Cindy看到同事Wendy很开心的样子。 Cindy: So Wendy, are you flying non-stop? Wendy: Washington DC to Beijing...non-stop. Amy: Oh that's lovely. The thing I hate the most about traveling is layovers. You have to get off the plane...get all yo

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司主管 Lenny 要接受媒体采访,让秘书 Jessica 帮他请了一个咨询顾问,预先做准备。Lenny 打电话问 Jessica: Lenny: Hey, Jessica...did you set up that appointment with the media consultant? Jessica: I sure did, boss. I

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Flower arranging and tea ceremony Flower arranging Flower arranging, or ikebana, is well known as a part of Japanese culture. This Japanese form of flower arranging evolved during the Heian period (

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 七田真超右脑英语学习法

Cell Phone Etiquette 手机礼仪你知多少? Recently on the facebook,Little things matter fans page,I wrote two posts on Cell Phone Etiquette. 最近在脸书小事业重要粉丝页面我发了两篇关于手机礼仪的帖子。 The comments I r

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语听力文章

Jimmy因为天性腼腆,所以每逢社交活动,一律能推就推。同事Brad和Pam努力说服Jimmy, 因为social networking是事业发展一个不可缺少的环节。Pam说, P: You know, I'm not such a big fan of company events myself. I

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Sarah转到新部门工作不久,在去吃午饭的路上遇到原来的同事Amanda. S: Hi Amanda, how are you? I've missed working with you and the whole gang since my transfer last week. A: We've missed you too. The office just isn't the same wi

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Sarah向原来的同事 Amanda 诉苦,说刚换了新工作,就赶上三个人过生日,都要凑份子,感觉心理很不平衡。Amanda 劝她说, A: If I were you, I would just bite the bullet and hand over the money. First impressions a

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Paul和Sara夫妇俩人跟老朋友Jesse和Miika 一起吃饭,Jesse刚失业,打算回去完成硕士学位。 P: But that's gonna take you at least two years to finish! J: Actually, I can do it in 10 months by online correspondence course. M: Yo

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

部门经理Paul Chen和他的上司Sue Krammer要开除一名雇员。 P: Sue, I really need your help with this one. S: Oh? What's the problem? P: I've been asked to fire Tom Smith. S: Oh...yeah...firing someone is hard. I've had to do it many time

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

MicroMax公司销售部主管Fred给客户Tom打电话,讨论涨价的事情。Fred要涨25%,Tom嫌太多。 F: I feel your pain, Tom. We are also in hot water these days. The global financial crisis is hitting all of us hard. T: Is there anyway

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪这小伙子正在和他的同事美籍华人Mary在一个美国餐馆吃午饭。两人正在点菜。 (Office ambience) C:Mary, 看到菜谱上的汤就让我想起一句英文:As the ships sail out to sea, I spoon my soup away from me. 不

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 职场礼节英语

There was a special day to celebrate, back in November. A friend of mine was graduating from a nursing program(me) which she had been in for two years. Normally, as a young student, two years of study isn't that much. However, she is in her forties,

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

1. Thousands gathered in and around St. Peter's Square for Pope Benedict's last general audience before he steps down Thursday. Crowds watched the Pope by giant television screens with an estimated 50,000 in St. Peter's Square. 2. Chuck Hagel is expe

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2013(三月)

How to Order at the Business Dinner 如何订商务晚餐 陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他跟美国同事Amy一起喝下午茶。 (Office ambience) A: Chen Hao, you've been attending a lot of business dinners lately. Didn't your team go

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

The Etiquette of Replying to E-mail 回复电子邮件的礼仪 陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他在走廊上遇见了美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) C:Amy,我找了你一整天。 A:What is it? C:我有个关于电子邮件的问题

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Ups and Downs of Elevator Etiquette 起伏的电梯礼仪 陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他走出电梯,刚好遇到美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) A: Hi Chen Hao, you look upset. What's wrong? C: 电梯太挤了,我差点就没下

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Freshers' Week 新生周 The UK has a well-respected higher education system and some of the top universities and research institutions in the world. But to those who are new to it all, it can be overwhelming and sometimes confusing. October is usual

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Topic1 Beijing hikes public transit faresBeijing citizens will say goodbye to the city's low price transportation system next month with the municipal government announcing subway and bus fare hikes. The new fares, which formally take hold on Decembe

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Subject: Get real. 迷你对话A: Maybe, we can develop a market for our product in Africa. 或许我们可以再非洲对我们的产品开拓一个市场。 B: Get real! According to our research, there is no market for our product in Africa. 别做

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

Graces story: Grandpas rules Grace水草:爷爷的规矩 Dialogue: This weekend when I went with my parents to my grandparents home to eat, I ran into a really distressing situation. 小祺:这周末我和爸妈去乡下爷爷奶奶家吃饭时,遇

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(224) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台