生活英语听力文章 第30期:建立持久人际关系(2)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:生活英语听力文章
英语课
You can make deposits to any relationship by starting to do the little things that show your interest and that you truly care. 你可以从你感兴趣和你真正关心的小事上开始对你的任一个人际关系进行投资。
Here are just a few of the 101 things you can do: 以下仅仅是101个你可以做的事情中的一部分。
Send an email just to say hi without asking for anything. 发封邮件不为任何事只为打声招呼。
Call to see how a son or daughter performed in a recent activity. 打电话看看最近一次活动中儿子或女儿的表现。
Send a card or email on a holiday or birthday to tell them you are thinking about them. 在节假日或生日时寄张贺卡或发封邮件告诉他们你很想念他们。
Express appreciation 1 through a thank-you note or phone call for something done for you. 通过感谢短信或电话向那些为你做了事情的人表达感谢。
Help them in times of need. 在他们需要时帮助他们,
Encourage them when starting new things. 当他们开始新事情时鼓励他们,
Compliment them on the things they do well. 当他们在某些事情上做的很好时赞扬他们,
Be a support during times of struggle and grief. 在他们挣扎和悲伤时支持他们。
I try my best to make regular deposits into all my relationships. 我一直尽力对我所有的人际关系进行定期的投资。
From listening to offering a helping 2 hand when needed, I am intentional 3 about putting more into the relationships I value than I ever plan to take out. 在他们需要的时候从倾听到提供帮助,我一直有意的去投入更多。
Not only does this give me satisfaction from knowing that this is the right thing to do, it feels good and draws me closer them. 这样做不仅让我感到满足,因为我做了正确的事情,而且我很舒服并且让我们靠的更近。
The best way to nurture 4 your relationships is to contribute to each of them according to their needs and expectations. 培养人际关系最好的方式就是根据他们的需要和期望为他们中的每一位做贡献。
Take a few moments to ask yourself these questions: 花点时间问问自己下面这些问题。
What are the specific needs and expectations of my employer, customer, or client? 我老板,顾客或者客户的具体需求和期望是什么呢?
What are the needs and desires of my spouse 5 or significant other? 我爱人或其他重要的人的需求和愿望是什么?
What do my friends need in their relationships with me? 我的朋友在这段人际关系里需要什么?
To help you put this lesson into perspective, make a note of the five people closest to you. 为了把这节课更透视化,现在记录5个和你亲近的人。
These should be people with whom you have or desire to have a lasting 6 relationship. 这些人应该是和你有持久关系或你希望有持续关系的人。
Include on your list at least one family member, one friend, and at least one person you work for or with whom you do business. 你列举的这里面至少有一个家庭成员,一个朋友,至少有一个你的老板或商业合作伙伴。
Next, ask yourself, What does this person need from a relationship with me and what can I do to provide it? 然后问自己,这些人需要从这段关系中得到什么以及你能为他们做些什么?
Remember that what you decide to deposit into each relationship should depend on that person’s specific needs. 请牢记你决定在任一段人际关系中投资什么应该依赖于这些人具体的需求。
When you start asking what you can do to improve your relationships with others—rather than asking what they can do for you 当你开始询问你做些什么能提高你的人际关系而不是询问他们能为你做些什么时,
your relationships will bring you joy and satisfaction and brighten the lives of those you care about. 你的人际关系将给你带来开心和满足并且点亮你关心的人的生活。
n.评价;欣赏;感谢;领会,理解;价格上涨
- I would like to express my appreciation and thanks to you all.我想对你们所有人表达我的感激和谢意。
- I'll be sending them a donation in appreciation of their help.我将送给他们一笔捐款以感谢他们的帮助。
n.食物的一份&adj.帮助人的,辅助的
- The poor children regularly pony up for a second helping of my hamburger. 那些可怜的孩子们总是要求我把我的汉堡包再给他们一份。
- By doing this, they may at times be helping to restore competition. 这样一来, 他在某些时候,有助于竞争的加强。
adj.故意的,有意(识)的
- Let me assure you that it was not intentional.我向你保证那不是故意的。
- His insult was intentional.他的侮辱是有意的。
n.养育,照顾,教育;滋养,营养品;vt.养育,给与营养物,教养,扶持
- The tree grows well in his nurture.在他的培育下这棵树长得很好。
- The two sisters had received very different nurture.这俩个姊妹接受过极不同的教育。
n.配偶(指夫或妻)
- Her spouse will come to see her on Sunday.她的丈夫星期天要来看她。
- What is the best way to keep your spouse happy in the marriage?在婚姻中保持配偶幸福的最好方法是什么?
标签:
生活英语