainbow E. Y. Harburg Somewhere over the rainbow Way up high Theres a land that I heard of Once in a lullaby Somewhere over the rainbow Skies are blue And the dreams that you dare to dream Really do come true Someday I'll wish upon a star An

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

(1) Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam, Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home! A charm from the skies seems to hallow us there, Which seek through the world, is ne'er met with elsewhere, Home! Home! Sweet, sweet Home! There's

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(178) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读