Marissa 和同事 Hank 正在讨论吸烟的问题。Hank 说,有不少研究都发现,涨价确实能起到一定的抑制作用,促使一部分人戒烟。Marissa 说, M: I see. The high prices act as the straw that broke the camel's back.

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

晚宴结束,Jason跟同事Harold一起往外走。Jason说: Jason: That was a lovely party, wasn't it? Harold: Yes, it was. The food was pretty good, too. J: I was a little puzzled about something, though. H: What was that? J: At one point in ou

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司主管 Lenny 要接受媒体采访,请媒体咨询公司的Carl帮他准备。Carl告诉Lenny, 记者一上来会问几个简单问题,但不能因此而放松警惕。Carl说: C: Remember to keep your game face on. It's really important

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Henry买了最新的超小电脑Orange SuperCom 4,拿给同事Sara和Mark看。Sara问他: Sara: So did you already own an Orange SuperCom 3? Henry: Yeah, I sold it on eBay last week. M: I used to rush out and buy the latest gadgets as well, but

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

There is just something about them. Maybe its the way they plow through bamboo with no regard to dinner table etiquette, or maybe its the leisurely strolls. From the outset, a pandas life appears to be pretty easy. But appearances dont tell the whol

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2008年

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他到办公室去找美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) C:Amy, 今天晚上的表演你去吗? A:Yes, I'm looking forward to it. Our new boss, Mr. Brown, is being kind to take us all to celebrate the

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他跟美国同事Amy一起走出会议室。 (Office ambience) C:Amy, 今天我第一次主持会议。你觉得怎么样? A:I thought you did well considering that you have not been in that position b

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他遇到美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) A:Hi Chen Hao, how are you today? C:还不错,你呢? A:I'm fine, just taking a quick break. C:我刚才看到一件怪事。 A:What? C:我在走廊

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公关部主任Janet Liu召集下属开会,询问中东代表团的活动安排。 Janet Liu: Good morning, Silvia. Good morning, Pete. How is my public relations team doing today? Silvia Kranson: Morning, Ms. Liu. Pete Chan: Very well, thank you.

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Kim跟朋友Anita一起去吃饭。Anita想跟公司要求涨工资,可是不知道怎么开口,Kim给她出主意。 I can present quite a bit of hard data to demonstrate my usefulness to the company. K: That's great! Then you have to figure out

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Paul和Sara夫妇俩跟老朋友Jesse和Miika一起吃饭。 P: It's so good to see you guys! It's been forever! M: We should try to set a monthly dinner date...we've missed you! S: So what's new? J: Tracy just turned four. She's growing ridiculously

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司开会讨论支出账目,经理Tim和会计部主任John告诉大家,要紧缩开支,首先从员工可报销的账目下手。Tim说, Tim: I'm not going to sugarcoat it: we'll have to cut back on our expenses or we'll have to cut back

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司开会讨论支出账目,经理Tim和会计部主任John告诉大家要紧缩开支,首先从员工可报销的账目下手。 Tim (manager): Ok, now for the last item on our agenda: expense accounts. Let me turn the meeting over to our chi

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

来自中国的雇员Sue跟男同事Pete和女同事Julie一起去吃饭。三个人谈到了东西方的迷信。Sue说, S: What about walking under a ladder? What's wrong with that? J: You know, I'm not really sure! But it's probably a good idea

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Language Points 1.Good morning, class. 2.Please turn to chapter 1 in Very Fucking English. 3.Chapter 2: business etiquette 4.Foreigners in Japan 5.What do you want from life, class?

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 爆笑英语口语

Broadcast on Coast to Coast: December 5, 2002 MUSIC: Lose Yourself/Eminem (8 Mile soundtrack) AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster -- the art of rap. This form of music sprang from the hip-hop culture of young, urban

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

Topic1 Anti-drowning lessonsA primary school in central China's Henan Province has started an 'anti-drowning class' head of their upcoming summer holidays. Young students are supposed to experience the feeling of suffocation during this lesson. What

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Dear Annie: I have been dating a wonderful man who is very special but has absolutely no table etiquette. I know I should try to overlook it, but I can't. Jed talks with his mouth full, chows down as if he hasn't eaten in a month, uses his fingers to

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Get your gob in gear for a night! That was the invitation to a recent event in London celebrating the art of kissing. People were asked to put on lip gloss, press their mouths against a piece of card and then write a message describing a memorable sm

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Helen: This is Real English from BBC Learning English. Im Helen. Jean: 我是董征. Helen: Today were going to look at words and phrases that are often seen in the newspapers or heard on the television. Jean: 想要跟上时代,不妨收听Real En

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版