Lily在公司休息室看到同事Kyle和Jerry在聊天,上前打招呼。 Lily: Good afternoon, guys. Am I interrupting something? Kyle: Jerry and I were just debating the American custom of tipping. Jerry: Yeah, he's in favor and I'm opposed. L:

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Harry告诉同事Cindy, 他这一天真是倒了血霉了。早上起晚,上班迟到,忘了取送去干洗的西装,所以只好穿着T恤和牛仔裤来公司上班,不仅如此,钱包还被人偷了。 Cindy听后很同情地说, Cindy

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司主管 James找到公关部主任 Felicia. James: Hey, Felicia...do you have time for a quick conversation? Felicia: Sure, boss. What's up? J: I was walking through the hallways of our office yesterday and it struck me that we could use a littl

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

7 On Etiquette 论礼仪 William Hazlitt 威廉黑兹利特 Etiquette to society is what apparel is to the individual. Without apparel men would go in shameful nudity which would surely lead to the corruption of morals; and without etiquette society

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之商务英语

Do As the Americans Do 在美国学会入乡随俗 Be confident.Confidence is probably one of the most noticeable traits in the Americans. They show confidence in the way they talk, the way they smile, the way they dress and the way they walk. Living

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙

Hi everyone, welcome again to Radio English on Sunday. This is Bruce,/ and this is Peter. / Today on page two hundred sixty eight, we begin unit thirty two: Professional Telephone Etiquette. / 礼貌 is very important, not only in day to day relation

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(541) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄高级美国英语

Richard Schlesinger : These well-known , well-heeled defendants became captains of industry on their way up and may have helped create a cottage industry as they went down. David Novak : Nobody likes

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2006年

One day last fall, my colleague Miguel Morales received an email with a sign-off that was so strange, it has stuck in his mind for the last year. It came from Melissa Geisler, who works in digital sports programming and production at Yahoo. Below Gei

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

陈豪今天晚上要参加公司举行的正式晚宴。他想起在电影上看到的这种场合,桌上放满了刀叉。这些刀叉该怎么用?他决定去请教公司里的美籍华人Mary。 (Office ambience) C: Mary,今晚公司为美国

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他在走廊上远远地看到美国同事Amy,连忙赶了过去。 (Office ambience) C:Amy, 我有点儿急事想请教你。 A:OK, What is it? C:跟我一个办公室的Todd, 他妈妈在美国去世了

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Ann. 陈豪去年大学毕业以后,就到北京的美国ABC公司工作。今天他去出席了一个午餐会以后回到公司,还没有走进自己的办公室,就被同事Mary叫住了。 (Office ambience) M: Hey, Chao Hao, I need to talk

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司主管开会,执行总裁Rick说: Rick: The Board of Directors has come to a decision. Our company will take an image hit, and it's going to be very expensive, but it seems we have no other choice but to start a recall. Samantha, would you

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

King跟同事Dan聊天,发现他心不在焉。King说, King: The trip was pretty good except for the flat tire we got on the way home. I was going to change it myself but then...hey Dan, are you even listening to me? Dan? Dan: Oh sorry, I spaced

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

ANDY向同事Jane咨询公司医疗保险的事。 ANDY: Hey, Jane...are you familiar with our company's insurance policies? Jane: Umm....I think so. What's up? A: I've never really paid attention to the fine print of our insurance policies...but it

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Lisa告诉同事Emily新年过后准备辞职,因为她觉得眼下的工作很无聊,没有升职的机会,她还说: Lisa: The other problem is that I think the company is really set in its ways. Emily: What do you mean? L: In other words,

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Sally 早上遇到同事 Lisa, 马上凑上前去,很神秘地说: Sally: Did you hear the news about Tom and his wife? Lisa: No....what happened? S: Well, Jane told me that Tom has been having an affair! I heard his wife caught him at a hotel wi

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Chris准备买辆新车,向同事Jason征求意见。 Chris: What do you think about this one? Here....take a look. Jason: I like it. It's quite stylish. But....it's also pretty small. C: That's OK. We are only a family of three. J: This model has

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Chris跟同事Ben聊起美国人对体育运动的热爱。Ben问, B: So sports is a way for people to bond? C: Yeah. During holidays like Thanksgiving my family will sit around in front of the television and watch a football game together. It's a

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

A: 欢迎大家来到这期的美语训练班! 我是杨琳! B: 我是Mike! 杨琳,来告诉大家今天都要学什么! A: Sure! 今天, 我们要给大家介绍一下在职场上非常有用的仪表姿态,谈谈在办公室里玩儿幽默该怎

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美语训练班

第32期:谈面试经历 马克和罗娜分别在不同的公司面试,他们坐在了一起谈论起彼此的面试经历。 Mark: Hello, Lorna. How was your interview yesterday? Lorna: Hello, Mark. I did a wonderful job and they're going to emplo

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英语口语