Steve找到同事Bob, 向他请教投资的问题,Bob觉得股市风险太大,那房地产呢? Bob: Buying property is definitely something to consider. But just because prices have been going up for a long time doesn't mean they will always go

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Lisa请Shirley吃饭,有事征求Shirley的意见。 Lisa: Hey, Shirley! Want to join me for lunch...my treat! Shirley: Wow! Sure! Lisa: I must confess I have an ulterior motive for asking you to lunch. S: Oh....that's OK....as long as you're buyin

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

中西方的职场文化也有很大的不同,很明显的一点就体现在开会的时候:如果你在一家外企工作,开会的时候千万要神经绷紧了,如果你在下面玩玩手机打打瞌睡那可是会有大麻烦的。怎样才

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

Native American stories and legends depict crows as witty and tricky. Modern behaviorists agree; crows are one of the more intelligent bird species. That intelligence allows them to be crafty survivors as well as, to put it bluntly, thieves. Maybe ou

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

哈皮和安德鲁今天讨论的主题是,手机已经被广泛应用开来,第一代手机还是很大的那种,现如今每人一部手机,那到底手机是方便了人们的沟通还是阻碍了人们的沟通呢? Harp: Dont depress me

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

Dialogue Cellphone Etiquette JJ:Hello? XG:Hey, Jing Jing. Its me, Xiao Gao! JJ:Xiao Gao! Why are you calling me? I just sent you a text message! You just breached an inexcusable cell phone etiquette rule! XG:Are you kidding me? Go on, tell me some of

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Sports Etiquette 体育礼仪 Do you know what sports etiquette is? 你知道体育礼仪是什么吗? Sports players should have manners when they play sports with others. 运动员在进行体育比赛的时候应该要有礼貌。 Should only sp

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第9册

Ann. 陈豪刚从大学毕业就在北京的一家美国公司找到了一份工作。今天他收到一张通知,可是里面有一个词他不懂,他只知道让他去参加一个什么训练班。所以他就去请教公司里的美籍华人Ma

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

在陈豪工作的ABC美国公司,大多数人都在各自的小隔间里工作。可是今天陈豪没法集中精神工作。为什么呢?你听了他对美籍华人Mary的对话就知道了。 (Office ambience) C: Good morning, Mary, do you ha

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。每当有什么礼节方面的问题,他都去问美籍华人Mary。现在他正在打电话约Mary去吃午饭。 (Office ambience) M:Hello, Human Resources Department, this is Mary. C:Hi Mary. How wou

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Have you ever seen Kate Middleton at an official engagement carrying anything other than a clutch? 你见过凯特米德尔顿在正式场合携带其它东西而不是包包的情况吗? We know--we too racked our brains (a.k.a. Google) trying to

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

1.What's the first custom in the international society? 被国际社会公认的第一礼俗是什么? Lady first。 女士优先。 2.What is the Three A principle in social communications? 社交中的三A原则指的是什么? Accept, Apprecia

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

WANTED: Payroll Manager with BA in accounting, five years of management experience, extensive knowledge of payrollprinciples, and a sense of humor。 要求: 有会计学位的薪资管理经理,有五年的管理经验,对薪资原则有充分的

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The idea of sponsoring a wedding may have your head spinning, but it's growing in popularity. 赞助结婚?这个想法你听了可能有点儿晕,但现在愈发流行。 Some enterprising couples have invited more than close friends and relatives

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

MUSIC: Hanging on the Telephone/BlondieAA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: some tips on telephone etiquette. RS: One person you don't want to leave hanging on the phone is Nancy Friedman. She's been traveling the co

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

What could be better on a numbingly cold winter night than a hot pot to warm your heart? Eating hot pot is not simply about dipping small pieces of food into boiling liquid, its also an opportunity to have a great time with friends gathered around a

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

Idiom: Rosecolored glasses ( be over optimistic ) Hit the book: Seat-kicker Dubious Intermittent Irk Etiquette Inattentive Aggravation Dereliction Aromatic Boozer (CNN)For the second year running, seat-kickers have earned the dubious distinction of

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Travel Etiquette出行礼仪 Japan 日本 Don't tip anyone: Tipping is just not part of the culture. Don't even leave the small change. People will come running after you with it. Don't wear your shoes in someone's house: If you see other people taki

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

Travel Etiquette出行礼仪 Russia 俄国 Don't give an even number of flowers as a gift: That's for dead folks. Proper bouquet will have 1/3/5/7 flowers. Don't rely on a credit card: There are lots of places which only accept cash. Don't assume the

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

25 Table Manners A: A westerner said to his Chinese friend. Chinese people slurp when drinking soup. Its disgusting . the Chinese friend replied , westerners make a lot of noise licking their fingers when eating. Its even worse. B: everyone has his o

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英语畅谈中国文化