生活英语听力文章 第97期:手机礼仪知多少?(1)
时间:2018-12-18 作者:英语课 分类:生活英语听力文章
英语课
Cell Phone Etiquette 1 手机礼仪你知多少?
Recently on the facebook,Little things matter fans page,I wrote two posts on Cell Phone Etiquette. 最近在脸书小事业重要粉丝页面我发了两篇关于手机礼仪的帖子。
The comments I received clearly expressed passionate 2 opinions about proper use of cellphone. 评论中清楚地表达了他们对于合理使用手机的看法。
There was a strong concensus that talking on, text on and email from your cellphone in certain places and at certain times is inappropriate, irritating and downright rude. 关于在什么时间什么地点用手机打电话、发短信或者发邮件让人感到不合适、令人恼火甚至感到对方无礼,人们的观点相当一致。
I share their opinion. 我理解他们的观点。
If you don’t show respect and common courtesy when using your cell phone, you run the risk of aggravating 3 people and destroying your personal brand. 手机礼仪。如果在使用手机时不懂公共场合礼仪,不尊重他人,就有可能会惹恼别人,你的个人形象也会大打折扣。
On the other hand, if you use discretion 4 and follow the simple recommendations outlined below, you will be able to enhance the impression you make. 另一方面,如果遵循以下建议并使用恰当,别人对你的印象就会大大加分。
Let's take a look at when you want to avoid using your cell phone… 以下场合尽量不用手机:
1.In public places—When you are in public places where others can hear your conversation, you should avoid talking on your cell phone. 1.公共场所。在公共场所,别人会听到你的谈话内容,此时应该避免打电话。
When your phone rings, let it go into voicemail. 如果有人给你打电话,就让对方留言。
If you determine it is ABSOLUTELY critical to accept the call, be respectful of others. 如果你觉得某个电话非接不可,也得尊重旁人。
If possible walk outside or to a private area where others won’t be annoyed or distracted by your conversation. 如果可以的话,到外面或私人区域去听电话,这样就可以避免打扰他人或使他人分心。
If there is no escaping, then keep your voice down and cover your mouth to keep your voice from traveling and wrap up the call as soon as possible. 如果无处可去,那么请降低音量,用手挡住嘴巴以免声音外传并尽可能快地结束通话。
2.When spending time with the family—Unless you have a job that requires you to be on call 24 hours a day, 2.和家人在一起时。除非你的工作要求你24小时随叫随到,
be respectful of your family by not talking, texting or e-mailing people when you are together. 否则和家人在一起时不要和别人打电话,发短信或发邮件,尊重一下家人。
As an entrepreneur for the last twenty-nine years, I know there will be exceptions. 我从过去29年的企业家经历中知道,例外是无可避免的。
When I do make an exception I always apologize to my family members. 当我必须要在家人聚在一起时用电话,我经常会和他们说一声抱歉。
Once again, the example we set for our children will pave their way to appropriate and effective behavior. 再强调一遍,我们在孩子面前的所作所为将为他们日后成为举止得体有效的人奠定基础。
1 etiquette
n.礼仪,礼节;规矩
- The rules of etiquette are not so strict nowadays.如今的礼仪规则已不那么严格了。
- According to etiquette,you should stand up to meet a guest.按照礼节你应该站起来接待客人。
2 passionate
adj.热情的,热烈的,激昂的,易动情的,易怒的,性情暴躁的
- He is said to be the most passionate man.据说他是最有激情的人。
- He is very passionate about the project.他对那个项目非常热心。
3 aggravating
adj.恼人的,讨厌的
- How aggravating to be interrupted! 被打扰,多令人生气呀!
- Diesel exhaust is particularly aggravating to many susceptible individuals. 许多体质敏感的人尤其反感柴油废气。
4 discretion
n.谨慎;随意处理
- You must show discretion in choosing your friend.你择友时必须慎重。
- Please use your best discretion to handle the matter.请慎重处理此事。
标签:
生活英语