中国雇员Cathy要去美国考察,她找美国同事Mark了解美国文化,以免在待人接物的时候在礼节方面闹笑话。 K: If I'm using public transport...should I give up my seat if I see elderly people? M: Yes. I think that's pro

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

There is just something about them. Maybe its the way they plow through bamboo with no regard to dinner table etiquette, or maybe its the leisurely strolls. From the outset, a pandas life appears to be pretty easy. But appearances dont tell the whole

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2008年

Bad-Mannered South Africans Go Back to School JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA When people find out what Courtenay Carey does for a living, their body language changes. They stand up straighter; they might not talk to me as much, says the smiling, elegant

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(八月)

You often hear safety rules about how not to use your cell phone. What about etiquette rules for restaurants or other places? Actually it just happened, I was in the bathroom when some guy in the next urinal was taking a call. This guy suffers on the

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

Liu: (having lunch with Joseph) have you ever been invited to a Chinese feast? Joesph:sure. Beijingers are distinguished for their warmth and hospitality. L: as far as you could see, is dining at a Chinese table a distinct experience? To what extent

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

T: hi, Betty.what's up? B: nothing special. how about you? Are you used to the life here in the States? T: evertything has been fine for the past several months. B: great! T: well, I wish someone could talk to me about Western table manners B: sounds

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

公司老板Jerry召集手下Lisa和Ken开会,商量公司上市的问题。Lisa问Jerry,是不是真的下定决心了。 L: But Jerry, have you really thought this through? You would essentially be giving up the company that your great-grandfat

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

项目主管Donny急冲冲地来找老板Simon,因为公司即将竣工的加工厂突然遇到了麻烦,当地质检官员以建设标准不合格为由,索取贿赂,Simon表示,这个钱坚决不能给。Donny问要怎么办? D: What wo

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

David兴高彩烈地来找Peter。让我们听听他有什么好消息。 David: Peter! Have I got news for you! Peter: Wow, Dave...I've never seen you so excited. What's the occasion? D: Ok...you've known me for years, right? P: Uh huh. D: What's th

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司高管Peter, Jason和Helen开会讨论员工保健项目。大家都赞成把地下室改成健身中心。然而,Peter提出了一个棘手的问题。 P: Now comes the sensitive part - setting standards and setting penalties for non-complia

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

David要去面试,他准备穿什么呢?我们一起听听他跟好朋友Peter的对话。 D: I'm going to get there early and make sure I have my best outfit all washed and ironed way ahead of time. If I wait for the last minute, I know I'll pan

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

嘉宾:Debbie Mason 话题:Kate Middleton 走近凯特王妃 单词拼写: 1、Protocol:unwritten rules, official etiquette 2、Podium:a small platform used in a performance or a ceremony for prize presentation 3、Aspirational:ambitious,

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 聆听悦耳英音

Alvin didnt like the way the waiter walkedhe projected an air of arrogance. The waiter came to their table with three glasses in one hand and three menus in the other. His thumb and fingers were all over the insides of the glasses. Alvin was disguste

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

In much the same way as golf, snooker demands high standards of etiquette and behavior from all players, at all levels, at all times. This applies in the same way to a local league match as it does to

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他从复印机房出来,正好遇到美国同事Amy. (Office ambience) A:Hi Chen Hao. How are you today? C:出于礼貌,我也许应该说I am fine. 但实际上我正在气头上呢。 A:What's wr

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Broadcast on Coast to Coast: July 18, 2002 Re-broadcast on VOA News Now: July 21, 2002 AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster -- surviving a job interview! RS: Here's the first bit of advice from human resources consult

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

Every athlete dreams of that moment: standing on the highest podium, having a gold medal hung around their neck and watching with pride, as their country's flag is raised and the national anthem is played. International sports stars are used to being

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Topic 1-Young Chinese More Open to Diversity in Sexuality A UN report reveals that the sexual minority group still faces much prejudice in China, but there is a silver lining, as the younger Chinese generation is more open to the diversity in sexuali

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Frances industry minister 法国工业部长 Enfant terrible 顽童 Will Arnaud Montebourg stay in the French government? 阿尔诺蒙特布尔是否还会继续呆在法国政府? FOR sheer theatrical effect, it is hard to beat Arnaud Montebourg.

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

In 1509 Henry VIII ascended the throne.He would be King of England until his death. Author Alison Weir wrote the book, Henry VIII: The King and Court and here are some extracts from it. Henry VIII succeeded to the throne in 1509 to great acclaim. He

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16